Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon fire tv stick 4k Ultra £29.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

pissed wrote: »
    Thanks OP just collected from Parcel Motel this morning.

i ordered Monday and hasn't been dispatched yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

got mine today, thanks OP

used DPD Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

This has to be purchased by tonight latest right? Can't seem to find the page with the T&Cs.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ordered today, thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

lads, is there any point of one of these, if I already have a smart tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Idbatterim wrote: »
    lads, is there any point of one of these, if I already have a smart tv?

See here. 110%, these are better than a smart TV (a non Android one anyway)

It's basically an Android box that's designed for TVs (so android TV) as opposed to getting one of the crappy Chinese android boxes which usually contain a version of Android designed for phones (touch screens) hence why they all need the control pads to operate them.

They're handy for the likes of IPTV or streaming services such as Netflix and prime video etc, and because it's an Amazon product you can be assured of the build quality and the aftercare that will come with it.

It's also extremely portable, making it easy to take into a different room with you, or over to a pals house (as I did recently during the Katie Taylor fight night) or even with you if you go on holidays as it's a lot easier to slip into the suitcase than the likes of a shield or other android box.

I've said it before on here, it's pretty much the best value android device going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

mrcheez wrote: »
    This has to be purchased by tonight latest right? Can't seem to find the page with the T&Cs.

Order it with Revolut with a sterling balance of zero.
    Order will be accepted.
    You’ll get notified the payment is declined, but you have 5 days to update your payment.
    Check the price tomorrow.
    Keep the cheaper order, and cancel the pricier one.
    QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

is there any advantage to buying one of these from the UK instead of US?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skyblueflyer

I have one of these, but I'm getting error 5505 when trying to use prime video. Customer service told me I needed the basic version for it to work in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Beckyyyg

Oh, thanks for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

I have one of these, but I'm getting error 5505 when trying to use prime video. Customer service told me I needed the basic version for it to work in Ireland.

They fixed it in 30 seconds for me, same code 5505, location code, try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

Had this before, go on to their live chat. They need to change a location setting on your account. They sorted in a few minutes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anyone that has one of these, is the WiFi reception better than the original? I have the first firestick and the signal one room over was tragic. I can safely say it was the firestick because there was a smart TV and an Apple TV which both performed admirably.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Baoithin66 wrote: »
    is there any advantage to buying one of these from the UK instead of US?

they dont ship to ireland from either location.
    you can use parcel motel for UK.
    not sure how to forward from the usa which is why we are using .co.uk.

all in this works out at 41 euro i believe. (37.50 euro + 3.50 parcel motel). - edited parcel motel costs after correction from ted1

there are resellers here in a few locations but it costs 60 minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Cheers ordered one there for Home TV..

Just wondering is it only the Fire TV and Echo Show 5 you can get at a discount price by asking Alexa?

Ah here , I didn’t know you can get a show. Just got a fire stick.

kenyard wrote: »
    7.50 parcel motel.

Is it not 3.95?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

you do appear right. not sure where i got 7.50 from.

so the cost is 40-41 euro depending on exchange rate. i think it was 37.50 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

so the cost is 40-41 euro depending on exchange rate. i think it was 37.50 for me

€35.05 and then €3.95 for Parcel Motel So €39 all in via revolut

35.07 using Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Will rte player and vm player (3 player) work on this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

it is €29.99 on amazon.de at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

degsie wrote:
    Which specific service netflix/hulu/disney/apple/hbo/prime?

I can get all of the above without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just got it.

Had the first version and found it sluggish so hopefully these have evolved over the years.

Just got it.

Had the first version and found it sluggish so hopefully these have evolved over the years.

Yeah it's a vast improvement. I have the 4K on TV downstairs and original on TV upstairs. I'm upgrading the upstairs TV now.

I suspect they added some "upgrades" to the OS which contributed to the original slowing down in order to push you to get the newer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

E30 on amazon.de but it says it wont deliver to ireland, can I get around this?

Idbatterim wrote:
    E30 on amazon.de but it says it wont deliver to ireland, can I get around this?

I tried there. Not delivered to parcel motel either from Germany

Fire stick 4k ultra is now 29.99 sterling and will deliver to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

is it worth buying the 4k stick over the standard one if i dont have a 4k tv ? or is the 4k stick a better model ?

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    is it worth buying the 4k stick over the standard one if i dont have a 4k tv ? or is the 4k stick a better model ?

yes. I don't have a 4K TV, but the stick is 10 times better. Much faster and no stutters or delay when you click buttons.
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Fire stick 4k ultra is now 29.99 sterling and will deliver to parcel motel

ha. Knew it :pac:

• Advertisement

toonarmy1 wrote: »

Your next TV will be 4K so I think the 4K stick is worth the tiny bit extra cost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement