Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Scrolling through dating apps, listening to a kerri chandler mix on my warmed up b&w speakers and yamaha amp via soundcloud.com
    Vaping and drinking tea

Could drive for 2 hours and have a night of passion with a stunning blonde in Kildare but im too tired and want to chll....

How times have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m in bed and I’m the happiest I’ve been all day. Doing an 11 hour shift while fairly hungover was such a struggle. Finally feeling a bit better but I still can’t stomach the idea of food

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

nthclare wrote:
    Could drive for 2 hours and have a night of passion with a stunning blonde in Kildare but im too tired and want to chll....

she's probably saying "tis a long, long way from clare to here". ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

8 cans down, watched some shyte on netflix, dreading Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Last Chance U on Netflix .
    Sometimes I think I watch the oddest of shows in the hope that I'll eventually doze off . Mindless tv to distract the brain from over thinking .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm only hitting the hay now. Had an afternoon nap that went in too long so I wasn't tired tonight.
    I have been engrossed in a whodunit mystery novel and am forcing myself to put it up now to go to sleep otherwise, I'll be out of sync tomorrow.
    I'm sick with a throat and chest combination too so tomorrow will be a rest day.
    Goodnight friends.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Alarm was set for 04:45 so I went to bed 7 hours before, got an email that work was cancelled so no need for alarms, and yet my body woke me up at that set time, so here I am on the balcony with the mutt and its still dark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Morning...
    Please coffee do your work.
    I'm going on a small journey but my hurr is between wavy and straight and I have to fix it first. And other things. I use to laugh at the "how long women take to get ready" jokes.
    Need to listen to something motivational. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Sat here with a doozy of a gutache and wondering whet thread we've been merged with...as long as it's not the Liverpool chat I'll be ok with it :D

Sat here with a doozy of a gutache and wondering whet thread we've been merged with...as long as it's not the Liverpool chat I'll be ok with it :D

You've give me an idea ......

There was a what are you doing this Saturday night thread, only a handful of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

Going to try and have a lie in but my body clock is getting used to waking up early :(

Woke about 6am,wired to the moon,just went to McDonald's for a coffee and back in the leaba with it,trying to hide it from my friend as couldn't be arsed carrying one back for her, shes awake and talking but buried under the bedclothes so hasn't noticed it yet.Great night last night but drank alot of gin and I think its making me hyper this morning. Of course I'll be stuck to my own bed Tuesday when I need to get up for work.

Huge mini bar here,I thought the stuff on the table was complimentary, just as well I didn't get stuck in,she's helping herself to water all night..guess who's card is paying for it lol.
    Bought very little yesterday, being kinda sensible but will go back and pick up stuff today that I was 'thinking about ',I'm just using my card for absolutely everything , afraid to check online banking as we did drink alot last night and bought all doubles.

Can't understand how I'm not hungover or even sicky,it will probably kick in later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning All!
    'Twas a fun but late one. Still and all the doggies are walked and the cats fed. Pinny on and going to blitz the house before heading into town for lunch. Have schoolwork winking at me on the desk ... it's Grandparents' Day this week and muggins here has booklets to make and a dance routine to a sweet Nat King Cole song to "compose" ... now wishing I had tuned into my creative side last night for that. I know the kiddies will knock it out of the park ... they always do. Definitely heading to Napland at some stage ... if unexpected visitors come a calling, my pet pooch will be entertaining them! Have a smiley Sunday, lovely Wherers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You've give me an idea ......

There was a what are you doing this Saturday night thread, only a handful of posts.

Did you ask if the other thread liked cats and Barry's, else......:eek:..... bans may fly

*not backseat modding* ;) :pac: :D

Deja Boo wrote:
    Did you ask if the other thread liked cats and Barry's, else...... ..... bans may fly

We needed more who dislike them.

Gotta have some perks to being a mod.

:pac:

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Did you ask if the other thread liked cats and Barry's, else......:eek:..... bans may fly

*not backseat modding* ;) :pac: :D

Well they seem to like their sausage rolls,gifted may have some stiff competition. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    We needed more who dislike them.

Gotta have some perks to being a mod.

:pac:

Tea cat says no :p
    ZcYgDde.jpg

Home. It's a horrible morning, wet & miserable. Trying persuade the dog he doesn't want a walk yet!

I'm definitely a dog person, but I also like cats....... Especially the big fluffy ones. In Finland people take their cats for a walk, on a lead. They're not allowed to wander

• Advertisement

FFS..my friend is up making a coffee (I wont use kettles in hotels anymore after reading a thread on here about them) but I haven't mentioned it to her,ignorance is bliss etc,she's just after spotting that once you move an item from the minibar its sensored and charged FFS,I of course had to pick loads up yesterday and put them back again, am I actually slow,should I know these things, why is everything so complicated or is it me...just read the forecast thread,wind ,snow and thunder tomorrow, I'll have to have more gin before the flight and that probably won't even do me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Duvet are you paying when you checkout? If you are then say it to the people at the desk. If you didn't drink/eat anything they shouldn't charge you. There is an old scam about them where people take the drinks out but fill the bottles with water and put them back, the cheeky gits! That's why the sensor even exists in the first place. And yes I tell everybody to never use hotel room kettles, I saw the thread you're talking about and a friend of mine worked in a hotel for years and I've heard some horror stories about them....
    Also try not to worry too much about money and weather. If you're paying for everything maybe have a conversation with your friend about that though. Enjoy the time away, you deserve this trip. Holidays are supposed to be about getting away from worries not adding to them! :)

Bedside, mildly hungover but pleased to see I won €55 doing online gambling last night. I took a chance and bet against the LA Lakers and it paid off for me. :D

EDIT: Also say it to the people at the desk today, don't wait until tomorrow. When you go down for breakfast or you're going out later tell them then so they sort it before it gets messy tomorrow. Enjoy the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Going for a walk with the dogs, then back for mass and off to see Longford play louth in the national league.
    That's my early and mid day all planned out, who knows what the evening will bring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Awake bright and early because there was a bull in a china shop crashing around the room at 5:30 this morning. Went to local shop for food and filled out the porridge but it was fuccccking Potato and leek soup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Carside, on the way to cork for a christening :) I slept like a log last night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table wondering what happened with hotel kettles???.... just back from junior parkrun with now very wet chicks.....lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home from walking Richo on Portmarnock beach.. Gonna rest before heading to Raheny for the Raheny 5 miler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside after my Sunday morning two mile walk, listening to Newstalk, lovely fresh Winter's day out there but the sky is looking ominous, anyway settled in for the day, bunch of Sunday newspapers to read, a few bets done on the racing and plenty of grub in the fridge for later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On the sofa watching the crown and coughing like mad. Can't shake this feckin cold/flu.

Went out to a mall earlier for some shopping and stocked up on supplies in case Wuhan gets us locked down. Was cooking and our stove blew up so now have food but no way if cooking. God I hate this apartment. Only a few more weeks til Vietnam so will suck it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Can anyone link or tell me the problem with hotel kettles ? I'm worried now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement