Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do you guys expect to wait before sex?

Options
  • 07-12-2019 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ok so i get people have one night stands and sex on a first date that can turn into a relationship.

I get there is no SET time.

But how long is too long??

I would expect to wait like 6 to 8 weeks. Maybe shorter if we are seeing each other a lot or we are just feeling like we are a couple etc.

Is that mental?:(

Yeah if i was really taken with a guy ..it could be shorter ..but on average ..it takes a while for me to get comfortable emotionally with someone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

How long did you and mr_fegelien wait??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'd say he's waiting for you to step away from boards for the three-and-a-half minutes it'll take him to empty the nut purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Creepazoid wrote: »
    Any guy wants sex as soon as they meat a women on a first date. While your talking all that is going through a guys head is banging you. He is also thinking what can he say so he can bang you as soon as possible.
    While your talking and he's nodding along he's thinking about banging you.

I'm sorry but if a woman wants to wait 6-8 weeks it's a no no for me. It just tells me their is no spark there and would imply to me there will be further issues down the line. If the woman seriously likes the guy she should put out, after three dates I'd expect a blow job at least and stinky fingers

You’ve the right username anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is sex not something for both of you to decide and want ?

Mad concept altogether I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Dont expect sex.....respect sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I'd say he's waiting for you to step away from boards for the three-and-a-half minutes it'll take him to empty the nut purse.

Brag much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Creepazoid wrote: »
    Any guy wants sex as soon as they meat a women on a first date. While your talking all that is going through a guys head is banging you. He is also thinking what can he say so he can bang you as soon as possible.
    While your talking and he's nodding along he's thinking about banging you.

I'm sorry but if a woman wants to wait 6-8 weeks it's a no no for me. It just tells me their is no spark there and would imply to me there will be further issues down the line. If the woman seriously likes the guy she should put out, after three dates I'd expect a blow job at least and stinky fingers

So how long are you planning on been a virgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Youd have some case of blueball after 8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

About a month, or in terms OP would understand, 6,421 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

6 to 8 weeks is a long time and wouldn't reflect normalised human sexual behaviour. There's a couple of reasons why it's the case though and top of that list is it probably points to underlying emotional instability or insecurities which you need to sort out. The way to sort that out is not by stringing a guy along. It's quite selfish. A guy is not your tool to fill those voids. He is a person too and deserves respect as much as you do.

And at the other end of the list is simply that you are not a match. If so that's grand, don't flog a dead horse.

The way to sort it out is not by stringing a guy along. And the way to definitely not sort it out is by knocking boots because there is a societal pressure to do so after X amount of time. Take care of yourself first and foremost. Focus on developing friendships and relationships and self esteem. The rest will follow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

myshirt wrote: »
    snip
    wtf that's sick and not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

6 to 8 weeks is a long time and wouldn't reflect normalised human sexual behaviour. There's a couple of reasons why it's the case though and top of that list is it probably points to underlying emotional instability or insecurities which you need to sort out. The way to sort that out is not by stringing a guy along. It's quite selfish. A guy is not your tool to fill those voids. He is a person too and deserves respect as much as you do.

And at the other end of the list is simply that you are not a match. If so that's grand, don't flog a dead horse.

The way to sort it out is not by stringing a guy along. And the way to definitely not sort it out is by knocking boots because there is a societal pressure to do so after X amount of time. Take care of yourself first and foremost. Focus on developing friendships and relationships and self esteem. The rest will follow.

Nobody owes anyone anything sexually and people have different sex drives, there is not one normal. There are people that aren't into casual hook-ups that are perfectly content with who they are.

These threads always follow the same caveman logic: "All men brainless horny stallions, all women dried up, frigid bores."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Later I realised you can just take full physical control during sex and not have to tolerate being touched too much at all.

You mean sort yourself out?

Sure your partner was delighted to be relegated to a mere observer.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Holly13

6 to 8 weeks is not necessarily a long time. It depends how much time you spend with the person and if you knew them beforehand you started dating. You could be “dating” for 6 weeks and barely see the person

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

anewme wrote: »
    Its like winning Euromillions without having to buy a ticket.

At least that's what he wants to believe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭banie01

How long did you and mr_fegelien wait??

Jesus!
    That's put thoughts of an ILYV and MF offspring into my head and it has terrified me!

Imagine, the lucidity of ILYV combined with the outright yet strangely compelling stupidity of MF?!?!

That's frankly enough to have me turn into Herod!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ok so i get people have one night stands and sex on a first date that can turn into a relationship.

I get there is no SET time.

But how long is too long??

I would expect to wait like 6 to 8 weeks. Maybe shorter if we are seeing each other a lot or we are just feeling like we are a couple etc.

Is that mental?:(

Yeah if i was really taken with a guy ..it could be shorter ..but on average ..it takes a while for me to get comfortable emotionally with someone
    Considering you have over 7000 posts in 7 months I'm surprised you have time to date someone let alone think about letting him throw the mortar mix into your mixer lol

Jesus have a conversation with the guy your dating and put down the phone things might progress the way you want then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

At least 3 drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

From your son?

Jesus, what type of thread is this?

What are you insinuating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Don't wait, just lob it in there boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If she's a virgin, patience is called for.
    3 months has been my experience.
    But you build up to it. It's not like there's nothing happening for 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

A few dates I suppose. I have a weird relationship with sex due to my past so if I want to be in a relationship with someone I tend to wait, I've found that having sex right away leads to a more casual arrangement. I've had enough of that to last a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Vita nova

If you were to take your cues from American TV and films then it's usually the third date, sometimes know as the third date rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

six weeks isnt long at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The word " wait " sticks out like a sore thumb.

As soon as sex gets evaluated it gets destroyed.

All the best sex I have ever had has come without an expectation or a demand or pretension. I have never felt on a " clock" or that I was being evaluated.

Anytime I ever come across any bullshít with a partner I walk, not that dramatically or anything, but if does not feel right I am out. I am a hot blooded male, but I have turned down some hot babes in the past because I simply felt they hadn't a clue what was going on, in hindsight it turns out I have dodged a few bullets.

Keep it natural and fun. No one should be expected to have a " time limit " or set amount of dates before putting out. The whole point of dating is getting to know someone better. Treat it that way. It is great opportunity to find someone you might care about and maybe have a future with.

Sex should be exciting and enjoyable, not some bland requirement you read about in a magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭touts

My experience varies between 5 hours and 5 weeks. When you both want to sleep together that's when you're ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

If it is going to take more than 3 minutes after I wake him up and wiggle my eyebrows for him to start responding then, sorry, I'm out of there. Come on, like. Breakfast is calling and I'm starving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Seriously, the standard of thread on here these days.....mega yawn.

Rufeo wrote: »
    Seriously, the standard of thread on here these days.....mega yawn.

You do know there's no requirement to read them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Usually after the third date mr_fegelien Vibes.

Advertisement