Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

weadick wrote: »
    I got a call about a position in An Garda Siochana but I have to undergo Garda vetting which will take 12 weeks!

I got garda vetted in 3 weeks. What county
    are you getting job

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

weadick wrote: »
    I got a call about a position in An Garda Siochana but I have to undergo Garda vetting which will take 12 weeks!

Did you not do Garda vetting after interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Did you not do Garda vetting after interview ?

There's a higher level of vetting for sensitive roles such as AGS, Defence, Revenue.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    There's a higher level of vetting for sensitive roles such as AGS, Defence, Revenue.

Ah I understand now . . Garda station would be so interesting though

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

natc wrote: »
    Carlow all year panel is moving. Hubby got assigned a contract yesterday.

Congrats to him!! I finally got a contract too.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Quick question,

For those who sought an update on how assignments to TCO positions in their chosen county are currently progressing, what email address or contact did you all query same with?

Any ideas on how to word a request for an update on assignments to positions are progressing?

Thank you everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dutchy15

I am me123 wrote: »
    Quick question,

For those who sought an update on how assignments to TCO positions in their chosen county are currently progressing, what email address or contact did you all query same with?

Any ideas on how to word a request for an update on assignments to positions are progressing?

Thank you everyone.

Email

Tcoclearance@publicjobs.ie

Name:
    Competition ID:
    Candidate ID:

Hello,

I am placed number xx in (insert County) for the Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil and Public Service 2020.

I have been notified that I passed the interview.

I was curious as to what number of candidates have already been placed in this county thus far.

Please note I chose ALL YEAR. (amend if you chose summer)

Any information would be most welcome.

Kind regards,

That's it really. They are quick to come back and are nice. They get asked the question on a daily basis so don't worry about asking

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Anyone looking for info about limerick. Forget it. I have relatives in Revenue and nobody is being taken on I was told. Who knows it might change but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for info about limerick. Forget it. I have relatives in Revenue and nobody is being taken on I was told. Who knows it might change but I doubt it.

I héard the same but I have a friend in social welfare who said they will need temps to sort out details of covid payments. By the way what OOM are you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 coolshoes47

Does anyone know why recruitment for TCO is so slow this year? Obviously Coronavirus is having a huge impact, but I thought they'd need more staff particularly in DSS. Thanks

• Advertisement

Does anyone know why recruitment for TCO is so slow this year? Obviously Coronavirus is having a huge impact, but I thought they'd need more staff particularly in DSS. Thanks

Training is a huge issue apparently . Also actual numbers are reduced in the offices due to social distancing .

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

jules5417 wrote: »
    I héard the same but I have a friend in social welfare who said they will need temps to sort out details of covid payments. By the way what OOM are you.

If your asking what place i am on the panel its 41. I have done many long and short contracts as a tco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    If your asking what place i am on the panel its 41. I have done many long and short contracts as a tco.

If someone does contracts this way, does it count as service given to allow someone climb up along pay scales?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

If someone does contracts this way, does it count as service given to allow someone climb up along pay scales?

Yes if given a permanent contract

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Yes if given a permanent contract

Ok, so when on a temporary, your always on point 1, but if you get a permanent contract having done several temporary, you could start on point 2 or 3, good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

No, if you have done more than a year in total as a temp, you get the second point of the scale and so on. Even if your experience was years ago it counts. I worked beside a temp who was on the 10th point of the scale because of work he'd done more than 20 years before....

Hi all. Asked for an update on Co. Longford. Was told there are approx 71 candidates ahead of me now.
    Is it likely I am still 'in the running' for a TCO position? My OOM was 119.

Hi all. Asked for an update on Co. Longford. Was told there are approx 71 candidates ahead of me now.

Reality is nobody knows the answer to that

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Did u ask them how many Tco's were needed last year in Longford?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linda2linda

Donegal panel is moving just got offer but unfortunately it’s not for my area.
    Just wondering anyone that’s done TCO before is there any chance you can be kept on after contact finishes. Allot seem to be 10 week contracts. Is this you finished until you apply for next competition??

• Advertisement

Donegal panel is moving just got offer but unfortunately it’s not for my area.
    Just wondering anyone that’s done TCO before is there any chance you can be kept on after contact finishes. Allot seem to be 10 week contracts. Is this you finished until you apply for next competition??

Hi. Just wondering how did they get in contact with you to issue you with a job offer?

Hi. Just wondering how did they get in contact with you to issue you with a job offer?

I received email from public jobs.

I received email from public jobs.

What is your OOM?

What is your OOM?

My OOM was in the 50’s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Email today with an offer in Cork, I was about 90 on the panel before the interviews

I was 37 on all year panel for Waterford. Panel was flying along pre covid. Now As of July 3rd there are 7 candidates ahead of me.

I'm really more interested in the permanent panel as I started 27 for that and they have reached number 10 thus far. Obviously still have to pass interview for that one yet

Any other year and I'd prob be sorted by now I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Do you mind me asking how you found out they were at 10 for Waterford? I was going to email but if that’s recent I’ll hold off!

EO2019 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how you found out they were at 10 for Waterford? I was going to email but if that’s recent I’ll hold off!

I am on 2 panels. The temp and permanent.

For temp there are 7 ahead of me as I emailed them earlier this month

For permanent position my OOM was 29 from the beginning. On July 3rd I emailed them and they informed me that they had reached OOM 10.

Are you Waterford also. Are you on both panel? What OOM!?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

I’m 36 permanent 40 all year tco just Waterford.

If they’ve reached 10 it’s not too bad. Really hoping I might get in before Christmas. Fingers crossed it keeps going at this rate! Do you gave any other locations?

• Advertisement

EO2019 wrote: »
    I’m 36 permanent 40 all year tco just Waterford.

If they’ve reached 10 it’s not too bad. Really hoping I might get in before Christmas. Fingers crossed it keeps going at this rate! Do you gave any other locations?

God we are very close in OOM. No I'm just in for Waterford. I really think if it was any other year we would def both have got a TCO by now. Permanent isn't a guarantee but would be great.

Advertisement