Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Shorts taking profit heading into the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Some rally in the last 45mns, 2nd week in a row. Don’t understand it myself, any logic?

Dow finishes up on the week

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Some rally in the last 45mns, 2nd week in a row. Don’t understand it myself, any logic?

Dow finishes up on the week

Shorts closing positions on the off chance there is good news over the weekend.

Pretty bearish day overall when you look at yields etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Shorts taking profit heading into the weekend.

Yes , and on S+P 3000 is a big level psychologically , it has hovered around it for a while now, if it breaks below the next level is around 2400 , then anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

About half of portfolio closed out at break even today. Didn't have time to add on last dip. Will look again next week. Still holding 11 stocks for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

8 people have died in Spain from the virus..

Ages of 7 of the 8 have been 87, 91, 76, 99, 87, 79 and 76.
    I don't mean to dismiss their deaths by any means but it's likely had they picked up any 'normal' winter virus
    they would not have survived.

In the UK it's been two, a woman in her 70's and a man in his 80's. The common denominator as in Spain
    has been that they all had underlying medical conditions.

While the virus works it's way around the world and will soon contaminate millions if it hasn't already it is
    not going to wipe out half of the world's population and it looks like it is doing a lot more damage to economies
    than to people's health.

Just my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Anheuser-Busch is getting hammered, it owns corona beer
    number 1 imported beer to the US
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/188728/top-imported-beer-brands-in-the-united-states/

adding it to my watch list :cool:

hottipper wrote: »
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/188728/top-imported-beer-brands-in-the-united-states/

I have already added them to my portfolio folio

Bob Harris wrote: »
    8 people have died in Spain from the virus..

Ages of 7 of the 8 have been 87, 91, 76, 99, 87, 79 and 76.
    I don't mean to dismiss their deaths by any means but it's likely had they picked up any 'normal' winter virus
    they would not have survived.

In the UK it's been two, a woman in her 70's and a man in his 80's. The common denominator as in Spain
    has been that they all had underlying medical conditions.

While the virus works it's way around the world and will soon contaminate millions if it hasn't already it is
    not going to wipe out half of the world's population and it looks like it is doing a lot more damage to economies
    than to people's health.

Just my two cents.

Completely agree. It’s the panic that will do the damage. The authorities the world over are already copping on to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Completely agree. It’s the panic that will do the damage. The authorities the world over are already copping on to this.

We were due a recession anyway. Longest economic expansion in history. Half of the stock indices are zombie companies only alive due to the absurdly low cost of debt. If interest rates go up these companies go bankrupt. The junk bond market is already blowing up. It’s a bigger fraud than Enron. But. Don’t take my word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

hottipper wrote: »

Constellation Brands (STZ) no?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Constellation Brands (STZ) no?

Think thats in the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

Shorts closing positions on the off chance there is good news over the weekend.

Almost right - "A major Chicago market maker was caught in the infamous gamma short squeeze, which forced them to keep buying the VIX as the VIX soared, in the process ending the VIX even higher, only to get margin called out of their position by their clearing firm, puking their entire position while liquidating anything they could, and unleashing the VIX selling avalanche and the 700 Dow point rally."

So if you made it through the week with a few minor bumps when some of the big boys didn't give youself a pat on the back... But, always expect the unexpected and protect yourself, some crazy times in the near future

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/someone-big-was-utterly-blown-fk-out-heres-reason-behind-todays-unprecedented-vix-move

XMG wrote: »
    Almost right - "A major Chicago market maker was caught in the infamous gamma short squeeze, which forced them to keep buying the VIX as the VIX soared, in the process ending the VIX even higher, only to get margin called out of their position by their clearing firm, puking their entire position while liquidating anything they could, and unleashing the VIX selling avalanche and the 700 Dow point rally."

So if you made it through the week with a few minor bumps when some of the big boys didn't give youself a pat on the back... But, always expect the unexpected and protect yourself, some crazy times in the near future

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/someone-big-was-utterly-blown-fk-out-heres-reason-behind-todays-unprecedented-vix-move

Crazy times alright, I'm all out of stocks for now, just playing currencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

With potential supply issues associated with the 🦠 outbreak, we could see a shift to 3D-Printing products.

This stock in particular is very low right now, and could potentially grow over the next few months

SSYS

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

pearcider wrote: »
    We were due a recession anyway. Longest economic expansion in history. Half of the stock indices are zombie companies only alive due to the absurdly low cost of debt. If interest rates go up these companies go bankrupt. The junk bond market is already blowing up. It’s a bigger fraud than Enron. But. Don’t take my word for it.

Gundlach lol

Futures looking like another bloodbath for tomorrow.

SPY looking likely for -4% upon open, can't recall last time that happened. Wonder will 30% drop in oil price today help airlines that are down due to CV?

Not to scare anyone but the 10 Year is now 0.527 %

S&P futures halted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Can we just skip a few years ahead already 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Carnage incoming. Time to get off the fence perhaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Take losses now or ride it out? Can't help but feel this is only getting started and better to take it out now. Am i smart enough to time the market and get back in at the right time later?, i dunno.
    Anyone just sitting this out?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Supercell wrote: »
    Take losses now or ride it out? Can't help but feel this is only getting started and better to take it out now. Am i smart enough to time the market and get back in at the right time later?, i dunno.

I'm out all except for my work shared, i've no choice to do it until April 1st, already in the red and that's accounting for the 15% discount..

FTSE 100 down 8%, it's happening folks!

Time to go shopping or at least write the shopping list.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

One observation I've had in my limited time trading is to let the first hour of trading ride. Always seems to be an initial slump.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Some advice please if I have a capital gain of 3 thousand euros on shares in x and a loss of 3 thousand in Y can i off set the profit against the loss and if so how much
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

My portfolio was worth 53k the day before the general election here, worth 41 k right now, too late to sell, my goal now is for this experience to build resolve against market volatility

I’m sitting this in. And adding more today.

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    My portfolio was worth 53k the day before the general election here, worth 41 k right now, too late to sell, my goal now is for this experience to build resolve against market volatility

Strong hands, fair play!

Advertisement