Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Had some seriously bizarre dreams last night and twice woke up convinced the beings in my dreams were actually in my room... weird..

I have Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine entertaining my ears this morning after seeing a post in another thread about their Woodstock 94 perfomance. It's nice to be reminded of great tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I am having palpitations today and feeling panicky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Any particular reasons KG ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh yikes *hugs*

I am floating. Floating in a cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, at work. Up to my eyeballs...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Umm something isn’t right :) they have 4 hours to fix it or I’m back to the hotel again 😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    Umm something isn’t right :) they have 4 hours to fix it or I’m back to the hotel again 😀

A loose left falangee?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dave Angel

I am floating. Floating in a cloud.

Please don't piss down on us. I've had enough of rain. And definitely don't poo... :pac:

4Ad wrote: »
    Any particular reasons KG ??

I don't really know. My mam has been in respite and I am back caring from today. Maybe that's it. Didn't feel it really but could be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work. But lets not be worrying about that.

Awaiting psych appointment, first one in a while. Please go easy on me new guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Fireside, sleepy. Got a bottle of organic wine for tonight, so long since I drank, I feel wary of it. Like it's a class A drug. Looking forward to my evening to myself.

Poo number two. I thought it was appropriate ye should know.

What's the story with Boards and it's backend server today... $hitting of a bed of 403 errors?!? :(

Dave Angel wrote: »
    Poo number two. I thought it was appropriate ye should know.

May be more suited to the "what's the etiquette here" thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Deskside dossing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cooking dinner looking out a very grey sky , full of rain at the moment .

Survived, yay!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at work, getting through the workload of the day, especially my input into an upcoming course review and strategy meeting. Only had one class to give today but a mountain of admin things to do. A few phone calls to make, updating class assignment schedules for the semester and then I am out of here...

The fact that it's now still bright until nearly 6pm is great - a real mood lifter! :)

• Advertisement

My arse has just met the couch and they shall spend the evening conjoined.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

College car park, in a queue waiting to get out of said car park. Meeting someone in town for dinner which should be nice, if I ever move from this one spot again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home from work, fed the machine and I'll go for a 1.5km swim at about 7pm.

Lovely stretch in the evenings now, can't wait for some decent open water swims soon. I took a dip after a 5k beach run during Storm Denis, it was glorious :)

Can't wait for summer, hope its a great one for us all :)

Listening to Radiohead's The Bends album while prepping dinner. Haven't listened to it in a long time. What a fooking great album.

Guess where I am ????

Basel Switzerland, we ran out of work hours before they fixed the machine.

Then had a funny discussion as I checked into a different hotel, went to a small room and straight back to reception to say that the room wasn’t a junior suite, “yes sir it is, you might be used to bigger rooms in the USA”, went back to the room again and made a video of the room, back downstairs where I got a “sorry Sir, we gave you 232 rather than 323”. Junior suites for one person is kinda an extravagance, but if the company is gonna pay for it, I’m gonna chase it.

I am doing my will. I must be getting old. Feels dead grownup to be doing my will.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Guess where I am ????

Basel Switzerland, we ran out of work hours before they fixed the machine.

Then had a funny discussion as I checked into a different hotel, went to a small room and straight back to reception to say that the room wasn’t a junior suite, “yes sir it is, you might be used to bigger rooms in the USA”, went back to the room again and made a video of the room, back downstairs where I got a “sorry Sir, we gave you 232 rather than 323”. Junior suites for one person is kinda an extravagance, but if the company is gonna pay for it, I’m gonna chase it.

If you get a cheaper room your company might save money :)

I've just seen a Boards love match thing in After Hours and I know nobody on it. I think they are people whose posts I thanked in pictures threads. It's bad enough not havin an actual fella but when you can't get a virtual reality one it's time to hang up the auld boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Just climbed into bed. Could hardly bother to take my boots off.
    Head's a whirlin', but not from alcohol. Hoping to sleep.well, badly need it.
    Smiling at the previous post about boots, crossposted at same time

• Advertisement

If you get a cheaper room your company might save money
    True, but there are other ways they can do that without impacting me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement