Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trevor Deely case - new witness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    I assumed that. Just offering that link for thought.

Message received and understood. Everything I've said in the thread is completely true. I'll save the rest for the memoirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    Very sad case. My thoughts

I think he was targeted by a gang that night, and I reckon that it was an opportunistic hit. I would surmise that it started at the gates of BOI asset management - I think he was followed, and bundled into a car shortly after he steps out of the photo frame. Maybe he was offered a lift, but I doubt he would have accepted. My guess is the guy following him was carrying a weapon, and he was forced into the car. I don't know why - maybe they wanted him to launder money, or whatever, but I would say he fought back and was killed in a struggle. If he was killed in a mugging or an altercation in the street, then there would be witnesses, and an evidence trail. That is why I think he was abducted.

People have speculated about why he took an indirect route home given the inclement weather. There are two very good possibilities. One is that he was hungry and decided to stop of at a shop or chipper. The second is that he felt he was being followed, and decided to take an indirect route.

He was in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

I think the BoI assets management link is mental tbh.

They saw a potential employee leave a bank pissed at 4am in the rain on a Friday night and made a hopeful punt he'd somehow be able to be coerced into doing their bidding when he's back in work on Monday morning?

I doubt his place of work had anything to do with this.

God I wish he'd fallen asleep at his desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Was the Bank he worked at,on his way home from where he was that night

dubstarr wrote: »
    Was the Bank he worked at,on his way home from where he was that night

If he was in a nightclub on Leeson St, and his employer was BOIAM, and he lived in Serpentine Ave, then yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

noodler wrote: »

They saw a potential employee leave a bank pissed at 4am in the rain on a Friday night and made a hopeful punt he'd somehow be able to be coerced into doing their bidding when he's back in work on Monday morning?

Id agree. Yeh maybe he went a different route because he wanted chips. But didnt turn down an arguably darker route with less foot fall because he was being followed. This area was a renowned red light district and still is. Whats more likely is he had a run in with some shadey sorts around there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Street prostitution in Dublin had died out completely by the year 2000 in the aftermath of Maire Geoghan Quinn's draconian legislation penalising the offence. Seems she regarded Homosexuals as cool but Hookers as filth.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Street prostitution in Dublin had died out completely by the year 2000 in the aftermath of Maire Geoghan Quinn's draconian legislation penalising the offence. Seems she regarded Homosexuals as cool but Hookers as filth.

No it hadnt. It was rife around there and its still alive there today by all accounts. Anyone with any knowledge / time spent in the area wpuld have seen signs of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

chicorytip wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure why you think it's a bad thing tbh.

It's not a profession to be encouraged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

The only BOI link is the location. My point is he was targeted from this point onwards, for whatever reason.

Completely agree. The theories about Trevor getting assassinated due to something to do with his job are a bit off the wall.

He either fell into the canal, or he got in a row with a criminal that ended badly are the more likely theories IMO.

• Advertisement

Id agree. Yeh maybe he went a different route because he wanted chips. But didnt turn down an arguably darker route with less foot fall because he was being followed. This area was a renowned red light district and still is. Whats more likely is he had a run in with some shadey sorts around there.

I agree, but I don't think there was a run in. No evidence of that

If there was an altercation, somebody would have saw something, and it would have come out by now.

I agree, but I don't think there was a run in. No evidence of that

If there was an altercation, somebody would have saw something, and it would have come out by now.

And zero evidence to suggest this was in anyway premeditated or planned. Evidence backing up that theory would have been easily uncovered.

Wrong place wrong time and a chance encounter would leave literally no trace or evidence compared to something planned by organised criminals to try a coerce trevor into commiting a fraud etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Very sad case. My thoughts

I think he was targeted by a gang that night, and I reckon that it was an opportunistic hit. I would surmise that it started at the gates of BOI asset management - I think he was followed, and bundled into a car shortly after he steps out of the photo frame. Maybe he was offered a lift, but I doubt he would have accepted. My guess is the guy following him was carrying a weapon, and he was forced into the car. I don't know why - maybe they wanted him to launder money, or whatever, but I would say he fought back and was killed in a struggle. If he was killed in a mugging or an altercation in the street, then there would be witnesses, and an evidence trail. That is why I think he was abducted.

People have speculated about why he took an indirect route home given the inclement weather. There are two very good possibilities. One is that he was hungry and decided to stop of at a shop or chipper. The second is that he felt he was being followed, and decided to take an indirect route.

He was in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

I suggest that most of this belongs in creative writing rather than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Very sad seeing this guys missing posters every Christmas. It's so long now that he's missing. I really hope and pray that someday his family will get the peace they need and deserve.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Such naivety.

