Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice day to go shopping if you were in cash, wonder is Buffet deploying his Bazooka?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Supercell wrote: »
    Nice day to go shopping if you were in cash, wonder is Buffet deploying his Bazooka?

What would you be buying now if you had the cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

GooglePlus wrote: »

The million dollar question! Mine is a pure hunch but I’m looking at Chinese companies. Or anything in the Far East. They seem to be dealing quite well with the crisis and will probably emerge first. I still have large holdings in BABA and JD.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Any index that’s plumeting that you know will recover (all major ones will). I’m
    Gonna be using my pension to start buying global equities over the coming 12 months. Buy when everybody’s selling and sell when everybody’s buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Supercell wrote: »

Probably buying more Delta. Financial firms like visa and Mastercard could be bought at a nice discount.

Someone on this thread recommend AIM Immunotech and it's up nearly 400% now in a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Jim2007 wrote: »
    No what you should do is do your home work and rely on that not gut reaction. If it was seriously over valued at 53k it was time to get out, if it is still over valued it is time to get out.

In times like these most stock prices tend to revert to prices more in line with their values.

what bloody difference would homework have made this past month ?, the good gets dumped with the bad during a severe correction like this .

i happen to think my two largest positions have decent prospects but i do sell and buy back a few times each year , the last month was a steam train however and im not a day trader

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Drumpot wrote: »
    Any index that’s plumeting that you know will recover (all major ones will). I’m
    Gonna be using my pension to start buying global equities over the coming 12 months. Buy when everybody’s selling and sell when everybody’s buying.

Ok, so completely new to this but as a test I bought 10 shares in AIG, which has dropped a fair bit in the last two weeks. Will leave it there and how it goes.

If I get confident and a bit more savvy, I'll start putting bigger money in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

More BAM, more BA more V etc, basically more of what I have already.
    If I was closer to retirement some of NLY, NRZ, LADR, MAIN.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

The Robinhood trading app is costing people in the US big time with yet another outage. Nothing similar has happened to Degiro right?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Is there any price that could tempt ye into picking up a few cruise company stocks? For example, Royal Caribbean down from $135 on 17th Jan to $51 today. Feels so wrong to throw a few quid in yet at the same time feels so right.

• Advertisement

Is there any price that could tempt ye into picking up a few cruise company stocks? For example, Royal Caribbean down from $135 on 17th Jan to $51 today. Feels so wrong to throw a few quid in yet at the same time feels so right.

I’ve already gone in to Norwegian.

The Robinhood trading app is costing people in the US big time with yet another outage. Nothing similar has happened to Degiro right?

I use IG. More expensive but never have any issues so worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

i bought some ford couldn't help it :)
    they do own a stake in rivian (electric) so can hold it if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm far from an expert but I think looking at how low things are compared to a few months ago and assuming we're as low as can go is over-simplifying. Even without the Coronavirus most figured we were close to end of the bull rush cycle.

We're still not at the lows of Dec 2018, and there's not really any signs that Coronavirus is slowing down (if anything it's only gonna impact US more in the next few months).

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm far from an expert but I think looking at how low things are compared to a few months ago and assuming we're as low as can go is over-simplifying. Even without the Coronavirus most figured we were close to end of the bull rush cycle.

We're still not at the lows of Dec 2018, and there's not really any signs that Coronavirus is slowing down (if anything it's only gonna impact US more in the next few months).

100%, I've recently become interested in the stock market again and for lack of any knowledge or insights about most of the companies, I've been crudely eyeballing the largest fallers etc. I won't be investing any proper money until I get a handle on it, so your point is well taken.

Just added some AMC as a penny play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

ACB is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Shedite27 wrote: »

Most stocks aren't even below their price from 3 months ago!

Stupid run the last few months makes it look worse than it is.

Banks and oil withstanding. Both are fcked!

As for Ford.... :pac:

hottipper wrote: »
    Just added some AMC as a penny play

AMC entertainment?

I've never bought shares but I've being following the market for a few years. I'm considering the following later in the year

Apple
    Delta
    Coca Cola
    Mastercard
    Microsoft
    Tesla

Then to a lesser extent I'm willing to take a punt on
    - Uber
    - Snap

• Advertisement

AMC entertainment?

yeah i just bought 200 seems to be holding ok - may get stopped out will see

Taylor365 wrote: »

whats wrong with ford? id rather hold ford now than tesla

Taylor365 wrote: »

thats incorrect , a small number of stocks drive the bulk of gains in every countries market , the vast majority of stocks are at eighteen month lows and more , disney was higher in march 2015

its stock price was higher in 1986

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    its stock price was higher in 1986

Ford has had a few share splits since then so while the share price is the same, the market cap of the company is higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Probably buying more Delta. Financial firms like visa and Mastercard could be bought at a nice discount.

Someone on this thread recommend AIM Immunotech and it's up nearly 400% now in a month.

Yep, AIM immunotech was a great shout. Up just over 200% for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Under Armour worth a punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

If I wasn't heading off on holidays this week I'd be buying, so probably be next month.

Eyes on Boeing & Disney to get things going.

Boeing are not over the hump by a long stretch, wiring harness issues now, probably hoping the market missed it in the noise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Greatest bull run and they continued to fall for the past 6 years.

Now at its lowest since 09 paying a near 10% dividend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wouldnt touch Boeing with a bargepole, seriously dodgy company even if Coronavirus didnt exist, anything could come out of the woodwork at any time, totally toxic culture.

Advertisement