Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

mj90 wrote: »
    Two months later and still no update. I expected a delay under the current circumstances but its been 2 months now and still no word of the next stage.

It's really dragging on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

Anonire wrote: »
    It's really dragging on.

Its coming up on four months now since we completed a stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Galantis wrote: »
    Its coming up on four months now since we completed a stage!

Anyone fancy firing them an email for an update....theyre sick of me!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Anyone fancy firing them an email for an update....theyre sick of me!

Pointless I'd say. We will hear when we hear.

Galantis wrote: »
    Pointless I'd say. We will hear when we hear.

Covid or no covid, the disregard shown to candidates of this competition is shocking....

• Advertisement

I'd say no point contacting them. They'd have let us know if there was any update.

All this living in hope is hard, but what's worse is when you get on the panel and the waiting and hoping starts all over again. Hopefully we will hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

I'd say no point contacting them. They'd have let us know if there was any update.

All this living in hope is hard, but what's worse is when you get on the panel and the waiting and hoping starts all over again. Hopefully we will hear soon.

I emailed on 25th August..... this was the reply..

"Unfortunately, I do not have an update for you regarding this competition.  We will be in touch with candidates when we have finalised the details of the next stage"

And surely the next stage will be interviews??

Not much point in contacting again I'd say as it will probably be the same reply.
    Hopefully we will hear by the end of this month. The AP interviews are finishing this week, on the 18th I think, so hoping they concentrate on this competition then.

All the same, an email would be nice, even just to say there's a delay or whatever......

I emailed on 25th August..... this was the reply..

"Unfortunately, I do not have an update for you regarding this competition.  We will be in touch with candidates when we have finalised the details of the next stage"

And surely the next stage will be interviews??

Not much point in contacting again I'd say as it will probably be the same reply.
    Hopefully we will hear by the end of this month. The AP interviews are finishing this week, on the 18th I think, so hoping they concentrate on this competition then.

All the same, an email would be nice, even just to say there's a delay or whatever......

I can't think what the next stage could be if it's not an interview. But nothing would shock me now.

I can't think what the next stage could be if it's not an interview. But nothing would shock me now.

And interview it is!!! Just got an email!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

Oh great at least some movement finally. Is it an online interview?

• Advertisement

Great news. Thanks for the update.

3002 wrote: »
    Oh great at least some movement finally. Is it an online interview?

Yeah, Skype for Business, thats what Revenue use, hope my WiFi is good that day!!

Well done, good to hear some movement is happening?

Do you mind telling us roughly when the interviews are?

Well done, good to hear some movement is happening?

Do you mind telling us roughly when the interviews are?

Sure, mine is on Monday 28th, so a week to root out my initial application & & know it inside out!!

Anyone else get an email?

Yeah, Skype for Business, thats what Revenue use, hope my WiFi is good that day!!

Thank you for the update. Best of luck, & please god the wifi will b good 🙂
    Got through to this stage but no email yet... maybe they are doing them in batches for the interview.

Sure, mine is on Monday 28th, so a week to root out my initial application & & know it inside out!!

That's a nice amount of notice. Sometimes more notice can nearly be worse.
    Haven't received my email yet but I know from previous campaigns invites can be sent out a few days apart so I'd say next week at this stage perhaps.

Best of luck to everyone and glad to see the end is in sight.

Do you mind if I ask what the interview format is please? Competencies/ informal- just wondering as the video assessment used 4 competencies, are they redoing those again? Sorry for the overload of info.

3002 wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask what the interview format is please? Competencies/ informal- just wondering as the video assessment used 4 competencies, are they redoing those again? Sorry for the overload of info.

No problem...

"This stage of the competition will comprise of a competitive competency-based interview"

So basically, we will be asked to talk about what we wrote and submitted to them in our initial application form.

And I suppose it would be no harm to talk about the examples we gave in the video assessment (if they were different examples).

No problem...

"This stage of the competition will comprise of a competitive competency-based interview"

So basically, we will be asked to talk about what we wrote and submitted to them in our initial application form.

And I suppose it would be no harm to talk about the examples we gave in the video assessment (if they were different examples).

Thank you very much for the info, greatly appreciated. Best wishes to you & everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

Just got my date as well. Has anyone asked about changing locations you originally picked? Given that it was last December we picked them and the world is very different now a bit of flexibility would be great.

• Advertisement

They are still working at this hour as I just got an email. My interview not until Monday the 12th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BoyLaw937

Back in action boys

Time to dust off the application form from last year and blow the cobwebs off the video assessment!

I cant remember any of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Got a date, tad disappointing it took so long. I’d really want to be looking at HEO level now. Will go though the motions to see what the interview is like though.

Is there many boards for this competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

Anyone going for the data analytics stream?

Well done, the interviews will be going on for a few weeks so. I had to reply back to confirm by yesterday (Wednesday). I didn't get confirmation and details of how to join the interview yet..probably tomorrow, did you?

I've never done a Skype interview, any hints if someone has.

Apart from questions on the competencies and our examples, what other questions could they ask I wonder? Maybe working from home due to Covid as Revenue staff are WFH.

Well done, what date do you have? Did you find the application form under all the dust??

Got a date, tad disappointing it took so long. I’d really want to be looking at HEO level now. Will go though the motions to see what the interview is like though.

Well done!
    When you say level, so you mean salary? Is that the only difference between HEO & AO?

• Advertisement

Best of luck with your interview tmw....im sure we would all appreciate it if you let us know how it goes for you...

Thanks

Advertisement