Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is a thread about the 2020 Six Nations, formerly the Five Nations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Fantastic game!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

They won’t show it again but Biggar went for a cheap shot on whomever kicked out for the French, Serin or the replacement 10

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Tackler didn’t release Tompkins which allowed that Jackal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

What a result. Vivé Lé France.

AWJ still complaining about the scrum.

This really is unbecoming even for the Welsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Delighted to see the Welsh get stuffed!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

razorblunt wrote: »
    They won’t show it again but Biggar went for a cheap shot on whomever kicked out for the French, Serin or the replacement 10
    Looking back, it was more of a push than a cheap shot
    None the less, game was over he should be nowhere near him.

Looking back, it was more of a push than a cheap shot
    None the less, game was over he should be nowhere near him.

Yeah, he went straight at him though. Cheap push more than a cheap shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

What a result. Vivé Lé France.

A great result for France certainly, and I think anyone who loves this game will love to see that team playing like the French of old.

However for me Wales should have won that. They created more than enough chances but they butchered them. I also believe they were robbed of a penalty try at the end. But even so, they were the architects of their own downfall.

I think this is a terrible result for Ireland in just about every way. Even assuming we get through England (who are clear favourites imo) we will have to travel to Paris to play a resurgent French team who now have serious momentum and are playing with confidence and panache.

I don't like our chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

mangobob wrote: »
    A great result for France certainly, and I think anyone who loves this game will love to see that team playing like the French of old.

However for me Wales should have won that. They created more than enough chances but they butchered them. I also believe they were robbed of a penalty try - or a try at the very least - at the end. But even so, they were the architects of their own downfall.

I think this is a terrible result for Ireland in just about every way. Even assuming we get through England (who are clear favourites imo) we will have to travel to Paris to play a resurgent French team who now have serious momentum and are playing with confidence and panache.

I don't like our chances.

Could be epic though. Gotta win tomorrow first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Even though France won this match today. It is not a BP win. Ireland could have a chance here to overtake them on the table when they play England tomorrow. It could be a great advantage for AF because his Ireland side is playing against a under-performing England side from Jones.

But still Le Bleu have won today. And it was the sweetest result you could ask for. Well done France.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Welsh coach in the post match interview continuing with the Welsh coach tradition of whinging about the on field decisions to blame towards their loss.

Cheka is a good analyst though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭OldRio

Pivac winging about the scrum. Sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

I think Ireland can suffocate them with some discipline. A lot of silly offloads from Wales, and some suicidal passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

OldRio wrote: »
    Pivac winging about the scrum. Sweet.

It's very telling that this is the second game they've openly complained about the refereeing of the scrum. Makes you think they know it's a big area of weakness for them and are trying to creative a different narrative.

Wales are in trouble.

They weren't able to physically match France, they weren't able to outwork them over the 80.

France definitely better but I'm not sure whether it's their improvement or just how abject Wales were that is the story here.

Wales had a lot of experience on the pitch but couldn't adapt to the French game plan. That's an older team and I question what they have coming up to fill in the obvious gaps in quality across their 23.

Pivac on the back foot now, needs to put Scotland away and have a good showing against England.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Wales are a good side with absolutely no depth if a few names are missing. With awful regional sides and poor underage teams of late it’ll be interesting to see how Pivac goes about widening his player base

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭OldRio

Clegg wrote: »
    It's very telling that this is the second game they've openly complained about the refereeing of the scrum. Makes you think they know it's a big area of weakness for them and are trying to creative a different narrative.

Agree and it looks as though they have shot themselves in the foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Pivac on the back foot now, needs to put Scotland away and have a good showing against England.

They would have to have their worst performance to allow that dreadful Scottish side beat them.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Fair play to France! A total reboot for the squad and going with youth. Not perfect , but certainly going in the right direction. Ntamak is bloody good! He's been the best 10 this far. Aldritt is also class. France are unearthing some gems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Teddy tomas could be the new French mascot. A prancing cock

Lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

mangobob wrote: »

Surely it's better that they play clear favourites and resurgent teams than not?

It might not win them the tournament but they'll be under no illusions about where they are in the pecking order.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I always find games involving Wales brings out the hypocrisy in this forum. All the barbs thrown Wales way, I have no doubt Welsh fans think the same of Ireland. Petulant Biggar => stroppy sexton. Blaming the ref => joe Schmidt and RWC loss to japan. And so on. Just saying, but there is no doubt the Celtic cousins are the most detested. I suppose like Aussie and NZ.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I always find games involving Wales brings out the hypocrisy in this forum. All the barbs thrown Wales way, I have no doubt Welsh fans think the same of Ireland. Petulant Biggar => stroppy sexton. Blaming the ref => joe Schmidt and RWC loss to japan. And so on. Just saying, but there is no doubt the Celtic cousins are the most detested. I suppose like Aussie and NZ.

Hypocrisy on a sports forum - OH THE HUMANITY

Pick a country. Go to the most popular rugby forum. Observe hypocrisy.

Feeling the need to point out the obvious is the bigger story here swiwi, I thought we were friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I always shout for Wales in any game, bar against us.... most people used to do so ...
    But I think that all changed when Gatland went to Wales, there was a definite cooling in relations then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Wales were particularly bad yesterday though. Forgetting Biggar moaning at the ref etc, as the game wore on the players were getting salty at the breakdown and there was petulant moments all over the place - seemed to be a scuffle with a French player every minute or two that the ref and his touch judges failed to address - because they were losing their heads. What you are saying is true in the abstract, but in a vacuum that was particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Do you think any reasonable number of people on this forum agree with Schmidt that the ref was responsible for the loss against Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

They’ve become our biggest rival. We always want to beat England and want them to lose but when we play Wales things seem to ramp up on the competitive side. Reckon it started with Gatland taking over after getting “shafted” by the IRFU.

I actually thought Biggar had a point complaining about the french lad blocking his “drop out”. The guy moved in front of him and put his hands in the air.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Do you think any reasonable number of people on this forum agree with Schmidt that the ref was responsible for the loss against Japan?

No not Schmidt just a poor rugby team. Irl has never gotten past 8th place in a 9 team "world cup" tournament. So what's the excuse for all the other failures.
    I watched Italy v Scotland yesterday and the standard of rugby was atrocious. It's not a 6 nations tournament. At best 4 teams should be competing, the other two are 2nd rate.

Advertisement