Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why and when did skinny jeans become fashionable for men?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,963 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

D3V!L wrote: »
    I mentioned having leg muscles earlier on in the thread. Forgot to mention i also have size 13 feet. So skinny jeans would look quite silly on me.

Gawd yeah. Shur you're only massive. Skinny jeans look great with boots. The ankle hugs the boot so it flows well

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If you are sitting behind a desk all day and have pair of legs like something hanging out of nest then skinny jeans are for you

Don’t know anyone working any job remotely physical wearing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Back on my day we were happy with whatever fitted us from the black bag left down to is from the cousins.

The youth of today eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Do ppl realize the difference between stretchy jeans and skinny jeans. Skinny jeans combined with the no-socks look should be against the law but stretchy jeans on a guy with good legs - noice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Seamai wrote: »
    It's called conspicuous consumption, doesn't matter that it's ugly, they want everyone to know they can afford it.

If they go for that, they go for the Balenciaga 600 quid runners that are, at best, a knock off of 110 quid Nike. And probably have 40 quid clones. There's no design to any of that horrible crap; and if there was it was a quarter of the price or less.

I used to think my 90 quid DCs or Adidas runners were egregiously expensive. And thats probably why those brands are now doomed 30+ year old man brands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Same as us looking back at the flares, bell bottoms, mullets, etc, in a few years time they'll look at pictures of themselves and think "WTF was I wearing"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

L1011 wrote: »
    If they go for that, they go for the Balenciaga 600 quid runners that are, at best, a knock off of 110 quid Nike. And probably have 40 quid clones. There's no design to any of that horrible crap; and if there was it was a quarter of the price or less.

I used to think my 90 quid DCs or Adidas runners were egregiously expensive. And thats probably why those brands are now doomed 30+ year old man brands.

Adidas will always be cool

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Adidas will always be cool

*looks at username*

Yeah, they'll always be cool. And so will we, in our 30s... Forever... Forever... Forever... Forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Adidas is still trendy enough. Gazelles are quite oldie tho7h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I found a brand of chinos called "Racing Green" (not particularly expensive) which are definitely cut a bit tighter that what I was used to but they're not skinny either, like a lot of guys, when I find something that works for me I buy plenty of them, have them in 6 different colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,963 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Seamai wrote: »
    I found a brand of chinos called "Racing Green" (not particularly expensive) which are definitely cut a bit tighter that what I was used to but they're not skinny either, like a lot of guys, when I find something that works for me I buy plenty of them, have them in 6 different colours.

Racing green gear is nice. I was all decked out in racing green for my wedding and I wore the chinos to work and I've worn the jacket to loads of other events since.

They make skinny cut trousers because that's what's in fashion the moment. When the fashion changes, they'll change too.

People like Clarkson wear baggy jeans because his brand is anti change. He picked a style that was in fashion back in his day and sticks to it. It's stark relief to the fashion of right now which suits his brand.

Fashions come and go. Only a fool can't adapt like you adapted by finding slim cut chinos that are both in line with fashion and suit you.

Advertisement