Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Should I or should I not go for L62

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

peposhi wrote: »
    I’d certainly love to manage to get a lower the price, but don’t see it happening... rang two other dealers I’ve dealt with in the past. Will see what they’ll say

Have u tried new Zoe, e208 , eCorsa?

Very little difference in range between those 3 and Leaf62, but €10,000+ in price

They are not as big as Leaf, but 208 is as big inside as Kona in my expensive

Paying list price of €42,000 for Leaf62 is insanity

BMW now doing a 184bhp, 33kWh, liquid cooled mini cooper for €27,000 and Bank of VW will have €499 per month pcp deals on ID3 next year

Unkel is right Leaf62 will depreciate like mad, competition is coming and Tesla will have to behave a traditional car company in Europe when bank of VW hits

They wont be able to sell Dacia spec 50kWh SR+ for €49,000 for long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

In your situation with family etc I would sell the 24kWh Leaf, keep the 30kWh Leaf and get a 19 Ioniq in the UK

You might be able to do that for 10k or so and 24kWh Leaf to Ioniq is a massive change

Big warranty on the Ioniq, not going to depreciate massively and it charges fast

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I’d certainly love to manage to get a lower the price, but don’t see it happening... rang two other dealers I’ve dealt with in the past. Will see what they’ll say

It seems to me that they are offering you list price for the car, i.e. no discount, hence not a good deal.

They will really want to sell you that car. You need to bargain harder.

If you were trading in a banger for scrappage they'd be giving you €3500 off the price, no questions asked. I'd be calling them and throwing in a few "I dont know, its too expensive..." comments and start talking about e208 prices etc etc... just complain about the price... they'll move.

Cars like the e208 have a WLTP range of 340km so not that far off what the L62 has at 385km and importantly they will charge faster than the L62 so on a long journey the e208, Corsa etc will probably get you there faster. And there's the price.... for the spec you are after the e208 is nearly €10k cheaper.

Any reason you'd rule out the likes of an e208.... too small, doesnt fit family needs etc?

I just think the L62 is way over priced and will find itself under price pressure within 12 months (e208, Corsa-e, ID.3, elBorn etc etc) and by the time you go to trade it it will have suffered considerably price wise. Nissan are having a laugh with the price. Dont do it, I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

KCross wrote: »
    It seems to me that they are offering you list price for the car, i.e. no discount, hence not a good deal.

I agree with KCross. I would go for the SV Premium model at €37,840. Generally, you get a better price selling the old car yourself, but if they offer you 16k for L30 then that might be an acceptable reduction.

To finance the rest sounds really expensive unless the APR is really low. The APR is very flexible for the smaller Nissan dealers.

In short, the SV premium for 35k, 36k max, compensated by discount on the purchase or higher than market price on the L30. If you sell the L30 yourself, then they will apply a discount to the cost price instead.

It is unfortunate, however, that there is no-one here who can tell what it is like to own. However, it should be exactly like an 2019 L40 with slightly decreased handling due to that extra weight when going into corners.

It is a generally polished car, that gets slated because of the price, new competition, and the absence of thermal management in hotter climes. Probably a quieter ride than the eNiro, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Will the extra range be truly beneficial, or just good to have. Know why you want it and go from there.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,100 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Will the extra range be truly beneficial, or just good to have. Know why you want it and go from there.

+1

Might get a much better deal on new or second hand Leaf 40. 170km motorway in summer vs 255km in Leaf 62.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Joseph SEE

It’s been a long, good journey for our 2 BEV family and I think it’s time to upgrade. A bit.
    I was given a good trade-in price for our L30 and an offer to go for L62. Finance is just been looked at, probably by Thursday I will know if it’s a yes or no.
    If it’s a no - I’m no going to lose sleep over it as we still have our super reliable old (if there’s such thing yet) Leafs...
    If it’s a yes - then decision is in the air...

I’d love to hear your opinions (especially if you own an L62)
    So, please, convince me (or not) 😂

(Rapidgate does not bother or concern me whatsoever, so, please, keep the subject away from discussing)

Apparently, there's a new version about to be introduced in Japan with improved Propilot. That could be a consideration to wait.a bit.

Another is that range degradation on the Leaf is typically worse than other EVs. Actively cooled batteries perform better with liquid cooled performing best. Soul EV with the much larger 64kWh usable (67kWh total) is worth a serious consideration.

Any of the 64kWh triplets would be a better buy, with the eSoul the best value for money. Much better range than L62, faster charging, CCS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Somehow my thread was posted twice and I have two threads with the same name.
    Could a mod join them, please?

I bit of both, more of the first.
    Also I’ve gone too comfortable with the EV being charged at home and now I prefer not to waste time on slow or fast chargers elsewhere

• Advertisement

Joseph SEE wrote: »
    Apparently, there's a new version about to be introduced in Japan with improved Propilot. That could be a consideration to wait.a bit.

Another is that range degradation on the Leaf is typically worse than other EVs. Actively cooled batteries perform better with liquid cooled performing best. Soul EV with the much larger 64kWh usable (67kWh total) is worth a serious consideration.

It would not be that bad compared to the rest. Worst case scenario even if you lose 20% on a 62kwh battery over 5-8 years - still a good bit left in it (at least time and a half more than my current one)

unkel wrote: »
    Any of the 64kWh triplets would be a better buy, with the eSoul the best value for money. Much better range than L62, faster charging, CCS

Hyundai would offer only 11k form my car + I am not a fan of Kona, Ioniq is likeable, not a wantable car for me.

Kia - Z-eRO-Nero availability even though it is a nice car. E-soul - probably the best of all crop. Will see what trade in I will be given...

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Have u tried new Zoe, e208 , eCorsa?

Very little difference in range between those 3 and Leaf62, but €10,000+ in price

They are not as big as Leaf, but 208 is as big inside as Kona in my expensive

Paying list price of €42,000 for Leaf62 is insanity

BMW now doing a 184bhp, 33kWh, liquid cooled mini cooper for €27,000 and Bank of VW will have €499 per month pcp deals on ID3 next year

Unkel is right Leaf62 will depreciate like mad, competition is coming and Tesla will have to behave a traditional car company in Europe when bank of VW hits

They wont be able to sell Dacia spec 50kWh SR+ for €49,000 for long

Would never go for Zoe, the 208 is cool but not me,ID3, Mini Cooper -same

The only cars that are really on my list are L62, Soul and M3 with the latest - our of reach... so it’s down to two

If you were trading in a banger for scrappage they'd be giving you €3500 off the price, no questions asked. I'd be calling them and throwing in a few "I dont know, its too expensive..." comments and start talking about e208 prices etc etc... just complain about the price... they'll move.

Cars like the e208 have a WLTP range of 340km so not that far off what the L62 has at 385km and importantly they will charge faster than the L62 so on a long journey the e208, Corsa etc will probably get you there faster. And there's the price.... for the spec you are after the e208 is nearly €10k cheaper.

Any reason you'd rule out the likes of an e208.... too small, doesnt fit family needs etc?

I just think the L62 is way over priced and will find itself under price pressure within 12 months (e208, Corsa-e, ID.3, elBorn etc etc) and by the time you go to trade it it will have suffered considerably price wise. Nissan are having a laugh with the price. Dont do it, I say!

Got a call from a second dealer 13.5k for my car + 28k to change 😬 it’s getting worse

I hear you... perhaps I’d need to rethink. I still have set my heart on the L62 but will consider other options...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Got a call from a second dealer 13.5k for my car + 28k to change �� it’s getting worse

Try a different dealer and get a quote based on no trade-in and even suggest that you have a scrappage car and see what prices you get?

It will be more hassle but you are probably talking about €000s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Joseph SEE

It would not be that bad compared to the rest. Worst case scenario even if you lose 20% on a 62kwh battery over 5-8 years - still a good bit left in it (at least time and a half more than my current one)

According to Geotab's data, the difference between the 2017 Soul and 2017 Leaf is stark. After 2 years and 8 months the Soul had 98.8 per cent capacity. The Leaf had 94.7 per cent over the same period of time.

As the largest degradation is seen in the first year the Soul should have over 90 per cent capacity over 10 years (maybe even 95%). The Leaf will likely suffer at least twice the degradation.

https://storage.googleapis.com/geotab-sandbox/ev-battery-degradation/index.html

Geotab is a fleet management company.

The only cars that are really on my list are L62, Soul and M3 with the latest - our of reach...

What makes you think that? It might be 6-7k more to buy, but it will keep its value far better, most likely lower depreciation in absolute terms. It is also far more efficient, so will cost less to run (although this is barely if at all material) . Thus lower total cost of ownership. Battery is far superior and so is charging speed.

Time to revisit your sums...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ha ha, have you not got our hint, Model 3!!!!!!!
    Make it work!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

All variants of the Leaf to come down by ~€2000 apparently - https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/nissan-reduces-leaf-pricing-and-adds-more-standard-kit

Explaining the price drop, Nissan cited “economies of scale” made possible by increased production allocation for the Leaf at its Sunderland plant. It added that the cut “puts the Leaf in the heart of its rivals in terms of price point and makes it much more competitive”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

If the leaf 62 comes down in price by at least 3 - 4k it might have a chance. Even the leaf 40 coming down by 2k would make it more appealing regardless of rapidgate and chademo

slave1 wrote: »
    Ha ha, have you not got our hint, Model 3!!!!!!!
    Make it work!

I'd be killed by my Better Half if I go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I have always worked on the theory that it's better to ask for absolution than seek permission. Just sayin'. :D

Zenith74 wrote: »
    All variants of the Leaf to come down by ~€2000 apparently - https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/nissan-reduces-leaf-pricing-and-adds-more-standard-kit

Explaining the price drop, Nissan cited “economies of scale” made possible by increased production allocation for the Leaf at its Sunderland plant. It added that the cut “puts the Leaf in the heart of its rivals in terms of price point and makes it much more competitive”.

Thank you for that.
    I will certainly be asking Qs

I have always worked on the theory that it's better to ask for absolution than seek permission. Just sayin'. :D

:D

Two dealers have come closer to each other's offer. Probably now it's gonna be who'd throw more free-bees in...
    Sent them the link above to see what they'll say...

Why? It seems like the more sensible choice. Most likely lower total cost of ownership. And a more desirable car that is a hoot to drive. Looks like a win-win situation to me for anyone ready to spend >40k (including trade-in) on an EV who doesn't require a hatchback form factor

• Registered Users Posts: 33,799 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The thread should have been called I'm buying a new leaf.

Discuss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

just do what I did.........arrive home with it!!!

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    just do what I did.........arrive home with it!!!

Ha... I may well do that :D:D:D

Listermint, probably I was more looking for reasons NOT to buy :)
    The more I think, read, write about it though the less reasoning I see :eek:

Advertisement