Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon fire tv stick 4k Ultra £29.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

Anyone got a working apk for RTE player?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

crank_1975 wrote: »

Anyone got a working RTE Player...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Apple tv app is also on the Firestick for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Setting the Firestick country to USA will give you the USA apps. I'm not sure what system Shield works on but for android you set up a usa Gmail account. Then you have access to the USA apps like disney. I pay for disney through play store

So for the shield I did the following.
    1. Created a new Google account, with my home country set to USA.
    2. Activated my VPN on the Shield, set to USA
    3. Went into settings and selected the Google play store - clear data and forced closed.
    4. Opened up the play store under the USA profile account.

Disney Plus appeared for me, just downloaded it, signed up for the trial, and away it went, the kids are loving it so far, I might have a nosey around in it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

jeffk wrote: »
    Just about to post myself

About 16 cheaper and not waiting for amazon to send it to a courier then them to deliver

I THINK pictures the main thing you lose, make slower or less ram etc

But sure do the job

Got and setup two non 4k and have 4k I got via prime day

Can't see THAT much different, not one that would make you pay double

I know if you have a 4k TV, but then how much 4k.content will most people get with what most use these for (IPTV)

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    Got and setup two non 4k and have 4k I got via prime day

Can't see THAT much different, not one that would make you pay double

I know if you have a 4k TV, but then how much 4k.content will most people get with what most use these for (IPTV)

The difference between 4k & regular firestick is 10. 4K isn't double the price.

4K stick is better & faster than the regular one. I'ts worth bearing in mind that the likes of |Netflix will no longer work on earlier firesticks 1st Gen for example. I would imagine that apps will no longer be supported on regular stick quicker than the 4K stick so the extra 10 is not just future proofing your viewing experience (as much as you can with entertainment goods) but extending the lifespan of the stick itself.

On 4K content All Amazon originals & Netflix are 4K & HDR. Disney Plus have a large selection of 4k HDR movies. I'd say 40 percent of what I view is 4K HDR & that could jump to 80 percent in the next two years as almost every program & movie being made now is 4K

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

The difference between 4k & regular firestick is 10. 4K isn't double the price.

4K stick is better & faster than the regular one. I'ts worth bearing in mind that the likes of |Netflix will no longer work on earlier firesticks 1st Gen for example. I would imagine that apps will no longer be supported on regular stick quicker than the 4K stick so the extra 10 is not just future proofing your viewing experience (as much as you can with entertainment goods) but extending the lifespan of the stick itself.

On 4K content All Amazon originals & Netflix are 4K & HDR. Disney Plus have a large selection of 4k HDR movies. I'd say 40 percent of what I view is 4K HDR & that could jump to 80 percent in the next two years as almost every program & movie being made now is 4K

Non 4k argos 23 euro
    4k from Amazon with courier as won't deliver to Ireland around 30 euro

As I said most people will get these to get the usual apps and iptv services

I do agree about future proof myself, but most people won't

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'ts worth bearing in mind that the likes of |Netflix will no longer work on earlier firesticks 1st Gen for example. I would imagine that apps will no longer be supported on regular stick quicker than the 4K stick so the extra 10 is not just future proofing your viewing experience (as much as you can with entertainment goods) but extending the lifespan of the stick itself.

Shudder also doesn't work on the OG firestick, only works on the newer models (with Alexa)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

crank_1975 wrote: »
    This one works on my non-4k Fire TV Stick: https://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/themes-apps/apk-request-all4-itvhub-my5-rt-player-t3381704/post78776334#post78776334

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Anyone finding addresspal slow for their Fire 4K delivery coming through. Received in UK on 21st ( Thursday) and has still not arrived at my local post office. Maybe they are just bombarded with blackfriday shopping and I need to be a bit more patient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Tweaky wrote: »
    Anyone finding addresspal slow for their Fire 4K delivery coming through. Received in UK on 21st ( Thursday) and has still not arrived at my local post office. Maybe they are just bombarded with blackfriday shopping and I need to be a bit more patient.

Mine is slow as well

This is the time of year when people start threads about delivery delays. Usually from Black Friday week to January. I run a small mail order business in Ireland & had some parcels sit for a month in Dublin parcel hub with An Post. Some of these parcels were only going from one part of Dublin to another. It's gotten much since An Post got the contract for Amazon two day delivery. They seem to prioritize Amazon parcels at everyone elses expense in order to keep the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ripped through with Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Soarer wrote: »
    Ripped through with Parcel Motel.

Same as, from up North, to Dublin depot and to PM locker within 12 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

And Parcel Wizard, arrived their depot today, delivers to door in the morn!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

This is the time of year when people start threads about delivery delays. Usually from Black Friday week to January. I run a small mail order business in Ireland & had some parcels sit for a month in Dublin parcel hub with An Post. Some of these parcels were only going from one part of Dublin to another. It's gotten much since An Post got the contract for Amazon two day delivery. They seem to prioritize Amazon parcels at everyone elses expense in order to keep the contract

Based on this and other feedback I'll be back using Parcel Motel going forward.

I ordered stuff on Amazon on Sunday night (11ish) and had it here this morning. From an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Same here.. Delivered to UK hub last Thursday in under 24 hours.. Haven't heard anything from them since.You'd be expecting them to have extra capacity from now until end of January at least.

Tweaky wrote:
    Based on this and other feedback I'll be back using Parcel Motel going forward.

I agree but there was a thread giving out about parcel motel two years ago
    I ordered stuff on Amazon on Sunday night (11ish) and had it here this morning. From an post.

This is my point. An Post let regular parcels pile up for weeks on end & focus on Amazon. If they are late with Amazon parcels right through December then they will loose the Amazon contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Lads, it's online order silly season. Things will be delayed. If you're in a rush to get something, don't buy it online this time of year. That's the reality of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

I ordered my firestick sunday afternoon and recieved it this morning with Parcel motel. Happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Ordered mine on Sunday it arrived at parcel wizard hub at 10:30pm last night and was signed for.
    I didn't even know they had people working there at that time to sign for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Got mine 10 minutes ago. 35 quid from currys.ie + a fiver for DPD delivery. All took 2 days. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Mine was delivered Friday & at my PO today.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

joujoujou wrote: »
    Got mine 10 minutes ago. 35 quid from currys.ie + a fiver for DPD delivery. All took 2 days. :cool:

As said previously this is not a 4k Ultra one which why its cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

JonnyM wrote: »
    As said previously this is not a 4k Ultra one which why its cheaper

the 4k is 35 euro from curries.
    you still need to pay delivery so there is no reason to get it over amazon.
    also cannot confirm if it is 1st, 2nd or 3rd gen. quite possible they have stock of an older version whereas amazon should be pushing the most recent one.

if someone doesnt have parcel motel already this is probably the easier option at very similar price

Fire stick 4k - 40 euro (35 euro + 5 delivery) - same price as amazon
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/amazon-fire-tv-stick-4k-with-alexa-voice-remote-10188019-pdt.html

Fire stick standard with updated remote. 23 euro argos (cheaper than amazon)
    https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8798723.htm

kenyard wrote: »
    the 4k is 35 euro from curries.
    you still need to pay delivery so there is no reason to get it over amazon.
    also cannot confirm if it is 1st, 2nd or 3rd gen. quite possible they have stock of an older version whereas amazon should be pushing the most recent one.

if someone doesnt have parcel motel already this is probably the easier option at very similar price

Fire stick 4k - 40 euro (35 euro + 5 delivery) - same price as amazon
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/amazon-fire-tv-stick-4k-with-alexa-voice-remote-10188019-pdt.html

Fire stick standard with updated remote. 23 euro argos (cheaper than amazon)
    https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8798723.htm

Easy way to tell the difference in first, second and third generation sticks.

First generation, no mic button for Alexa, and so no Alexa.

Second generation, mic button for Alexa, so Alexa included with stick.

Third generation, mic button for Alexa, but also dedicated buttons for the TV being used, ie volume +/- , mute button and power buttons.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Easy way to tell the difference in first, second and third generation sticks.

First generation, no mic button for Alexa, and so no Alexa.

Second generation, mic button for Alexa, so Alexa included with stick.

Third generation, mic button for Alexa, but also dedicated buttons for the TV being used, ie volume +/- , mute button and power buttons.

Hope this helps.

I had thought this about the 1st gen but they seem to have updated them with the Alexa remote at some point. I bought the VPN from another thread and was adamant I had 2nd gen the whole time when it didn't work (1st gen doesn't work with the VPN). I found the below online which shows that you can tell by the serial number on the back of the firestick as to whether it is 1st or 2nd gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Simplest/best way to get Amazon to change my location settings to UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

podge018 wrote: »
    Simplest/best way to get Amazon to change my location settings to UK?
    Live chat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement