Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭in2dark

riddles wrote: »
    what clean energy stocks have you?

BEP
    CSIQ
    CNQ (not so green but i like it)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Putin said the vaccine worked on his daughter... :D

Haha i saw that alright, after looking into it it seems they essentially skipped phase 3 clinical trials so that vaccine wont be going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Sold all my FAANGs plus other tech stocks. I feel we are now in a tech bubble.

Whilst some tech stocks will probably pull back a small bit I don't really think its a bubble. This pandemic has changed the way people do business, in some cases for good. Do I see high street retail ever being the same again? No. The likes of Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook are imo fairly valued overall. Of course some people will point of PE ratios etc being way out of line but the bottom line is if Amazon stock dips some pension fund will just buy that dip. Tech stocks in the medium to long term are still a solid investment. Short term I can't see them having any significant growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Disney has performed really well for me over the last few months. Even with the closure of parks, cinemas etc. Think Disney+ has been a (pardon the pun) big plus and their recent move to premiere blockbusters (Mulan) on the platform is an interesting pivot.

Great long term play imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Anyone following Inovia Pharma folks, down nearly 20% I understand one of the analyst downgraded it..

Also NIO is down 5% thought after the results it would fly away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone looking to get involved in crypto DM me I'll give you a link to coinbase for €8 free of bitcoin when you buy €85 of crypto

Anyone following Inovia Pharma folks, down nearly 20% I understand one of the analyst downgraded it..

Also NIO is down 5% thought after the results it would fly away...

NIO did initially but people sold their stock at the high likely early investors id imagine.

Looks like Inovio are further behind then people expected on a covid vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Earnings must of been priced in with nio already, combined with some pump and dump today, and a reasonably poor day for tech and EV against the covid hit sectors which rallied instead. Overall nio moving in the right direction still and is a long way on from where it was only afew months ago, both the company and share price. I picked up afew more shares the afternoon.

Great 2 days for airbus though!

Tesla split nice might be able to afford some stock in it now

Elon just wants to hit $420 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Etsy absolutely blew 2nd quarter earnings out of the water.

I'm up 171.09% on my Etsy position. bought at $44.04

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Thinking of going biggish into Tesla after the stock split and then maybe selling before battery day. What are peoples thoughts on battery day and it raising further after.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Slack announced Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2021 Financial Results for September 8th

has had a fall from a few weeks back - will be very interesting results

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

My latest purchase is ASML Holding, they are a Dutch company and currently the largest supplier in the world of photolithography systems for the semiconductor industry.

heffo500 wrote: »
    My latest purchase is ASML Holding, they are a Dutch company and currently the largest supplier in the world of photolithography systems for the semiconductor industry.

Hi heffo500, don't you think there's correction due within the Graphics/Semiconductor industry?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

MurDawg wrote: »
    Slack announced Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2021 Financial Results for September 8th

has had a fall from a few weeks back - will be very interesting results

I've been topping up as the SP has been dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

heffo500 wrote: »

I've worked on their stuff, some big expensive equipment they make

Got Inovia Pharma last night @14.50 thought it's decent price, ffs they're down to 12.80 today :mad:

Got Inovia Pharma last night @14.50 thought it's decent price, ffs they're down to 12.80 today :mad:

Pharma is about as volatile as it gets now.

Inovia reported they are further behind then people thought on their vaccine so people are going to dump them for the likes of Moderna who signed a contract with the US and once someone else comes out with data further ahead then them people will dump them for the new shiny pharma company

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Pharma is about as volatile as it gets now.

Inovia reported they are further behind then people thought on their vaccine so people are going to dump them for the likes of Moderna who signed a contract with the US and once someone else comes out with data further ahead then them people will dump them for the new shiny pharma company

That's true, atleast I didn't get Kodak :eek:

• Advertisement

Draftkings in the green again for me, damn currency rate is killing me on all my positions at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

hobie21 wrote: »
    I'll summerise the points.

1. Recession. Fewer customers buying cars (esp Chinese market 50% drop already)
    2. The truck. What an ugly machine.
    3. Cash burn, new factories in early stages in Germany China.
    4. P/E of 50.

Plan is short at 570 and get out at 250.
    Not ure if "the short Tesla" lad still posts here, but it's looking like they're gonna do a 5-1 stock split and it still won't get below $250

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭riddles

Any opinions on ONEM for the long haul ~ decent earnings report today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

RIGOLO wrote: »
    I believe in a balanced portfolio .

Im on record as taking a position in the gun stocks RGR (Ruger) and SWBI (Smith and Wesson) a few weeks back , that whole BLM bs was bound to give them a pop which I will ride until earnings or maybe until the election depends how many block partys the sjws have.
    VSTO on the OTC is another great pick as they do alot of ammo and WRTC have some cool devices for personal protection. But that whole space is very cyclical and subject to social tensins you have to monitor.

Anyways to balance off this part of the portfolio Ive taken a large position in the BLM movement.
    Picked up some BYFC (Broadway Financial currnetly $2.37) and CARV (Carver Banking group currently $7.11), a few weeks ago both black owned banking companys. Netflix already announced they are moving $100 million in deposits to black owned banks, and I expect other major multi-nationals to follow suit.
    I averaged down on both and have taken some profit off the table as both of these are day traders dreams with major run ups and drops which I have played, but for now I think these 2 companies are long term holds.
    UONE (is a black owned social media and radio company) I dont own any but some people are speculating they will grow with BLM growth. But BYFC and CARV are my main BLM plays

If the A-listers and multi-nationals are serious about supporting the BLM movement sooner or later serious money will have to flow to these 2.
    Scared money dont make money so this is only for the brave.

And AYRO is my EV play , Amazon are building a new distro centre near them and they do electric run abouts. Take a look

Do your own dd, and dont ever take advice from people who post stock picks on msg boards.
    GLTA , now Im off again , Im really too busy to spend time here.
    What a day NVAX pops 30% and INO up 15% on compounded gains, it nearly knocked me off the wagon...

great predictions from this post over a month ago.

Im up 42% on VSTO Just wish I bought more than 100 euro worth.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tarrence0k

Does anyone have any information regarding Salesforce this month? Please share!

I seem to have this problem where I can't leave any substantial sum of cash sitting in my broker account.

Had exited some positions with the intent of sitting on the sideline for a while but today went and bought some Netflix and Square with the funds. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

DKNG and GAN having a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Sold off a lot of my stagnant shares that's hadn't been doing much recently (EXPE, VMW, UBER) and put about 75% in TDOC and the rest in Zillow. I've been trying to take a step back from some of the short term plays I had been going for at the start of the pandemic and now aiming towards a 2-3 year horizon now. I love that Teladoc are showing they're willing to go out and merge with/take over other businesses. Great potential for growth there. Got in yesterday at $184, well below it's recent high of $253 from a few weeks ago.

outonawing wrote: »

Thankfully! Well in the green now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

outonawing wrote: »

GAN could be in for a few big weeks, today’s bump was on New Jersey gambling laws, they’re announcing a new Tier 1 client soon, the CEO is making an appearance tonight, more states legalised online gambling, and PENN to announce results soon.

Thanks to the poster who alerted us to them a few months back.

Advertisement