Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Should I or should I not go for L62

Options
  • 17-12-2019 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

It’s been a long, good journey for our 2 BEV family and I think it’s time to upgrade. A bit.
    I was given a good trade-in price for our L30 and an offer to go for L62. Finance is just been looked at, probably by Thursday I will know if it’s a yes or no.
    If it’s a no - I’m no going to lose sleep over it as we still have our super reliable old (if there’s such thing yet) Leafs...
    If it’s a yes - then decision is in the air...

I’d love to hear your opinions (especially if you own an L62)
    So, please, convince me (or not) 😂

(Rapidgate does not bother or concern me whatsoever, so, please, keep the subject away from discussing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,162 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You know the Leaf and its shortcomings, it suits you and you're happy with it. So by all means, upgrade if you get a good deal!

L62 is EUR34k (base), which is decent value. What Leaf are you trading in and how much is the cost to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

unkel wrote: »
    You know the Leaf and its shortcomings, it suits you and you're happy with it. So by all means, upgrade if you get a good deal!

L62 is EUR34k (base), which is decent value. What Leaf are you trading in and how much is the cost to change?

Trading L30 SVE for €14750 (bear in mind it has a few small scratches and dents on) for an L62 SVE. They are looking for nearly 27k to change. Some people probably think I’m mad... including my dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I have a Leaf 30 kWh - going great. Personally i would wait, save a bit more and get a Model 3 (If it suited your lifestyle..)

M3 SR3 = €47,840
    Sell Leaf - say €13,500

Cost to upgrade = just over €34k

7k for a much better car 9(imo)

** I wouldn't take out a €34k loan though - save up a bit more :) **

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Crazy to even countenance an L62.
    So many better, CCS equipped options out there that don't have rapidgate or enhanced degradation.

Your dad is right, 27k to go up 3 years to a newer version of the same econobox car and have 100km more motorway range looks like poor value to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

peposhi wrote: »
    Trading L30 SVE for €14750 (bear in mind it has a few small scratches and dents on) for an L62 SVE. They are looking for nearly 27k to change. Some people probably think I’m mad... including my dad.

a few small dents and scratches are a few hundred quid to fix, dont use them as a reason for spending 10s of thousands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭Soarer

I know these types of thoughts. Have had oodles of them myself previously.

You know you've already got your mind made up.
    You know if the finance comes in, you're gonna swap.
    And you're just here in the hopes that people will concur with your thinking.

Best of luck with your new L62! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

ELM327 wrote: »
    Crazy to even countenance an L62.
    So many better, CCS equipped options out there that don't have rapidgate or enhanced degradation.

I'll be in a similar buying situation to the OP soon enough and I was also thinking of going for the Leaf (although in my case it will be my first electric car). Out of interest, what EVs would you recommend for someone on a 40k budget? Thanks

pjdarcy wrote: »
    I'll be in a similar buying situation to the OP soon enough and I was also thinking of going for the Leaf (although in my case it will be my first electric car). Out of interest, what EVs would you recommend for someone on a 40k budget? Thanks
    Kona, E Soul, E Niro, or save 7k and get a model 3 sr+

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I was in similar position earlier in the year, when you ignore features like car looks/assisted driving etc and look purely at range then all of a sudden you're looking at €27k for let's say a doubling in range.
    For €27k you could buy two L30's (not that you'd want to but you get my drift).
    From a range perspective it's mad money so that's why I decided to stick with my L30 as it fulfils my commute with plenty to spare even in this weather and still enough for a few dips in and around town in the evenings...

If however your decision criteria is outside range then there's only one option and that's skip the L62 and make the money work for a Model 3, once you sit into it and drive it away the endorphins will kick in

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    I know these types of thoughts. Have had oodles of them myself previously.

You know you've already got your mind made up.
    You know if the finance comes in, you're gonna swap.
    And you're just here in the hopes that people will concur with your thinking.

Best of luck with your new L62! ;)

LOL

Spot on hahaha

It might well be soon...

Cyrus wrote: »
    a few small dents and scratches are a few hundred quid to fix, dont use them as a reason for spending 10s of thousands :)

It’s not the dents and scratches that made me think of changing the car. It also has nothing to do the 2020 reg hype.
    It’s the range that gets me caught up twice in a bother already. Last night I rolled in the drive way in a turtle 🢠mode... it was pretty stressful a few hundred metres going back home with a limited power.

The second EV we have is with a smaller battery - so it would be harder and harder to do longer journeys with either car.

I’d say it has lots to do with me getting too comfortable after so many years of driving EV and wanting to cut the time spend on chargers (the charging for charging is something I fully support so it’s not the few bobs I’d spend on using one)

And yes - the look of the L40/L62 is way much nicer than the old Leaf...

If you really must have the L62 (any reason you're not aiming a few grand higher for the Tesla Model 3, apart from it not being a hatchback?), maybe try trade in your older L24 + 25k cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You say you don't care about rapid gate but basic cooling is surely a prerequisite for a 2020 electric car.
    If you love the leaf go for it, the range will be a great anxiety reliever. But it's basically the same car with revamped looks and a bigger battery.

I'd just look at all options.

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I have a Leaf 30 kWh - going great. Personally i would wait, save a bit more and get a Model 3 (If it suited your lifestyle..)

M3 SR3 = €47,840
    Sell Leaf - say €13,500

Cost to upgrade = just over €34k

7k for a much better car 9(imo)

** I wouldn't take out a €34k loan though - save up a bit more :) **
    I’d love to go for an M3.
    But:
    €34k - can’t get that high loan unless I clear one of the mortgages or home Reno loan.
    While I think Tesla is doing an amazing job, I am still not a Tesla man (that may change if I sit in an MY lol)
    Only 1 service centre in the country to call - a bit iffy about that.

The thing is my cars value will drop more next year so I’d need to provide more finance cover the difference... no matter what EVs with a decent range are out there.

If you really must have the L62 (any reason you're not aiming a few grand higher for the Tesla Model 3, apart from it not being a hatchback?), maybe try trade in your older L24 + 25k cash?

27k would be my max currently to finance (will know for sure this week though)

I certainly want the SVE spec and the L24SVE (which was valued at only €11k) and available finance would not get me to L62SVE.

JPA wrote: »
    You say you don't care about rapid gate but basic cooling is surely a prerequisite for a 2020 electric car.
    If you love the leaf go for it, the range will be a great anxiety reliever. But it's basically the same car with revamped looks and a bigger battery.

I'd just look at all options.

I’m not going to rush it.
    I am open to other options too...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,840 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Maybe I'm missing something here. But 34k for the l62 finance of 27k and you've a 14k car worth currently.

Am I wrong in thinking your trade in value is abysmal?

listermint wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here. But 34k for the l62 finance of 27k and you've a 14k car worth currently.

Am I wrong in thinking your trade in value is abysmal?

My L30 + 27
    Or
    My L24 + 31 (not going to happen)
    Would get me
    L62SVE
    That’s the best deal I’ve gotten so far.
    My L30 has 80k km on it and is in a good nick.
    No way I’d get 16-17k for it even if I polish it with a gold sand. I think 14750 is fair enough trade-in price. I would be getting the Suppaguard FOC and will ask also for all rubber toys for the car - mudflaps, boot tray, floor mats, possibly windbreakers...

IThe thing is my cars value will drop more next year

Nowhere near as much as a new L62 SVE will drop in a year. Close to EUR10k

• Advertisement

You reckon it’ll drop that much?
    L40 hasn’t lost much retail price unless second hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭KCross

listermint wrote: »

The €34k is for the entry level L62, not the SVE, and that price is after scrappage which peposhi isnt doing either.

Its the L62 SVE price you need to look at.

You reckon it’ll drop that much?
    L40 hasn’t lost much retail price unless second hand...
    Yes I agree with Unkel.

Nissan can charge what they like now as they are the first to market without having to limit supply
    Next year this will not be the same thing and there will be much better cars available. Who would pay 35k for a l62 when you can buy a kona/niro/soul for the same money, or an ID3/Model 3 for a few k extra

I’d be very happy to hear of actual L62 owners sharing their real life range here.
    I’d expect with my driving style to do 300km approx in any conditions (without zipping it on the motorway)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

I’d be very happy to hear of actual L62 owners sharing their real life range here.
    I’d expect with my driving style to do 300km approx in any conditions (without zipping it on the motorway)

Review from done deal on the L62 they are quoting real world range of 300km

https://youtu.be/1G7sx18Sp6I

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    Review from done deal on the L62 they are quoting real world range of 300km

https://youtu.be/1G7sx18Sp6I

Thank you

I think Nyland got 255km at 120km/h in good weather

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

There aren't any, unfortunately. There are two that post regularly on speakev but they are not tech-minded.

Personally, I would go for it but with more haggling and another 2k off. However, the 64kwh eniro is better but waits of several months. Model 3 is the dream, but I am in the wrong industry...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,238 ✭✭✭✭Water John

OH has gone from L30 to Kona and loves it. Iv'e taken the L30 so Kona does long range runs.
    Had a swap back a week ago and she thought the L30 was sluggish. Suggest a test drive and make your own choice.

• Advertisement

There aren't any, unfortunately. There are two that post regularly on speakev but they are not tech-minded.

Personally, I would go for it but with more haggling and another 2k off. However, the 64kwh eniro is better but waits of several months. Model 3 is the dream, but I am in the wrong industry...

I’d certainly love to manage to get a lower the price, but don’t see it happening... rang two other dealers I’ve dealt with in the past. Will see what they’ll say

Advertisement