Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

Burning a passport is just like me losing a passport. I get a copy of my birth certificate and apply for replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

nthclare wrote: »
    I wonder did she burn her passport too like the rest of those cruel vile warriors...

How did she get here without a passport ?

Irreverent, burning your passport does not renounce your citizenship and you can not apply to renounce it unless you are a citizen of another legitimate country.
    Emergency travels documents were created to allow her home, if we didn't do it willingly Turkey would have demanded we do so and under international law Turkey would be in the right(something unusual for Turkey)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,940 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    She's been taken to the CCJ according to a tweet (which I cannot link to for some reason). Presumably an application for an extension to her detention.

Or Bailed.

If an Irish citizen somehow ended up at the entry point in Dublin Airport with no passport and no travel documents they have to let you in as there is nowhere they can deport you to.
    Now they may spend hours ensuring you are actually an Irish citizen but eventually they would have to let you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RTE report detention extended by 24 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

tuxy wrote: »
    If an Irish citizen somehow ended up at the entry point in Dublin Airport with no passport and no travel documents they have to let you in as there is nowhere they can deport you to.
    Now they may spend hours ensuring you are actually an Irish citizen but eventually they would have to let you in.

Your “story” above makes no sense

If someone arrives at the border How can they prove they are a irish citizen if no ID docs whatsoever

elperello wrote: »
    RTE report detention extended by 24 hours

Looks like the Garda are doing all they can but I'd say they are working with limited legislation and evidence.

How can someone prove they are a irish citizen if no ID docs whatsoever

There are records such as birth certs, PPSN number. It's impossible to be a citizen and not leave some kind of paper trail.

If someone arrives at the border How can they prove they are a irish citizen if no ID docs whatsoever

Difficult but not impossible.
    Assuming it's an adult who grew up in Ireland there would be quite a trail to follow.

Difficult but not impossible.
    Assuming it's an adult who grew up in Ireland there would be quite a trail to follow.

Exactly. Is it possible for there to be a situation where someone became a citizen later in life and there to be absently no record of it? I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

We have to take her back but needs to be jailed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

bigpink wrote: »

She needs to be charged with or convicted of something first....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

At the border the guards won’t be checking any of that. They will have a mobile phone on them maximum so can possibly make phone calls to the station. That’s the height of it.

bigpink wrote: »

Many free people should be jailed but there also needs to be a crime with evidence to back it up.

Exactly. Is it possible for there to be a situation where someone became a citizen later in life and there to be absently no record of it? I doubt it.

With the exception of the UK they would have required a passport to enter another country.

At the border the guards won’t be checking any of that. They will have a mobile phone on them maximum so can possibly make phone calls to the station. That’s the height of it.

This is why it would take many hours or even days to sort out. But the person would be let in if they are really an Irish citizen. The only other option would be to leave them in the terminal indefinitely.

This is why it would take many hours or even days to sort out. But the person would be let in if they are really an Irish citizen. The only other option would be to leave them in the terminal indefinitely.

zhAWTN.gif

With the exception of the UK they would have required a passport to enter another country.

I'm thinking of a situation where we refused to make travel documents for someone like Lisa and Turkey forced the airline to take her on board.
    She would be allowed enter in Dublin it would just take a long time investigating what happened. There would be nowhere to deport her to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Looks like the Garda are doing all they can but I'd say they are working with limited legislation and evidence.

It'll be easy to find evidence, and a good barrister representing the state who has knowledge of her interpretation of Islam and the death cult she joined and it's evils could wipe the floor against any opposing barrister.
    There's supposedly women in Tunisia who have plenty of evidence to put Lisa Away, it's for her own good Anyhow.
    Put her in with a few girls from inner city Dublin Limerick or Cork she won't have her caliphate behind her then I'm sure of it.

The real version of Islam embraces people of the Abrahamic book's.

I know Iran isn't exactly to everyone's taste, but the Shia Muslims folllow the Koran in a more realistic way than the salafist house of Saud etc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It'll be easy to find evidence, and a good barrister representing the state who has knowledge of her interpretation of Islam and the death cult she joined and it's evils could wipe the floor against any opposing barrister.

We dont put people on trial for their religious beliefs
    There's supposedly women in Tunisia who have plenty of evidence to put Lisa Away, it's for her own good Anyhow.
    Put her in with a few girls from inner city Dublin Limerick or Cork she won't have her caliphate behind her then I'm sure of it.

The real version of Islam embraces people of the Abrahamic book's.

I know Iran isn't exactly to everyone's taste, but the Shia Muslims folllow the Koran in a more realistic way than the salafist house of Saud etc

women with evidence of Smiths direct involvement?

• Advertisement

It'll be easy to find evidence

Easy? Have the Tunisian giverment showed any sign that they will use resources to investigate this for us.
    Her main crimes will be in Syria under IS control. I'm not sure how willing IS will be to cooperate I doubt their evidence would hold up in court

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Islamist terrorism is not a religious belief.

It is mental illness which references a religious belief.

Islamist terrorism is not a religious belief.

It is mental illness which references a religious belief.

we dont try people for being mentally ill either.

women with evidence of Smiths direct involvement?

What would you think so ?

A dog with a mallet up his hole knows she's not to be trusted.

What would you think so ?

not normally admissable in a court of law.

Exhibit A your honor.

I'm thinking of a situation where we refused to make travel documents for someone like Lisa and Turkey forced the airline to take her on board.
    She would be allowed enter in Dublin it would just take a long time investigating what happened. There would be nowhere to deport her to.

They would be allowed to enter after checks were made.
    My point about a pre-existing passport was just to illustrate part of the records trail available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

we dont try people for being mentally ill either.

I referred to Islamist terrorism as mental illness.

Not to it's individual proponents as mentally ill.

They can be tried, and bloody well ought to be.

Boggles wrote: »
    Exhibit A your honor.

lol well sure you know how the judiciary work here, I'd prefer to be sitting before Judge from the wanderly wagon than anything else...

Maybe that soundtrack could be an anthem...here comes the wagon,wanderly wanderly wagon....

Or ding dong the.....

• Advertisement

I referred to Islamist terrorism as mental illness.

Not to it's individual proponents, who can be tried, and bloody well ought to be.

so you have evidence of her committing terrorist acts personally? you should forward it to garda HQ because i'm pretty sure they have nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement