Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

The hotel kettle is a bit like Aladdin's lamp apparently. Switch them on and a banshee eminates from the steam. That's what I heard anyways....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think I read somewhere that there was semen got somewhere in a hotel kettle!
    :)

Well, that puts a different spin on cream in your coffee! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Well, that puts a different spin on cream in your coffee! :eek:

Cappuccino.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I think I read somewhere that some people boil eggs in hotel kettles......

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Olddog!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Fappuccino.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

gifted wrote: »
    Kitchen table wondering what happened with hotel kettles???
    cjmc wrote: »
    Can anyone link or tell me the problem with hotel kettles ? I'm worried now!
    Couchside wondering if I should launch a global campaign to rid the world of hotel room kettles. What's the problem with them?
    THE KETTLES FOLKS....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY....WHAT'S UP WITH HOTEL KETTLES???
    I promise I am trying to be as delicate as I can here but....
    While it's not normal for people staying in Irish hotels and presumably hotels all over the world to put bodily fluids in the kettles it is also not abnormal. If you're wondering which bodily fluid don't bother, it's any and all of them

Years before I read the thread here a bunch of us used to go to our local pub every Friday and one of our friends would join us later after her shift cleaning hotels and it wasn't uncommon for her to tell us of some disgusting stuff not just involving kettles. One particular story which I will not tell here is to this day one of the most revolting things I have ever heard of, it was so revolting to me that I put down the pint I was drinking and didn't touch another drop for the rest of the night because my stomach turned that much hearing the story.

We share this world with some absolute creeps! And NEVER drink anything that has been in a kettle in a hotel room. N E V E R !!!

You have to tell us now, Guy! What was the disgusting story?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Couch side. Washing on after my lovely week in the sun. Back to work tomorrow. Yuk.

:eek:^^^:eek:

So this explains the popularity of travel kettles then ?

This is a terrible shock ... I live a very sheltered life

• Advertisement

Absolutely not in this thread Leggy! You'll wish you didn't know! I wish I didn't know for fook sake!!

I swear I never did anything with one except make tea or coffee.
    But I always fill and boil and empty them before I then use it for either.

Maybe in a poem - nothing to explicit

Guy Person wrote: »
    Absolutely not in this thread Leggy! You'll wish you didn't know! I wish I didn't know for fook sake!!

TELL US! We can handle it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TELL US! We can handle it. :pac:

I'm saying nothing!

anewme wrote: »
    Couch side. Washing on after my lovely week in the sun. Back to work tomorrow. Yuk.
    No lads sorry but I won't do that to ye. Look I have already disgusted anewme and I like anewme! It will only get worse from here. Just don't use the kettles and move on with yer lives. Trust me.
    0lddog wrote: »
    Maybe in a poem - nothing to explicit
    Haha! No 0lddog, I don't think I have any poems in me at the moment but if I did I wouldn't use this topic for one.

anewme I am sorry to have disgusted you.

Ok Leggy I'll PM you and if anyone else REALLY REALLY wants to know then PM me at your own peril.

No lads sorry but I won't do that to ye. Look I have already disgusted anewme and I like anewme! It will only get worse from here. Just don't use the kettles and move on with yer lives. Trust me.

PM me then! I have a very strong stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

PM me then! I have a very strong stomach.

How's the other leg holding up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'm just thinking I had tea every morning from my hotel room last week and my faithfully packed Barry's tea bags.

Fingers in ears...la la la la la... cant hear you.

Without being too graphic, every single bodily function has been found in hotel kettles,I cannot unread what I read.Think about it lads and think about what people can be capable of,I also wouldn't dream of going barefoot on a hotel room carpet, I wouldn't use the bath unless I brought some kind of disinfectant spray...before anyone starts I'm not at all OCD or anything, my own house is testament to that but I know my house can be untidy but not dirty dirt.I always have my sleeve over my hand when using doors in toilets etc,I'm weird about where I'll eat out in restaurants and what I'll actually eat especially sandwiches. I really have a very weak stomach and even thinking about stuff makes me sick.

I'm not weird honestly ☺️

• Advertisement

Another thing I just remembered..never leave your toothbrush uncovered in a bathroom even in your own bathroom.

Imagine coming home from a weekend in a hotel and giving birth to a kettle 9 months later .😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭thomil

Imagine coming home from a weekend in a hotel and giving birth to a kettle 9 months later .��

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "small appliance" :eek:

I would have thought that nothing but the hardiest extremophiles could survive boiling water, but then again, it's not a pleasant thought either way.

Anyway, desk side with some nice relaxing tunes. Trying to get ready for Monday...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Another thing I just remembered..never leave your toothbrush uncovered in a bathroom even in your own bathroom.

Imagine coming home from a weekend in a hotel and giving birth to a kettle 9 months later .��
    Duvet you're so funny! Pissing myself here!

I live by myself and I don't even keep my own toothbrush in the bathroom. I have it in a cover in a different room. I am very finicky about germs though.

I really didn't envisage this whole conversation when I logged into Boards this evening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed with a headache ☹️

anewme wrote: »
    faithfully packed Barry's tea bags.

Sephers approves 👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭gifted

Without being too graphic, every single bodily function has been found in hotel kettles,I cannot unread what I read.Think about it lads and think about what people can be capable of,I also wouldn't dream of going barefoot on a hotel room carpet, I wouldn't use the bath unless I brought some kind of disinfectant spray...before anyone starts I'm not at all OCD or anything, my own house is testament to that but I know my house can be untidy but not dirty dirt.I always have my sleeve over my hand when using doors in toilets etc,I'm weird about where I'll eat out in restaurants and what I'll actually eat especially sandwiches. I really have a very weak stomach and even thinking about stuff makes me sick.

I'm not weird honestly ☺️

Disinfects hand and slips on blue hospital glove before drops hand on you ....lol lol

Duvet you're so funny! Pissing myself here!

I live by myself and I don't even keep my own toothbrush in the bathroom. I have it in a cover in a different room. I am very finicky about germs though.

I really didn't envisage this whole conversation when I logged into Boards this evening.

Guy, its turned into a rerun of a chapter of Bill Bryson's 'At Home'

I'm wondering if Smurf will take fright when he see this.

Should we ask Tedo & Sephers to redact this evening ?

Disinfects hand and slips on blue hospital glove before drops hand on you ....lol lol

And scrub your hands before making my sausage rolls 😛

Lying on my bed with a headache ☹️

Sephers approves ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

But God knows what was in the kettle! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭gifted

And scrub your hands before making my sausage rolls 😛

I'll even prune me furry dice lol lol

• Advertisement

I would have thought the mattresses and sheets would be the worst?
    Anyway next time I'm in a hotel I'll look at in a different light after this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement