Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, getting revved up or another week at the coalface. Checking work emails.
    Busy week ahead as usual and I have a draft research report to finish for Wednesday afternoon. Deadlines!!

Have a good week all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

At the desk, smiling at the picture Auto posted this morning (but also missing mo mhadra anois). This is going to be a light working week in comparison to the last few, so I'm taking it easy today. Also trying to get a bit of warmth back into my bones after the cycle into work this morning. Hope everyone is warm and happy!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Also trying to get a bit of warmth back into my bones after the cycle into work this morning. Hope everyone is warm and happy!

If anything I'm too warm someone left the heating on full whack over the weekend, it was scorching in here this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mondayside and workside. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home from a mates funeral.

It was my first time at a humanist funeral, and it was a wonderful way to see someone off. None of the religious bullsh*t & a priest casting spells over his flock of sheeple. It was absolutely wonderful.

RIP Wee Tony Paul.

Nothing planned for the rest of the day. I'm off my feet and can't run due to a stress fracture of my 5th metatarsal bone in my left foot, I've got 'swimmers shoulder' and have to rest that. Might take Richo to the beach.

Hope you're all good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Drinking coffee and waiting for the next leg of today's running around like a blue a**** fly. In black humour. I dont think 'my' house which I fell in love with without actually seeing, is available.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Shopping arrived in post but typical me I'm having a terrible pain day so not a whiff of excitement out of me, boo urns

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

In from planting plants (who would have thought :D) in the back garden.

They'll be dead in a week and I've probably killed the existing plants that came with the house in the process.

It would have been cheaper to hire diarmuid gavan at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bit cold to be doing Gardening Princess?!!

I am home now after a day's Corona virus emergency planning at work. Every one is in a panic which is giving me a right pain. 2 weeks isolation is still looking like an attractive option!

I'm a hardy princess :D

They've been sitting in the hall two weeks now due to the "storms". Not sure how to describe them, but they are rose trees with their roots in a plastic bag... Supposed to be planted outside within 24 hours of purchase.. I couldn't water them cos of the whole bare roots in plastic bag thing, so they had to go out or die, but they'll die anyway cos I'm useless :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I am home now after a day's Corona virus emergency planning at work. Every one is in a panic which is giving me a right pain. 2 weeks isolation is still looking like an attractive option!

2 asshole free weeks would suit me down to the ground right now.

Water your roses in well Princess and give them a spoon of used coffee grounds just the once. Rocket fuel for roses. They could very well be fine.

Drinking tea in a new mug which Im admiring but also thinking when you start caring what your teacup looks like, you're truly getting on a bit, ha. (Its a wobbly pink glazed pottery mug. Going to have to hand in my goth card soon.)

Also feeling like a complete c**t for speaking my mind bluntly which caused a big huff and silent treatment and I feel wrong whether or not I was.

Water your roses in well Princess and give them a spoon of used coffee grounds just the once. Rocket fuel for roses. They could very well be fine..

Yeah they got a good drowning and I'm pretty certain that the weather will also oblige me with watering :)

Thanks for the tip about coffee, never heard of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Horse dung.

Princess, your roses should be fine, it takes a lot to kill roses, sounds like they are bare root, so just make sure they get enough water and if the ground is wet then they shouldn't need watering.
    The horse dung if you can get some is mighty for them, also chicken dung fertiliser, you can get that in most agricultural stores.
    I've had dinner, just getting geared up for a walk with the doggies.

Horse dung.

Princess, your roses should be fine, it takes a lot to kill roses, .

Challenge accepted :D

Horse dung.

Princess, your roses should be fine, it takes a lot to kill roses, sounds like they are bare root, so just make sure they get enough water and if the ground is wet then they shouldn't need watering.
    The horse dung if you can get some is mighty for them, also chicken dung fertiliser, you can get that in most agricultural stores.
    I've had dinner, just getting geared up for a walk with the doggies.

My grandmother used to get a full tractor trailer load of manure tipped into a distant corner of her field, for free, to enrich her garden. From a nice farmer neighbour who probably thought it was funny. One man's manure....!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Switzerland banned gatherings of more than 1000 people due to corona, so an annual carnival was cancelled for only the 2nd time in 100 years, but no one appears to have told the Swiss people as they have partied all day, literally everyone is walking the streets with booze in hand. It’s a fun town :)

Went into a pub last night, 3rd visit there in my trips here. Once again there was a girl sitting at the back of the bar with her guy, she was dressed once again as a cat complete with a mask, this has nothing to do with the carnival as she was like this before.

Is this a thing? Do people do this for a reason?

Hmm. A Furry?
    Its a branch of bdsm lifestyles kind of thing...could be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Went into a pub last night, 3rd visit there in my trips here. Once again there was a girl sitting at the back of the bar with her guy, she was dressed once again as a cat complete with a mask, this has nothing to do with the carnival as she was like this before.

Is this a thing? Do people do this for a reason?

I dont know.

Did she look like

498595.jpg

Who I came across over the new year ?

( I wondered if it was some sort of cult / fashion brought on by 'Cats' )

I'm Homeside

• Advertisement

Hmm. A Furry?

:eek:

* runs away and hides *

She looked like this

She looked like this

:cool:

Dog would wait outside rather than go into a pub with that in it.

Much prefer my version ( ... she was a good sport :) ... )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ReneeCali

Hmm. A Furry?

You know about this sort of stuff :eek:...do tell? :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't be me anyway.......my cat costume is in the dry clea..............

I'm currently kitchen side waiting on a batch of washing to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Switzerland banned gatherings of more than 1000 people due to corona, so an annual carnival was cancelled for only the 2nd time in 100 years, but no one appears to have told the Swiss people as they have partied all day, literally everyone is walking the streets with booze in hand. It’s a fun town :)

The three crazy days...and you are right in the middle.😱😂

The official Fasnet is cancelled. But this will not prevent the alemannic swiss to party all night and day long till thursday. Take pictures because otherwise nobody will believe you.😁

From former years...

...and a bit for the cultural education.

Don’t forget to taste the onion soup...enjoy.🥳😳😂😂

Watching the dog watching the flames. Her ears are rotating as she listens to a breeze in the chimney.
    Renee, I must've read it somewhere, heh. ;)

Just couchside after a very long day,my gang are gone to a match just one upstairs playstationing,I'm wrecked...those cats are interesting ,might try it out and try to woo my fiance back.😛

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very very fatigued for no reason i can figure.. Furries and roses could make for an interesting night on here..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just couchside after a very long day,my gang are gone to a match just one upstairs playstationing,I'm wrecked...those cats are interesting ,might try it out and try to woo my fiance back.��

No harm in trying 😏😏

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement