Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

I hope your feeling better,get anything good from the doctor?heh

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Is that good? I don't do medication so I can't tell.

Is that good? I don't do medication so I can't tell.

Well it's good when you are in serious pain.
    What do you do? Crushed nettles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Ah well,better luck next time,heh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Holy crap that's some pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Any room in the inn?

Well it's good when you are in serious pain.
    What do you do? Crushed nettles?

I don't get headaches, backache or sore throats. I have not been in pain 5 times in 20 years (last child born)

I don't get headaches, backache or sore throats. I have not been in pain 5 times in 20 years (last child born)

You should work with horses and mules.Everyday is a pain day,heh.

I am sorry to know your in pain and hope the meds help and you get better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Deskside, soon to be homeward bound.
    Mountain of work in my desk after being out sick last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Samsgirl 😪😪 homeward bound now ive the song

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The wee clock I have a my bedside is 25 years old. And today it died.
    I need a decent period of mourning and reflection before adapting a new one.
    I had better tell the boss I will be late from now till Easter.

Just to say my dad was the same and he died at 60. I am not that far off 60 eeek!!!

The wee clock I have a my bedside is 25 years old. And today it died.
    I need a decent period of mourning and reflection before adapting a new one.
    I had better tell the boss I will be late from now till Easter.

Sorry for your loss,heh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Holy crap that's some pain

Wow some stretch for a double post!!

triona1 wrote: »
    Any room in the inn?

Welcome, you don't have to be mad to post here but it does help😛

Couchside, had a good Monday as Mondays go,I'm hungry but don't know what I want to eat,ate loads of fresh crusty bread and butter earlier so I'm not starving but still want something nice but can't decide.

Can someone give me a definitive answer on this...if you are claiming for overtime does splitting it over a few weeks result in paying the same amount of tax,people seem to have different opinions. Tia intelligent wherers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Agh, after a long day of waiting we had “GO GO GO”, to be replaced 5 minutes later by “STOP STOP STOP”, then we spent the next hour trying to get them to write down what they wanted us to do. Anyway that messing now gets me another 15 hours rest in wet and windy Basel.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Agh, after a long day of waiting we had “GO GO GO”, to be replaced 5 minutes later by “STOP STOP STOP”, then we spent the next hour trying to get them to write down what they wanted us to do. Anyway that messing now gets me another 15 hours rest in wet and windy Basel.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? And also just reading I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Thanks Redneck.

There comes a limit to sitting around cities waiting. But if I wasn’t in this city I would be in another one where I would be working everyday rather than sitting around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Can someone give me a definitive answer on this...if you are claiming for overtime does splitting it over a few weeks result in paying the same amount of tax,people seem to have different opinions. Tia intelligent wherers.

Would it not depend on what your basic is?

If basic + full overtime brings you into 52%

But basic + 1/2 overtime this month keeps you below threshold... It be worth splitting.

But then I think you can do your balancing statement at the end of year and any over payment will be refunded.

That said was there new paye rules introduced last year, where tax is continually calculated through the year?.... I'm on extended extended maternity leave... I can't bring myself to look at the legislation, sorry :)

Sorry that whole answer is not much use.

• Advertisement

Would it not depend on what your basic is?

If basic + full overtime brings you into 52%

But basic + 1/2 overtime this month keeps you below threshold... It be worth splitting.

But then I think you can do your balancing statement at the end of year and any over payment will be refunded.

That said was there new paye rules introduced last year, where tax is continually calculated through the year?.... I'm on extended extended maternity leave... I can't bring myself to look at the legislation, sorry :)

Sorry that whole answer is not much use.

I can't follow it up now tbh and everyone has an opinion but nothing definite, I remember a few years ago that you might get tax back for a week or 2 after a big payment of tax(or should I say bigger than the usual big lol) but that doesn't seem to happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Mmmmm Solpadol :D

Couchside after a nonstop day! A good Monday was had! Catch up on The Outsider now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You should work with horses and mules.Everyday is a pain day,heh.

We know whereto get our Cheltenham tips from anyway.

Homeside having some food.

Netflix later maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

They should sort you right out ! The vimovo are v good and ok on the tummy . Nice cocktail of pain blasters:)

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    We know whereto get our Cheltenham tips from anyway.

Homeside having some food.

Netflix later maybe

Netflix recommendations? I've run out of good shows to watch since Power is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Netflix recommendations? I've run out of good shows to watch since Power is over.

Same here, finished it over weekend.

Just started the newest It's Always Sunny In Philly , might watch a few more.

Inside No.9 is good too.

I absolutely loved Power,major crush on Tommy.

I absolutely loved Power,major crush on Tommy.

I liked Tommy as well, hoping he has his own series.

Welcome, you don't have to be mad to post here but it does help��

Couchside, had a good Monday as Mondays go,I'm hungry but don't know what I want to eat,ate loads of fresh crusty bread and butter earlier so I'm not starving but still want something nice but can't decide.

Sorry I can't help you, at the moment I work for a shady employer. I work 60+ hours a week and not paid overtime. Plus I am still on emergency tax with revenue and it's killing me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside feeling a bit blue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement