Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2019), 64gb Evo Plus microSD Memory Card & Cover €179 @ Currys

Options
  • 25-11-2019 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

bromley52 wrote: »

It's a great deal - pity I didn't see it earlier as I bought it from Currys Uk instead - worked out at the same price but couldn't see it on their Irish site earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

Thanks for this, just reserved one in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Does anyone know is this a better tab than the similar huawei? The huawei has 3gb of ram which has me leaning towards it. Want to buy one for missus and not sure which to go for.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/huawei-mediapad-t5-10-1-tablet-32-gb-black-10193617-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭chonix

bluefinger wrote: »
    Does anyone know is this a better tab than the similar huawei? The huawei has 3gb of ram which has me leaning towards it. Want to buy one for missus and not sure which to go for.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/huawei-mediapad-t5-10-1-tablet-32-gb-black-10193617-pdt.html
    This tablet (Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2019) 32gb + 64gb sd card) is a match for the Huawei M5 lite. T5 is a bit outdated, processor is older (despite number of cores, antutu is far better on the 2019 model), battery is better and its os is very lightweight vanilla android type.

those 2 tablets one on one (T5 and Galaxy Tab A) Samsung one is snappier and better. If you don't believe me, take a look at any youtube video regarding this tab.

Now, against Huawei M5 or M5 Lite, it does lose in features.

Comparison:
    https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-tablets/huawei-mediapad-t5-10,samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1-2019-wi-fi

Now: you can grab the M5 Lite from Amazon DE for €155 + postage
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07G6PNH6W

PS: I don't like hijaacking OP's thread, sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Thanks chonix that's super helpful. Will prob go with samsung for bricks and mortar factor though tempted by m5 lite.

• Advertisement

bluefinger wrote: »
    Thanks chonix that's super helpful. Will prob go with samsung for bricks and mortar factor though tempted by m5 lite.
    I own the M5 Lite. Went to Currys personally to try the Samsung one, but I didn't like the aesthetics of it. Either way it's better than T5, lol. Happy shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

chonix wrote: »
    This tablet (Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2019) 32gb + 64gb sd card) is a match for the Huawei M5 lite. T5 is a bit outdated, processor is older (despite number of cores, antutu is far better on the 2019 model), battery is better and its os is very lightweight vanilla android type.

those 2 tablets one on one (T5 and Galaxy Tab A) Samsung one is snappier and better. If you don't believe me, take a look at any youtube video regarding this tab.

Now, against Huawei M5 or M5 Lite, it does lose in features.

Comparison:
    https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-tablets/huawei-mediapad-t5-10,samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1-2019-wi-fi

Now: you can grab the M5 Lite from Amazon DE for €155 + postage
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07G6PNH6W

PS: I don't like hijaacking OP's thread, sorry about that

Really helpful - I am in the market for a tablet, but I really need a SIM card / slot to connect outside WIFI zones. Does anyone of these tick that deal breaker of a box. Thanks. 6541.

6541 wrote: »
    Really helpful - I am in the market for a tablet, but I really need a SIM card / slot to connect outside WIFI zones. Does anyone of these tick that deal breaker of a box. Thanks. 6541.
    Hmm, then you should look for an "LTE" enabled model. However I haven't seen one at a good price yet. I'd suggest set a few alerts on "keepa" for amazon Huawei's model with LTE and the same for the Galaxy Tab A with LTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

chonix wrote: »
    Hmm, then you should look for an "LTE" enabled model. However I haven't seen one at a good price yet. I'd suggest set a few alerts on "keepa" for amazon Huawei's model with LTE and the same for the Galaxy Tab A with LTE.

Thanks very much, if you spot anything will you post here :)
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 declan_06

I got this tablet, just to add PhoneZone on Moore Street was the only shop to have the glass screen protector for the tablet, 15 euro, cheeper than the insurance.

So far I'm really happy with the tablet, the speakers sound good, but it's a bit weird that they are only on one end of the tablet, probably the only flaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

seems to be out of stock everywhere ... or am I mistaken?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

holly8 wrote: »

Ordered it in Cork tonight, will collect it in a week but I got the cover and sd card today, happy days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

holly8 wrote: »

It's only available for collection now in certain stores, go to the checkout and you can do a search, hopefully somewhere near you. For Dublin, just Swords and Blach came up for collection. I only ordered yesterday (day before Black Friday) for delivery, so it seems I got in just in time, I had a feeling that would happen as everyone would have gone for it on Black Friday. All other Irish sites that had this tablet on Black Friday special didn't include the SD card or the official Samsung case at the same price of 179. So I didn't wait around! Anyway that's the Christmas present for herself boxed off! Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

You can get the tablet delivered to your house or collect in certain stores. The bundle offer only seems to be available in Dublin, not available for home delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭bromley52

glic83 wrote: »
    You can get the tablet delivered to your house or collect in certain stores. The bundle offer only seems to be available in Dublin, not available for home delivery
    It was available for delivery when I posted the deal. It came from the UK so Currys UK probably shipped from the same stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

bromley52 wrote: »
    It was available for delivery when I posted the deal. It came from the UK so Currys UK probably shipped from the same stock.

I'm not disputing that, was just updating that it could be ordered online from the Irish site for home delivery, for just the tablet, but not the bundle

Advertisement