Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vesta Living - Clongriffin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Fompi

b4y wrote: »
    You have to donwload the Dimplex Control app, scan the QR code at the bottom side of the HUB and register it. Before to scan the code enable bluetooth on your smartphone and press the bluetooth button on the HUB to associate it.
    Once you have registered the HUB you can create zones and add appliances (the biggest one is a standalone device and cannot be controlled using the app):)

Thank you so much!!!

I can't find how to add appliances... The biggest radiator is the only one with a QR code but we can't add this one right? How do we add the small ones without a code?! (I'm usually not that stupid I swear)

So far I could only add the water tank, but still no idea how to add the small radiators...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 b4y

Fompi wrote: »
    I can't find how to add appliances... The biggest radiator is the only one with a QR code but we can't add this one right? How do we add the small ones without a code?! (I'm usually not that stupid I swear)

You've to remove the appliances from the wall, the QR code is on the back:D

You've to remove the appliances from the wall, the QR code is on the back:D

:eek:

uh.... is it worth it?

• Advertisement

Ok, kitchen spatula is the tool to use :D

It's so cool (well, not that cool, 20° exactly :P ).

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

Has anyone used any of the facilities yet...cinema, community kitchen, coworking space? If so, how have you found it?

I was planning on using the working space but I love my view so much that I've only worked in my apartment so far :D
    As for the gym... ahem... no, not yet. I'm too lazy but I will have to go, no excuse...

The cinema seems to be managed by the community staff (I honestly can't see how we could put up our own movies? It would have to be pre-approved I'm sure?!), but nothing in the "events" section of the app so far. I still don't know how many of these facilities are available? Does anyone know if there is one set per block? Or is it just in the first building and all the other blocks have access? (if so, that would be a very small gym for hundreds of people!?)

Mr.S wrote: »
    All blocks have access to the shared facilities in block 32, there's not one in each block!

Cinema - would be cool if you could book this yourself and bring your own films / consoles etc - other similar developments in Dublin do it like that + have "screenings" put on by staff. Can't imagine it makes much sense to just leave it not in use most of the time.

hmmm ok, I know not everyone is going to use the cinema but it seems very small for so many people. And yes, it would be cool to bring your own movies, but what if people bring horror or adult movies?
    I'll let you know if something happens because I'll definitely go!

• Advertisement

I don't know how Vesta plan to operate it but in other developments in Dublin of the same kind, residents are allowed "book" the Cinema room for private use with friends etc and bring whatever they want, so no issues with horror movies or whatever. Adult movies might be a step to far ;)

When I went to the viewing, the gym just struck me as a nice thing to have available that you'd use every now and again, but anyone who regularly uses the gym probably wouldn't use it due to the size and limited equipment. Same with the shared kitchen space / co-working - i'd say most people will never use them!

You're probably right for the gym! And there is a big one on the other side of the park, with a swimming pool.
    Booking the cinema for personal use would be great, we'll probably know soon enough how they're going to use it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OutlanderWitch

I had the same thoughts about the gym, two treadmills for what's got to be close to 1k people? Slightly concerned that it will crazy busy all the time.

I'm guessing the community screenings will run on most evenings and you'll be able to reserve your spot. Maybe they'll hook up Netflix. There is an iPad style thing that controls the lights on the cinema wall, I was able to turn them on and off during the viewing so I'd say you might be able to control through that.

First event tomorrow! So it looks like we can't choose the movie ourselves after all.

Enjoy!

Though, seems a bit mad that you can't book it / use it yourself outside of the community screenings, did you ask them directly? I can't see the logic of leaving it not in-use 90% of the day :D (and I doubt they'll run community screens every evening!)

I'll ask! It sure would be a waste if it's not used everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭niamh247

An Post issue: there seems to be a big problem here. An post refuses to deliver stating that they don't have a key and that the sign board infont of the reception points to reception area as the Mayne. And if there happens to be no one to open the door, the An Post person would immediately return and would not attempt delivery again.

Ideally, the sign board should point to the Mayne entrance where the An Post person can press the apt number. Currently this is not happening due to incorrect sign board.

I told about this at reception, but could not convince them about the issue. May be more of us should complain about this.

niamh247 wrote: »
    An Post issue: there seems to be a big problem here. An post refuses to deliver stating that they don't have a key and that the sign board infont of the reception points to reception area as the Mayne. And if there happens to be no one to open the door, the An Post person would immediately return and would not attempt delivery again.

Ideally, the sign board should point to the Mayne entrance where the An Post person can press the apt number. Currently this is not happening due to incorrect sign board.

I told about this at reception, but could not convince them about the issue. May be more of us should complain about this.

I see exactly what you mean. I just ordered something on amazon and was actually wondering how it would be delivered as it's not obvious indeed where "the mayne' is...
    I was also wondering about the parcel collection from vesta, does the postman try to ring at your appartment first and then goes back to reception if we're not here or should we leave a note saying they should go to reception first?
    Do you know what I mean?

An post not having the key to access the mailboxes is indeed a big issue. I'll ask about it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 b4y

I see exactly what you mean. I just ordered something on amazon and was actually wondering how it would be delivered as it's not obvious indeed where "the mayne' is...
    I was also wondering about the parcel collection from vesta, does the postman try to ring at your appartment first and then goes back to reception if we're not here or should we leave a note saying they should go to reception first?
    Do you know what I mean?

An post not having the key to access the mailboxes is indeed a big issue. I'll ask about it tomorrow.

I had the same issue and I had to go to An Post facility and collect my parcels in person. I'm going to open a ticket with Vesta:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hi,

I've recently been approved and hoping to get a one bed but have a few questions.

When the ones beds come up on the site could I end up missing out on one if I'm too slow.

Also do they come with cutlery and all that? Never moved into a brand new place before!

I had the same issue and I had to go to An Post facility and collect my parcels in person. I'm going to open a ticket with Vesta:(

what post office do we need to go to? Or is it a depot? And if so, where is our one?

Beekay wrote: »
    Hi,

I've recently been approved and hoping to get a one bed but have a few questions.

When the ones beds come up on the site could I end up missing out on one if I'm too slow.

Also do they come with cutlery and all that? Never moved into a brand new place before!

I'm not sure about the one beds, I'd say you better choose quickly to have the best one though. Some have a better layout and/or orientation than others.

As for the cutlery, no, there is absolutely nothing in the kitchen. Only a microwave. (no toaster, no kettle, no dishes, no plates, you have to buy everything)

• Advertisement

As for the mail, I've been told some people got mail without any issue. And there was a big Ikea parcel at reception today so I guess it's working somehow?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OutlanderWitch

I'm curious to see if anyone take advantage of the get put clause and leaves after the first month. You might see the same apartments pop back up.

I'm curious to see if anyone take advantage of the get put clause and leaves after the first month. You might see the same apartments pop back up.

I forgot about that clause. Wow, I can't imagine how disappointed you'd have to be to move in and move out straight away :o
    I really doubt it will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Doop

Yes, you're right, they're on it, I just asked, they're waiting also...

Ok so here's the bike area

Yikes... bikes arent going to last long in there, can you only lock the wheels?
    No gate?
    And why is the bike area (the thing you dont want wet) under an open vented area :confused:

Christ really not that difficult... hard to comprehend.

Doop wrote: »
    Yikes... bikes arent going to last long in there, can you only lock the wheels?
    No gate?
    And why is the bike area (the thing you dont want wet) under an open vented area :confused:

Christ really not that difficult... hard to comprehend.

I wouldnt worry about the bikes being stolen as there is a gate to access the parking in itself and the bike area is located inside the parking, so if a bike is stolen it would be by one of the resident :D
    As for the open vented area I have to agree though...

what post office do we need to go to? Or is it a depot? And if so, where is our one?

Its Baldoyke post office. The postman told they will not even attempt to deliver anything to this address until next week when they expect to get the keys.

I had to go there yesterday and today to collect my stuff, letters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ms Sally

Hi,
    Recently approved by Vesta and patiently waiting for the one beds to appear. Quick question- are there annual management fees ?? And I'm slightly concerned over parking seeing as both myself and my partner drive. Is there an option for people who don't drive to rent out their carpark space ?? The man I spoke to from Management said that currently half of the tenants don't actually drive so a lot of the spaces are vacant but of course still belong to them.
    Thanks !!

Folks, should this month's rent be paid to the same account? Any info from Vesta? Thanks!

niamh247 wrote: »
    Folks, should this month's rent be paid to the same account? Any info from Vesta? Thanks!
    I asked a few days ago and they said we'll get an email with the instructions. I guess we'll have it tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sarkak

Hello,
    Does anyone know what is the subletting policy?
    My application has been recently approved and I am waiting for new apartments to be available with move in dates of late April/ early May.
    I'm thinking about renting a 2 bedroom apartment and finding a roomie. ( if you know someone who'd be interested , please let me know)

Advertisement