It was the Christmas Party season. people were out and about that night, even though it was bad. More people on the street because of the taxi issue. If there was an altercation, there would be an evidence trail. He was followed by a couple and then a girl, and then god knows who.

That is why I think we was bundled into a car.

It was the Christmas Party season. people were out and about that night, even though it was bad. More people on the street because of the taxi issue. If there was an altercation, there would be an evidence trail. He was followed by a couple and then a girl, and then god knows who.

That is why I think we was bundled into a car.

See, some of these things you're saying are just incorrect. He wasn't followed by a couple and then a girl.

You're one of those Youtube bloggers that looks into cases - and that's cool, nothing wrong with that - but get the facts right, dude.

See, some of these things you're saying are just incorrect. He wasn't followed by a couple and then a girl.

You're one of those Youtube bloggers that looks into cases - and that's cool, nothing wrong with that - but get the facts right, dude.

My point is that there were people around who would have likely witnessed an altercation, and that within a few minutes of his passing that camera, others passed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My point is that there were people around who would have likely witnessed an altercation, and that within a few minutes of his passing that camera, others passed too.

Doesnt mean they seen anything.If he was bundled in to a car,that would take seconds.

He may have been put in a car or van. But it wasnt premeditated. It wasnt international men of mystery and it wasnt some complex bank robbery. More likely to have been a pimp he fell foul of.

It’s important to point out that although Trevor worked for BOI, he worked in IT. And he was a young lad starting his career as well.

His job was probably mainly ensuring that systems were up and running, running server back ups etc.

A junior IT worker wouldn’t have any access or knowledge to do some of the things the theories suggest. Money laundering etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

the unknown bloke at the gate is the guy imo. hanging around the gate when trevor went in the building, unknow words exchanged, posiibly him seen following him in later cctv footage 6 mins inot the walk. i wonder how many opportunity's on the path that trevor took that night to lob someone into the high fast river after hurting them knocking them out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I'm not entirely sure why you think it's a bad thing tbh.

It's not a profession to be encouraged.

It (the law) was a good thing for the residents of these particular areas but a bad thing for the (now criminalised) ladies forced to sell their bodies to make a few pounds or to feed an addiction to drink or drugs. The punters and pimps still mostly got away scott free of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He either fell into the canal, or he got in a row with a criminal that ended badly are the more likely theories IMO.
    He may have been put in a car or van. More likely to have been a pimp he fell foul of.

What about the possibility of a drunk driver hitting him? Christmas party season in full swing. No taxis that night so some fool decides to drive into town. Drink driving probably not as taboo 20 years ago as it is now to some people. Bad conditions coupled with poor visibility and a drunk fella maybe walking on the road. Maybe this hypothetical driver had a passenger with them. Possible enough.

Omackeral wrote: »
    What about the possibility of a drunk driver hitting him? Christmas party season in full swing. No taxis that night so some fool decides to drive into town. Drink driving probably not as taboo 20 years ago as it is now to some people. Bad conditions coupled with poor visibility and a drunk fella maybe walking on the road. Maybe this hypothetical driver had a passenger with them. Possible enough.
    No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Very strange be went to Alaska alone the week before. The girl he met was never contacted? Odd.

Something not right with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No.

Excellent response. Well thought argued.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

I wouldn't rule out premeditation.

Mainly because of the strange behaviour of the man in black.

From what I remember of the footage, x arrives in good time before Trevors arrival at the corner, where he immediately makes/takes a call. And proceeds to patiently wait some 30 mins without incident.

He then makes/takes a call very soon before Trevor arrives at the corner. And steps out seconds before Trevors arrival. His first change in some time.

Then as Trevor passes him, he takes a few seconds to check there's no one following, before immediately following Trevor.
    And having a quick face to face chat.

This is all very consistent with identifying and targeting someone.

The same man seemingly hasn't identified himself to the gardai. To account for his behaviour that night.

Each factor alone can be explained away, but the odds get chipped away at with each one. Until premeditation starts to look like a possibility.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Very strange be went to Alaska alone the week before. The girl he met was never contacted? Odd.

Something not right with that.

IIRC she was contacted and eliminated from enquiries. His best friend was an Aer Lingus steward who got him very cheap flights as Aer Lingus employee could do.

All that said it was an unusual trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It’s possible, but then you’d probably be dealing with a case of hit and run, unless the drivers were hardened criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Car, river, or house.

If he never made it back to his place then one of these is necessary for him to disappear.

Its a hole in the premeditation theory, which I otherwise have some confidence in.

How do you plan to get someone into a car against their will, in a city center, without 1000 loose ends.

A causing death by drink driving charge is plenty reason to keep quiet.
    And the price of finally coming out with a public confession just keeps going up with each passing day/year.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement