Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trevor Deely case - new witness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Thread should be closed. And we should all stop posting about it. Tbf to posters here the lad vanished into think air. With all due respect to Trevors family people will speculate and theorise. We have certain facts and are being given info by the media then.

Would you get off the high horse. You’ve got the highest post count in this thread. By a pretty big margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

20Wheel wrote: »
    Why would you assume that.

Street thugs can be quite blatant and none too bright.

The biggest anomaly I've found in this thread is the theory that he just hopped in the dodder. Which is a theory with as much evidence or thinking as he was beamed up by aliens.

- What happened to this young man?

'opped in river innit.

- Why do you think that.

coz.

Did someone say he just hopped in the dodder?

Him falling or being blown in the dodder was the number one theory after he went missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Would you get the high horse. You’ve got the highest post count in this thread. By a pretty big margin.

The strategy is to agitate and nit pick until conflict can be used as a reason to justify the closing of the thread.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

Street thug wouldnt translate as a well known criminal though.

Of course it could.

Multiple repeat offender. Low level crimes.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,314 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I know it's not

But your post from yesterday implied that Trevor was being watched for a period of time prior to the Thursday night.

That these criminals knew he worked in a "bank" etc
    Knew his walking route etc .

That bit I find hard to believe that he would be a premeditated target, and that a local Baggott St gangs/thug would wait for 30mins in pissing rain in full view of CCTV to attack him when in reality the area had many targets that could be attacked there and then.

It was a mad post altogether.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    It was a mad post altogether.

How did you get this gig?

Pay good?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,314 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How did you get this gig?

Pay good?

How's creative writing going?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,100 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Why would you assume that.

Street thugs can be quite blatant and none too bright.

The biggest anomaly I've found in this thread is the theory that he just hopped in the dodder. Which is a theory with as much evidence or thinking as he was beamed up by aliens.

- What happened to this young man?

'opped in river innit.

- Why do you think that.

coz.

Coz young men with alcohol taken fall into water late at night far more often than they get murdered and buried in unknown places after muggings that go wrong perpetrated by low level gangsters that have watched them for weeks then decide to carry out their plan after after seeing them by chance in a night club and after standing in the rain for over 30 mins in full view of CCTV.

noodler wrote: »
    How's creative writing going?

You tell me. Its your job.

Oooh conflict. Time to close the thread.

I under$$tand. Good $ite at all the $ame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Street thug wouldnt translate as a well known criminal though.

What are you on about ? The distinctions between each develop over time and are only at the descriptive whim of the journalist reporting..

The detective super in that area was there for years, the late PJ Browne. I'd guess there is little that went on that he didn't know about. Proving it is of course another matter.

If it was a criminal element and if the stories about the Crumlin connection are correct, you can be guaranteed that its someone who was involved in the feuds not long after.

From the stories printed two years ago and that have resurfaced in recent weeks, the list of suspects could possibly be whittled down to a handful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

tuxy wrote: »
    Yes, these youtube channels are monetised based on views and how long people watch for. So if people actually think about it they should know not to take them too seriously. I'm sure there are some factual ones too but like most things it's the sensationalist ones that usually get more notice.

Plus these Youtubers doing true crime are mainly American and broadcasting to an American audience. So the guy in the Cold Case video pushes the Alaska angle as he knows it will help get more clicks from an American audience. Funny thing is though he has clearly read the Irish Times 3 part series because he quotes from it a few times. Which means he has read there that the Alaska angle was completely ruled out by both the Gardai and TDs family as a red herring. But that still doesnt stop him specualting on it because more clicks=more money for him.

Nor does it stop him speculating that TD was a financial and computer whizz and therefore leaning towards bank fraud when we all know that TD was an IT junior just updating servers and databases. It is disingenious and cyncial reporting but they knowingly do it because they need to sell a type of story to excite their audience and the wilder the theory the better as far as they're concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

The strategy is to agitate and nit pick until conflict can be used as a reason to justify the closing of the thread.

No its not. I can assure you of that. I being more belligerent than anything. I was trying to be as respectful to the deelys as possible but here goes.

I really feel that after 19 years if the Deelys want us to remember Trevor then they need to accept people will speculate etc. They are the ones who keep re releasing the details into the public domain.

The media have published a story via and AGS source which suggests he was killed in a chance encounter by a well known criminal gang. Criminal gangs in that area were involved in a paticular business. I think at this point people will offer their theories.

Perhaps it was a petty criminal and a mugging gone badly wrong. But any evidence available ( lack of body, witnesses. Weapon , TDs clothes etc) point to it being something a little more sophisticated than a junkie.

STB. wrote: »
    What are you on about ? The distinctions between each develop over time and are only at the descriptive whim of the journalist reporting..

The detective super in that area was there for years, the late PJ Browne. I'd guess there is little that went on that he didn't know about. Proving it is of course another matter.

If it was a criminal element and if the stories about the Crumlin connection are correct, you can be guaranteed that its someone who was involved in the feuds not long after.

From the stories printed two years ago and that have resurfaced in recent weeks, the list of suspects could possibly be whittled down to a handful.
    Im going on the info available stb. Thats all. To me a well known criminal involved with a well know gang isnt a street level thug. Its subjective i suppose.

No its not. I can assure you of that. I being more belligerent than anything. I was trying to be as respectful to the deelys as possible but here goes.

I really feel that after 19 years if the Deelys want us to remember Trevor then they need to accept people will speculate etc. They are the ones who keep re releasing the details into the public domain.

The media have published a story via and AGS source which suggests he was killed in a chance encounter by a well known criminal gang. Criminal gangs in that area were involved in a paticular business. I think at this point people will offer their theories.

Perhaps it was a petty criminal and a mugging gone badly wrong. But any evidence available ( lack of body, witnesses. Weapon , TDs clothes etc) point to it being something a little more sophisticated than a junkie.

Anyone could have a heroin habit.

MIB if a criminal, could be all the way from convicted murderer down to street dealer and any/all points in between. Family associate. Enforcer you name it.

Personally I don't see him as being too bright/sophisticated. At a guess local roughian who will stick two fingers up at the system.
    Type to be told what to do by the bigger boys. Such as stand in the rain.

Known, but not exactly for running a ponzy scheme.

Anyone could have a heroin habit.

MIB if a criminal, could be all the way from convicted murderer down to street dealer and any/all points in between. Family associate. Enforcer you name it.

Personally I don't see him as being too bright/sophisticated. At a guess local roughian who will stick two fingers up at the system.
    Type to be told what to do by the bigger boys. Such as stand in the rain.

Known, but not exactly for running a ponzy scheme.

Fair enough. But vanishing a body and almost every trace of evidence like that? Would someone on Heroin or going through withdrawals have the capacity to do that? Would they bother? Maybe they just got very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Clearly the MIB is the key in all this. If the guy waiting at the the gate and then the guy following TD in the final piece of footage are the same person then you would have to say he was involved in some way, it's way way too coincidental otherwise.

I walk by that bank building every day, if MIB is not involved at all I'd love to know what he was doing that night standing there for that long. It's not anyway sheltered, and if he's simply asking for change/smokes you would think he'd have been better off on Leeson Street or up towards the Green. He wasn't there by accident I don't think. That stare he gives when looking in the gates is odd too.

It's definitely a possibility that TD's disappearance was caused by a criminal element, but definitely wouldn't rule out the possibility of ending up in water accidentally or whatever either, although as pointed out above that scenario does become less likely upon hearing his family gave DNA samples to be cross checked with bodies found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Plus these Youtubers doing true crime are mainly American and broadcasting to an American audience. So the guy in the Cold Case video pushes the Alaska angle as he knows it will help get more clicks from an American audience. Funny thing is though he has clearly read the Irish Times 3 part series because he quotes from it a few times. Which means he has read there that the Alaska angle was completely ruled out by both the Gardai and TDs family as a red herring. But that still doesnt stop him specualting on it because more clicks=more money for him.

Nor does it stop him speculating that TD was a financial and computer whizz and therefore leaning towards bank fraud when we all know that TD was an IT junior just updating servers and databases. It is disingenious and cyncial reporting but they knowingly do it because they need to sell a type of story to excite their audience and the wilder the theory the better as far as they're concerned.

There is a lot of that going on because there are unusual events.

The Alaska event is a total red herring which yields nothing. It's just an unusual place for anyone to go leading up to the events which happened. The only reason why people speculate on Alaska is because it was so close to the time Trevor Deely went missing.

Likewise with the Bank stuff. He was a young man who was very junior doing very straightforward but important tasks. Not unusual as he was on the first rung of the ladder of his career. Walton Terrace in the year 2000 was no Gordon Gekko style Wall Street building.

What is of interest though is obviously the fact that he was he was being monitored by dodgy looking characters who were watching & following him. This, and the fact that AGS were searching Chapelizod a couple of years ago, lends itself to the idea that Trevor became a victim of criminals operating in the area and there was no accident (like drowning).

Yet there is zero evidence for believing that Trevor had any links with these people as his behaviour was completely normal after he left BWs to go to his place of employment.

It does seem that he was targeted for a reason he probably never knew but might have become apparent afterwards.

It's probable that there are one or more witnesses (or others with info) to what happened to Trevor who, for a variety of reasons (mainly fear of reprisal), have never come forward. AGS and the Deely family seem, I suspect, to believe this and each year they reach out in hope that others can consider their thoughts and come forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

You'd also have to assume that if MIB was a well known criminal figure he's not gna stand in view of cctv for that long. He's not gna be persist with TD after conversing with his two work colleagues. Just again more anamolies there.

If he was a well known criminal surely would’ve been identified early in the investigation. Nobody seems to have identified him in all these years.

Fair enough. But vanishing a body and almost every trace of evidence like that? Would someone on Heroin or going through withdrawals have the capacity to do that? Would they bother? Maybe they just got very lucky.

Mate in a car.

If there was a body, it wasn't found on the street.

Canal was locked up.

A convenient house at just the right place would be a very unlikely coincidence.

A car or maybe even a skip could hide a crime.

Or maybe he just disappeared like David blaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Im going on the info available stb. Thats all. To me a well known criminal involved with a well know gang isnt a street level thug. Its subjective i suppose.

Interpretation of news reporting can be daunting. I have found that you cannot depend on one piece of reporting.

Many of the well known criminals, or members of criminal families have hopeless addiction problems. They are not loaded, they are not masterminds, although it sometimes may appear that way from the way it is reported. Many are thugs. They start off small and become prolific, through intimidation and ruthless & mindless actions etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

The Alaska event is a total red herring which yields nothing. It's just an unusual place for anyone to go leading up to the events which happened. The only reason why people speculate on Alaska is because it was so close to the time Trevor Deely went missing.

Likewise with the Bank stuff. He was a young man who was very junior doing very straightforward but important tasks. Not unusual as he was on the first rung of the ladder of his career. Walton Terrace in the year 2000 was no Gordon Gekko style Wall Street building.

What is of interest though is obviously the fact that he was he was being monitored by dodgy looking characters who were watching & following him. This, and the fact that AGS were searching Chapelizod a couple of years ago, lends itself to the idea that Trevor became a victim of criminals operating in the area and there was no accident (like drowning).

Yet there is zero evidence for believing that Trevor had any links with these people as his behaviour was completely normal after he left BWs to go to his place of employment.

It does seem that he was targeted for a reason he probably never knew but might have become apparent afterwards.

It's probable that there are one or more witnesses (or others with info) to what happened to Trevor who, for a variety of reasons (mainly fear of reprisal), have never come forward. AGS and the Deely family seem, I suspect, to believe this and each year they reach out in hope that others can consider their thoughts and come forward.

Wilton Terrace, but yes I think you're on the ball here for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I have to say the theories in this thread have nothing on the previous one (thank goodness). I won't repeat what conspiracies were out there but it seems that the theories are being narrowed down over time.

I wonder if AGS have a theory as to who the MIB is. If he is connect to a criminal gang, surely they would have an idea who that was.

Mate in a car.

If there was a body, it wasn't found on the street.

Canal was locked up.

A convenient house at just the right place would be a very unlikely coincidence.

A car or maybe even a skip could hide a crime.

Or maybe he just disappeared like David blaine.

Dont be snarky now.

What i think happend changes from time to to time based on re reading the evidence.

There was an article from a few years ago which suggest Trevor was murdered in a house by a well known criminal. That to me is plausible. Why they would target him and an MIB follow him isnt plausible. No motive whatsoever for a premeditated crime. Why would anyone wait in the rain like that to mug someone when there is hundreds of way easier targets to victimise. Trevor was a big guy also so by no means a soft target.

I think Trevor had a run in with a gang controlling street crime in the area. I believe he by his own accord ended up in a property in the locality.

I just cant see how it would be in any way premeditated.

Muahahaha wrote: »

The youtubers like Leroy Bluffins are spoofers of the highest order. The amount of posters in the previous thread giving them creedance was embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,100 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

That is not obvious
    We have no idea that the reason MIB was at BOIAM was because he was watching or following Trevor.
    MIB also talked to his colleagues, was he watching them ?

And AGS are not convinced that MIB is also on Haddington Rd
    In in one statement they said they were "satisfied" but a few days later on RTE a AGS spokesperson said they were not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

wyrn wrote: »
    I have to say the theories in this thread have nothing on the previous one (thank goodness). I won't repeat what conspiracies were out there but it seems that the theories are being narrowed down over time.

I wonder if AGS have a theory as to who the MIB is. If he is connect to a criminal gang, surely they would have an idea who that was.

Thread has largely regulated itself. I have to believe they have an idea.

Dont be snarky now.

What i think happend changes from time to to time based on re reading the evidence.

There was an article from a few years ago which suggest Trevor was murdered in a house by a well known criminal. That to me is plausible. Why they would target him and an MIB follow him isnt plausible. No motive whatsoever for a premeditated crime. Why would anyone wait in the rain like that to mug someone when there is hundreds of way easier targets to victimise. Trevor was a big guy also so by no means a soft target.

I think Trevor had a run in with a gang controlling street crime in the area. I believe he by his own accord ended up in a property in the locality.

I just cant see how it would be in any way premeditated.

I can't see any reason to think he went into a house.

OK I see one... it would cover the angle of hiding a body.

The other options being car, river or skip.

But apart from that 'he went into a house' is as good as 'he climbed onto a zeppelin'

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Thread has largely regulated itself. I have to believe they have an idea.

They have a fair idea just zero proof. If there are witnesses then AGS will be following a line of enquiry. It seems as if not disclosing the sex of the witness suggests its a female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Clearly the MIB is the key in all this. If the guy waiting at the the gate and then the guy following TD in the final piece of footage are the same person then you would have to say he was involved in some way, it's way way too coincidental otherwise.

I walk by that bank building every day, if MIB is not involved at all I'd love to know what he was doing that night standing there for that long. It's not anyway sheltered, and if he's simply asking for change/smokes you would think he'd have been better off on Leeson Street or up towards the Green. He wasn't there by accident I don't think. That stare he gives when looking in the gates is odd too.

It's definitely a possibility that TD's disappearance was caused by a criminal element, but definitely wouldn't rule out the possibility of ending up in water accidentally or whatever either, although as pointed out above that scenario does become less likely upon hearing his family gave DNA samples to be cross checked with bodies found.
    Is it still the same the gates and still base of BOI? Thought I read it had changed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

The youtubers like Leroy Bluffins are spoofers of the highest order. The amount of posters in the previous thread giving them creedance was embarassing.
    leroy is one of the love myself who put himself in the corner of the screen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement