Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Took the plunge on 4D this morning at 160p. Fingers crossed all goes well .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭dinneenp

jams100 wrote: »
    Up 6% in a day.
    I still think its worth joining the ride. They are very opportunistic, if they see something they go after it and when they go after something they generally get it.
    Peloton fans beware amazon are now selling a $499 knock off peloton bike. If you want a peloton bike right now you have a 7 week wait and thats in America I can only imagine how long it is in other regions.
    Bottom line is Amazon is a money machine and by the time q3 results are released they'll be back to cirrca 3,500 imo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/09/22/tech/amazon-prime-bike-peloton/index.html

With Covid and Christmas coming up I can see them getting huge amount of business (even more than their normal Christmas period).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭testtech05

Rothmans wrote: »
    Took the plunge on 4D this morning at 160p. Fingers crossed all goes well .

Waiting for a transfer to land in DeGiro so I can do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Opinions on Fastly, has been going sideways since July pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

RedRochey wrote: »
    Opinions on Fastly, has been going sideways since July pretty much
    Been a good one to buy the dips. Since July it's gone $78 - $102 - $78 - $116 - $78 - $95 - $78 - $95.

You can see where it's got very solid support, will break out north eventually (probably once the moving averages catch up)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

dinneenp wrote: »
    With Covid and Christmas coming up I can see them getting huge amount of business (even more than their normal Christmas period).

they are delivering in a week over here, i ordered mine at the start of Covid and had it within 7 days, great piece of kit, think they will continue to evolve and grow, rumour has it they are developing a rower as well

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

testtech05 wrote: »
    Waiting for a transfer to land in DeGiro so I can do the same!

Check you're using the correct degiro banking details. I was waiting a week not long ago, saw the money returned to my bank, noticed degiro changed their banking details, lodged to the new details and money was in the next day.

Ignore if you knew all that jazz already though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭testtech05

Check you're using the correct degiro banking details. I was waiting a week not long ago, saw the money returned to my bank, noticed degiro changed their banking details, lodged to the new details and money was in the next day.

Ignore if you knew all that jazz already though....

I got lucky hadn't transferred in a while so double checked the details and saw they were different from the account I had saved!

Hopefully doesn't take too much longer to go through. Transferred from BOI yesterday.

Thanks for the tip though

testtech05 wrote: »
    I got lucky hadn't transferred in a while so double checked the details and saw they were different from the account I had saved!

Hopefully doesn't take too much longer to go through. Transferred from BOI yesterday.

Thanks for the tip though

Should have between 2-3 pm.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Been playing with these the last few months and taking another stake in all of them .
    Tax returns sorted , lets invest for the next 2 - 5 years

WKHS ($24.20) - they will get a chunk of the USPS order to replace their delivery fleet, plus they have some patents on the use of drones from a truck

KODK ($9) - they will get that loan eventually

INO ($16.52) very heavily shorted shorts, circa 30% of float, but they cant hold it back forever. I believe in their science, their DNA platform has a number of products in late stage trials. The big play is their very safe Covid vaccine. Playing catchup on the early Covid vaccine runners but they may win a big chunk of the prize or potentially bought out in the next 24 months, expecting major news in the next 2-3 weeks.

NVAX ($105) what can I say this stock has been so good to me . Similar to INO, they have a very safe COVID vaccine, lots of deals signed , peaked at $180 a few months back, I expect them to return to it in hte coming weeks.

APT ($14.31) N95 mask play highly shorted, a company with the sort of balance sheet Wall St hates, no debt, PE sub 6 , great margin , triple digits yoy growth. At somepoint someone has to take notice.

MCPHY (22 euro)- Hydorgen electrolysers , French company, met some of their scientists recently I think they are on the cusp of some breakthrus...

NYCTL (£4) - Covid testing play , ridden this thru its peaks , expecting major RNS in the coming weeks, as it moves to a mid-cap company , on many big pharma people takeover radar.

do your own due diligence, dont take advice verbatim from randomers on forums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Been playing with these the last few months and taking another stake in all of them .
    Tax returns sorted , lets invest for the next 2 - 5 years

WKHS ($24.20) - they will get a chunk of the USPS order to replace their delivery fleet, plus they have some patents on the use of drones from a truck

KODK ($9) - they will get that loan eventually

INO ($16.52) very heavily shorted shorts, circa 30% of float, but they cant hold it back forever. I believe in their science, their DNA platform has a number of products in late stage trials. The big play is their very safe Covid vaccine. Playing catchup on the early Covid vaccine runners but they may win a big chunk of the prize or potentially bought out in the next 24 months, expecting major news in the next 2-3 weeks.

NVAX ($105) what can I say this stock has been so good to me . Similar to INO, they have a very safe COVID vaccine, lots of deals signed , peaked at $180 a few months back, I expect them to return to it in hte coming weeks.

APT ($14.31) N95 mask play highly shorted, a company with the sort of balance sheet Wall St hates, no debt, PE sub 6 , great margin , triple digits yoy growth. At somepoint someone has to take notice.

MCPHY (22 euro)- Hydorgen electrolysers , French company, met some of their scientists recently I think they are on the cusp of some breakthrus...

NYCTL (£4) - Covid testing play , ridden this thru its peaks , expecting major RNS in the coming weeks, as it moves to a mid-cap company , on many big pharma people takeover radar.

do your own due diligence, dont take advice verbatim from randomers on forums

Good stuff though a bit long, didn't read the last part. Going balls deep. Thanks!

Re Kodak, below $9 already. I sold at 12.24. Was going to buy back in, but less sure now. Dont want to grasp a falling knife. I think we'll see 6s. Lawsuits against the company by shareholders.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

there is going to be many ups and downs until election... a chance to trade on a few stocks you know and make a few quid while collecting a dividend..

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Eh, no

I don't know.
    I watched an interview with one Ryanair's stewardess and she was saying the planes which are still going on her route sometimes only carry 7-8 passengers.

It's apparently a mess up there.
    Also the recent super extra deals, looks like they're desperate at this stage toake some sales.

Btw, t's time to move away from US stocks to Europe.

Re Kodak - it's been struggling since a digital camera has been invented lol. Stay away.

Regarding Ryanair...No, they are trying to starve their competitors of any cash from passengers over the next quarter.

Also, we're nearing a point where one should consider moving away from pumped pandemic stocks towards value stocks and slowly start betting on recovery this flu season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Regarding Ryanair...No, they are trying to starve their competitors of any cash from passengers over the next quarter.

Ryanair have a huge cash pile. Olearys biggest gripe is the competition receiving state aid every few years.

Ryanair have a huge cash pile. Olearys biggest gripe is the competition receiving state aid every few years.

How fast are they burning it though? You won't know until everyone knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

voluntary wrote: »
    Also, we're nearing a point where one should consider moving away from pumped pandemic stocks towards value stocks and slowly start betting on recovery this flu season.

What kind of recovery are you expecting and when?

Re Kodak - it's been struggling since a digital camera has been invented lol. Stay away.

Since THEY invented if I recall. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I think the next few months are going to be very volatile. Tech seems to have topped out but its far from certain if value stocks are going to be the big beneficiary's. I think a period of sitting on the sidelines and snatching bargains when the arise is the policy to employ. That's what I am doing anyway.

I'm guessing you're talking about Zoom, TeleDoc, Docusign, Peloton etc as "Pandemic stocks". Do you really think that as soon as we have a vaccine they stop being used? I can only see more companies going towards digital signatures, more people enjoying having the Doc in their phone rather than trekking to a surgery when they're sick, more people getting used to the home workout idea. They're "2025 stocks" in my head, not just while we're in lockdown.

And then the Fastly, Twilio, Datadog, Snowflake aren't Pandemic stocks, yes they've run up a lot so are ripe for a correction/pullback, but they're not going away when the Pandemic is over.

I know it's been asked before, but any insight as to when $GAN is slipping? Seems to be down everyday recently.

From $13 in May
    To $27 in July
    Back to $15 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're talking about Zoom, TeleDoc, Docusign, Peloton etc as "Pandemic stocks". Do you really think that as soon as we have a vaccine they stop being used? I can only see more companies going towards digital signatures, more people enjoying having the Doc in their phone rather than trekking to a surgery when they're sick, more people getting used to the home workout idea. They're "2025 stocks" in my head, not just while we're in lockdown.

And then the Fastly, Twilio, Datadog, Snowflake aren't Pandemic stocks, yes they've run up a lot so are ripe for a correction/pullback, but they're not going away when the Pandemic is over.

Fair point if company valuations were tied into just fundamentals, however at the moment everyone wants some of their portfolio in pandemic stocks, they're in the press more, they're riding the crest of a wave, but once/if we get to relative normality, the companies should continue to trade well & benefit from Covid, but the short term money will move to other stocks. (IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Peleton I've been keeping an eye on since Feb, as it's a model I'm close to but just don't understand the financials. At $28 I thought it was rediculously overvalued. Now at $96, market cap $27bn.

That is absolutely nuts, but what would I know, for a company with one product and also a very easily replicated model with tonnes of competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I don't understand Peloton as a company. So they sell a proprietary stationary bike and then a subscription service to cycle exercises and races is it ?

Is that their entire gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

FYI Biotech stocks are amongst the riskiest investments, not to mention the added risk surrounding covid vaccines, one sniff of bad news and these things come down 80%, 90% and more in a number of days.

Regarding 'covid plays', just because people will continue to use these products/services after a vaccine comes around doesn't mean we will continue to see their stock rise. The market is forward looking, these stocks rallied early due to the anticipation of their roles during lockdowns. The market looks to ahead to see what 'may' happen, not what is happening. Hence why a lot of times a stock does the opposite of what we expect it to do and the reason why only becomes apparent after the stock takes a beating. Just a little FYI to respect risk and keep your funds safe!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

DilD wrote: »
    FYI Biotech stocks are amongst the riskiest investments, not to mention the added risk surrounding covid vaccines, one sniff of bad news and these things come down 80%, 90% and more in a number of days.

Regarding 'covid plays', just because people will continue to use these products/services after a vaccine comes around doesn't mean we will continue to see their stock rise. The market is forward looking, these stocks rallied early due to the anticipation of their roles during lockdowns. The market looks to ahead to see what 'may' happen, not what is happening. Hence why a lot of times a stock does the opposite of what we expect it to do and the reason why only becomes apparent after the stock takes a beating. Just a little FYI to respect risk and keep your funds safe!

Good point. I will allow it :)
    but remember most vaccines are into late Pahse 2 early Phase 3 , test results are dropping each month, so to some degree we are moving out of the 'forward looking' phase and into the 'what is happening' .
    Some bio stocks are being held down by shorts cos they made the wrong bet when they were all at the starting gate.

Personally on my BIO COVID plays, Im also basing some of my choice on the underlying platform and the pipeline outside of Covid .

Yes Bio is not for faint hearted , if I have a 33:33:33 win:breakeven:loss ration on bio picks Id be content as the wins tend to be multiples .

PATIENCE .. PATIENCE is the key to the door.

Advertisement