Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vesta Living - Clongriffin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Hi all,
    We play indoor football in Trinity Sports centre (very close by) on Tuesday evenings and can sometimes be short a player or two short, would anyone already moved in/moving in be interested in playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KP247

I'm moving in mid April - happy to jump in when needed. Hopefully the standard isn't too high..it's been a while

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Anyone know when they ll be the standard 1 beds for rent ?
    Got a email and when I checked it’s only the premium 1 beds that’s up for rent at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Mr.S wrote: »
    They emailed tonight about a viewing and it says:

“Currently there are no 1 bed apartments available. There will be a new release of 1 beds in shortly so until then there will be no 1 bed available to view (they are all occupied”

Yes but I’ve checked and it’s the premium ones at 1,750 which are available
    I’m looking for the standard ones at 1,550 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

sarkak wrote: »
    Hello,
    Does anyone know what is the subletting policy?
    My application has been recently approved and I am waiting for new apartments to be available with move in dates of late April/ early May.
    I'm thinking about renting a 2 bedroom apartment and finding a roomie. ( if you know someone who'd be interested , please let me know)

According to section 2.23 of the lease: "(The tenant agrees with the landlord): Not to assign or sub-let the dwelling save in accordance with section 16(k) of the 2004 Act."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 OutlanderWitch

Section 16 says (k) not assign or sub-let the tenancy without the written consent of the landlord (which consent the landlord may, in his or her discretion, withhold)

So I'm guessing they have to approve your subletting. I'd assume they will have some kind of procedure in place for this, they must expect some people will take a two or three bed with the aim of finding fellow roommates.

Probably, although with how they seen to be struggling to sell off the two/three beds I'd be surprised if they don't put in an option. Maybe they will and add some kind of you can't charge more than the rent/make a profit by living in apartment.

Is there any update on the cinema? Is it still only available once a week for the planned film?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sarkak

Hey all,

I signed my lease today and I'm looking forward to moving in and meeting my new neighbours! Just wondering does anyone know the depth of the mattresses? I am not from Ireland and will buy bed clothes and send them to a friend so want to make sure that I get the right ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Fompi

sarkak wrote: »
    Hey all,

I signed my lease today and I'm looking forward to moving in and meeting my new neighbours! Just wondering does anyone know the depth of the mattresses? I am not from Ireland and will buy bed clothes and send them to a friend so want to make sure that I get the right ones!

They're king beds. 200/150 cm and the depth is 26cm. They're really comfortable!!

No... I see there are lots on the website but the apartment numbers don't match so I'm really confused.
    It goes from 1 to 42. Really weird.

• Advertisement

But as for the mail, it's now sorted. I've talked to someone at the sorting office in Baldoyle and they have the key, no problem on their side. I got a few letters indeed. And even a parcel at reception!

Has anyone had any issues with noise transfer from next door / below / above ? Just wondering because we're moving over with a 6 month old pup/dog and concerned he might bark during the day when he's alone and we're at work (hopefully he won't, he seems to be ok where he is now).

We really don't want to annoy people so if needs be we can thankfully leave him during the day with the dog day care place just off the big park.

How does the parcel thing work, if someone tries to deliver a package to your apartment and you aren’t there, it gets brought to reception? How do they know?

well... turns out 5 minutes after I posted my message above, got a phone call from a delivery guy who told me he's downstairs (although I added a message: please deliver to reception blahblahblah), went downstairs. No one. Turns out he was at a completely different entrance. I guess we will have a few mishaps until every delivery guy knows how it works.

As for your question "how do they know". They dont. Unless you add a message.

KP247 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with noise transfer from next door / below / above ? Just wondering because we're moving over with a 6 month old pup/dog and concerned he might bark during the day when he's alone and we're at work (hopefully he won't, he seems to be ok where he is now).

We really don't want to annoy people so if needs be we can thankfully leave him during the day with the dog day care place just off the big park.

So far, the only noises I can hear are from the construction work being done on the building across from me (I'm in a corner apartment). I'm highly sensitive to noise (and... to barking dogs in particular, lucky you :D:D:D (although I absolutely love dogs)) but I havent heard any noise at all coming from other apartments. Either I dont have neighbours below (I know for sure I dont have neighbours next door), or they're really quiet or... the insulation is good (and it seems to be)

Fompi wrote: »
    So far, the only noises I can hear are from the construction work being done on the building across from me (I'm in a corner apartment). I'm highly sensitive to noise (and... to barking dogs in particular, lucky you :D:D:D (although I absolutely love dogs)) but I havent heard any noise at all coming from other apartments. Either I dont have neighbours below (I know for sure I dont have neighbours next door), or they're really quiet or... the insulation is good (and it seems to be)

Thanks, hopefully he behaves! If not, hoping our neighbors will let us know (nicely :D) so we can make alternative plans! Nothing worse than hearing a barking dog all day, especially if you have a young child or working from home (not fair the dog either!) - and we don't want to be those people :)

Thanks, hopefully he behaves! If not, hoping our neighbors will let us know (nicely :D) so we can make alternative plans! Nothing worse than hearing a barking dog all day, especially if you have a young child or working from home (not fair the dog either!) - and we don't want to be those people :)

I'm working from home and left my old house partly because of a barking dog :D (a husky they never walked, it broke my heart completely)
    I would tell you nicely and I would even offer to walk the doggo <3

I wonder will this pandemic affect the future move in dates. Wonder if Construction Workers will be asked to keep going.

I wonder will this pandemic affect the future move in dates. Wonder if Construction Workers will be asked to keep going.

I was just wondering the same thing but the builders are still there, working really hard (I can see them from my window). Will let you guys know if I see less activity...)

I was just wondering the same thing but the builders are still there, working really hard (I can see them from my window). Will let you guys know if I see less activity...)

Thanks, that would be great!

How is Vesta during the pandemic? I'm assuming the community areas are being closed for the next few weeks?

• Advertisement

How is Vesta during the pandemic? I'm assuming the community areas are being closed for the next few weeks?

No. I actually wanted to ask about that and the cleaning. It doesnt look like anything has been done and we didnt get any email. I might be wrong but it doesnt look like door handles and lift are cleaned on a regular basis (I cleaned the whole lift myself yesterday + all door handles leading to the car park)
    I saw a lady using the gym last night.
    Will let you know if I hear anything.
    And regarding the number of builders on site, it's the same as usual

I would say they are struggling to get staff!

Yup, not a good time for cleaning staff... I dont mind doing it myself on my floor, I think everyone should do it!

Speaking of CV19 - How approachable do you feel Vesta are in regards to rent freeze. Noting they are 'online' landlords ("entire rental process online"). I know it's a hypothetical situation but in the case of a lockdown the current conversations happening at the moment are centered around how each landlord will have to make an individual call when considering rent freezes. Hopefully this won't be necessary but before people commit to a €1,550 + rent per month I thought it would be worth raising the point and having a discussion about it?

That's a good question, I really have no idea and I'm lucky enough to not be impacted by the virus (workwise at least), you should send an email, no harm asking. Lots of people will be in that situation I'd say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

Speaking of CV19 - How approachable do you feel Vesta are in regards to rent freeze. Noting they are 'online' landlords ("entire rental process online"). I know it's a hypothetical situation but in the case of a lockdown the current conversations happening at the moment are centered around how each landlord will have to make an individual call when considering rent freezes. Hopefully this won't be necessary but before people commit to a €1,550 + rent per month I thought it would be worth raising the point and having a discussion about it?

Any updates on this? I wonder will people not move in on the expected dates now?

Any updates on this? I wonder will people not move in on the expected dates now?

I'd imagine there's got to be some people who haven't paid their first rent yet who won't move in on their expected date.

Afaik some people who had signed leases are relocating from outside of Ireland and that is highly unlikely to be happening at present.

As well as the fact that it's a incredibly volatile time to be upping sticks and moving to a new place, and with the announcement of an eviction ban people won't have to leave their previous accommodation. I'm due to move in soon and we've paid our first lot of rent. Only trouble now is that we won't be able to kit the place out. Social isolation means no shopping plus the the likes of ikea being closed anyway. Will scrounge together a few items from our families to keep us going for the first month.

Are the hobs induction or standard. Just looking at buying a few pits and pans &#55357;&#56833;

Are the hobs induction or standard. Just looking at buying a few pits and pans ��

Standard ceramic hobs!

Standard ceramic hobs!

Thanks!

• Advertisement

We got this email yesterday. I dont think I've ever seen such a nice message coming from a landlord <3

Important Announcement regarding Covid-19
    Dear Residents,

As you may have heard, following from the advice given from the Chief Medical Officer, the Irish Government have issued an order to close a vast array of non-essential businesses. This includes gym's, cinemas, restaurants, cafes and other places where it is difficult to implement full physical distancing guidelines.

As a result of this order, the gym, yoga room, spin studio, community kitchen and cinema at One Three North will close this evening until April 19th (or until the restrictions implemented by Government are lifted).

While we had hoped to keep these facilities open for use by residents who are working from home (and had increased cleaning of the areas), in light of the Government order and the advice of the HSE this is no longer possible.

For the moment, the co-working area is still available for use, though in order to ensure adequate physical distancing, we are lowering the capacity and removing chairs. It may become necessary to close this area also in the coming days if adequate distancing can not be achieved. The ground floor lobby area is available also, again, it is important to adhere to HSE advice on physical distancing so please be respectful of this. We have increased the cleaning of these areas.

We greatly regret the inconvenience that these closures will create for you, however the health and safety of all residents during this period is our sole focus. We all must do what we can to flatten the curve.

As our entire team is working remotely, there may be delays in dealing with service requests. We ask for your patience with this, we're doing all we can as fast as we can.

We are named for the Roman goddess of home. Vesta stood at the door with a ball of fire to defend those living inside. To that end, we know some of you may find yourselves in financial difficulty due to the economic shock. If this is the case, please reach out to us. We may not have a ball of fire, but we will work with you to find a solution. Covid-19 is not going to take away your home.

Please look after yourselves and each other at this difficult time. We will have a proper party for everyone once this is over.

Team Vesta

Advertisement