Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hello darkness my old friend ..

Apt song for here tonight .

ETA ,

Disturbed's version of the song is absolutely brilliant imo , worth a listen .

Disturbeds version is one of the most amazing covers ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching a programme for Holocaust Sunday. Heart-breaking and it never fails to make me ponder how we so-called civilised people can be so cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Only a few more weeks til Vietnam so will suck it up
    Explain more to us nosey individuals, vacation or moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Heart-breaking and it never fails to make me ponder how we so-called civilised people can be so cruel.
    And yet we never learn from history and keep repeating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

At Airport waiting for flight home. Feeling virtuous as I’m having Wagamama's rather than a big dirty beef burger, but having wine to go with it... well it's still the weekend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Disturbeds version is one of the most amazing covers ever.

I think so too , such a powerful voice , coupled with the lyrics , really catches you imo .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I think so too , such a powerful voice , coupled with the lyrics , really catches you imo .

Will check it out Mam.
    It’s probably been done before but that would be a good thread, covers better than the original.
    For me it’s Placebo's Running up that Hill, closely followed by Roxy Music's Jealous Guy and Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares 2U...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

smurfjed wrote: »
    Explain more to us nosey individuals, vacation or moving?

Holiday. But who knows. Am really fed up in this apartment and feeling restless in other ways.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Will check it out Mam.
    It’s probably been done before but that would be a good thread, covers better than the original.
    For me it’s Placebo's Running up that Hill, closely followed by Roxy Music's Jealous Guy and Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares 2U...

Tori Amos doing Love Song by the cure and John Mayer covering Tom Petty's Free Fallin are 2 of my faves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside again after a drive and a little stroll up to a local beauty spot. Such a nice day, cold but sunny, nice to get some fresh air to clear the head :)

Witchie wrote: »
    . Only a few more weeks til Vietnam so will suck it up.

God, I loved Vietnam!
    There talk of returning this year........

• Advertisement

Barside at the hotel, shopped from 11 to 5pm as that's the Sunday opening times here,all I can say is that if the plane goes down it won't be weather related, hard to believe that we only did 4 shops in all that time but I'm sure some of the girls on here can relate, didn't drop the bags to the room first as I was parched and people are definitely eyeing up all the bags.Italian beer here and it is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Nah, not for me . I just had another listen to it in case I had missed it before but not a patch on the original. Just another cover , I think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I put washing from basket into washing machine and switched it on, that's enough housework now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

back home in tipp, had a long but good day in cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching a programme for Holocaust Sunday. Heart-breaking and it never fails to make me ponder how we so-called civilised people can be so cruel.

I've found myself getting upset by programmes like that these last few years. I think it's because I realised that WWII wasn't in the distant distant past. It ended about 30 years before I was born which as Ive realised as I got older isn't that long really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

It's my godson's first b'day in a fortnight...went shopping today and spent €200 on clothes for him...... Rein it in Panda, rein it in!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

cjmc wrote: »
    I've found myself getting upset by programmes like that these last few years. I think it's because I realised that WWII wasn't in the distant distant past. It ended about 30 years before I was born which as Ive realised as I got older isn't that long really

Genealogy does that to me, can't fathom how people got on with such tragedy... Currently researching survivor accounts of the Titanic - upsetting to imagine the circumstances and suffering on that fateful night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside wondering if I should launch a global campaign to rid the world of hotel room kettles. What's the problem with them?

What did you buy, Duvet? I'd love a big shopping spree.

cjmc wrote: »
    Nah, not for me . I just had another listen to it in case I had missed it before but not a patch on the original. Just another cover , I think

You're wrong !

Geez no , I'm only joking CJMC , I know it's not everyone's cup of tea tbh :)

Coffee and a piece of Rocky Road/Chocolate Biscuit cake , whatever it's called here now , daughter made it and it's soo good .
    Cholesterol tablet needed...

You've encapsulated it perfectly above. The lyrics are so strong and resonate even more poignantly through his voice than Simon's original.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*peeks in*

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mam listening to Disturbed as my head in a muddle, I recommend Breaking Benjamin ;)

I'm now Couchside watching Dancing on ice and chatting with my favourite man :)

Couchside wondering if I should launch a global campaign to rid the world of hotel room kettles. What's the problem with them?

What did you buy, Duvet? I'd love a big shopping spree.

Majority in Topshop ,a fab teddy (Tedo 😂) coat,a short jacket, and 3 pairs of jeans ,boots (doc style)in Office and another pair of jeans in Debenhams (quiz ones)..thanks for asking was dying to tell ye lol.

Still barside, had dinner here also as too wrecked to head back out..one more 😂

Sam Hain wrote: »
    You've encapsulated it perfectly above. The lyrics are so strong and resonate even more poignantly through his voice than Simon's original.

No , I didn't , but you just have :)

Auto , you'd be surprised what music I listen to lol !
    Enjoy the chat :)

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Will check it out Mam.

The latter two for sure. But as much I love Placebos version of Running up that hill, I adore Kate Bush's voice so much that the original cannot be topped. They did come close though. Others who did amazing jobs with covers, are Jeff Buckleys "hallelujah", Johnny Cash "Hurt" and possibly controversially I really rate Antony and the Johnsons version of "crazy in love"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Up in the big smoke for three nights. Work related. I'd rather not be but sure has to be done. I'm staying away from the kettle...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Autosport wrote: »
    Dancing on ice
    Chilling stuff is ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Majority in Topshop ,a fab teddy (Tedo 😂) coat,a short jacket, and 3 pairs of jeans ,boots (doc style)in Office and another pair of jeans in Debenhams (quiz ones)..thanks for asking was dying to tell ye lol.

Still barside, had dinner here also as too wrecked to head back out..one more 😂

Oooh, I'm jelly! That's an impressive haul, you'll need a few stiff drinks to recover.

And the kettles? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭gifted

Oooh, I'm jelly! That's an impressive haul, you'll need a few stiff drinks to recover.

And the kettles? :D

THE KETTLES FOLKS....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY....WHAT'S UP WITH HOTEL KETTLES???...

have to put my own kettle now after all that shouting lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I think I read somewhere that there was semen got somewhere in a hotel kettle!
    :) -
    Longford got off to a win.
    Offf to play darts and a pint or two now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement