Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon fire tv stick 4k Ultra £29.99

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

whiz wrote: »
    Is there any free mouse apps you recommend?

Off the top of my head I’m not sure.

There’s a step by step on boards here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057824379

I found the apk files for it here https://m.apkpure.com/rté-player/air.RTE.OSMF.Minimal

If you have downloader app ... put that in to download the app for your Firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Apks designed for Android TV don't require mouse emulation. RTE player appropriate apk is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

del roy wrote: »
    where can I get the links please.

Thanks
    It's around 10 posts back, YouTube video.

joujoujou wrote: »
    Apks designed for Android TV don't require mouse emulation. RTE player appropriate apk is here.

You do need it for the firestick though.

Unregistered Users

No, I don't.

• Advertisement

No, I don't.
    On rte, I cant click on anything unless I use the mouse.

Unregistered Users

You have wrong version installed. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

I can't get firestick 4k remote control to adjust volume. It tried 9 attempts then a further 7,then it said there was problems. It's a Bush tv that I bought in Newry about 4 years ago....is there any way other way of pairing it up tp control volume?

You have wrong version installed. :p

Thanks Jou. You are correct in that it is much easier to navigate than the other player. However it is missing stuff that is on the "mouse" player such as ER, Love/Hate etc. Also no live tv on your app.
    Your version is good for RTE programmes e.g. late late

Unregistered Users

TheDriver wrote: »
    Thanks Jou. You are correct in that it is much easier to navigate than the other player.
    You're welcome. :)
    However it is missing stuff that is on the "mouse" player such as ER, Love/Hate etc. Also no live tv on your app.
    [...]
    Oh, sorry, wasn't aware of that, not interested in missing features you mentioned, but obviously understand vast majority of watchers would more than likely want them. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Good thread so far, is there anyway you can put Sky Go
    app on the firestick and will it work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

whiz wrote: »
    Good thread so far, is there anyway you can put Sky Go
    app on the firestick and will it work ?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

R11 wrote: »
    I can't get firestick 4k remote control to adjust volume. It tried 9 attempts then a further 7,then it said there was problems. It's a Bush tv that I bought in Newry about 4 years ago....is there any way other way of pairing it up tp control volume?

I had the same issue with a new JVC TV. Googled the bejaysis out of it and found the IR code for JVC so manually paired it with the code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

So disney plus and netflix work.

Does vlc player work?

Yes and Mx player.

Yes and Mx player.

Thanks. More interested in vlc for my NAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    I had the same issue with a new JVC TV. Googled the bejaysis out of it and found the IR code for JVC so manually paired it with the code

Thanks. Put in a few codes for Bush tv, no joy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

If anyone knows of a VPN that's working on the firestick correctly for Netflix could you drop me a PM.
    I've tried Nord and expressvpn but they are being detected by Netflix.
    Thanks

ExpressVPN works for me. It doesn't work if you use one of the four suggested locations which are NY 1, NY2, NJ & DC. If you go further into the app you can select around 30 locations in North America. I use Santa Monica.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

lads total newbie at this
    when your setting up the firestick is their any advantage of choosing any other region other than Ireland.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Any idea where is the cheapest I can get the Fire Stick? Doesn’t have to be the 4K version. So far cheapest I found the standard one was for £40 on Amazon.co.uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

del roy wrote: »
    lads total newbie at this
    when your setting up the firestick is their any advantage of choosing any other region other than Ireland.

thanks

I have mine set to the US as broadly speaking they have more streaming options, but perhaps someone else will disagree - that's just how I perceive it based on my interests.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Any idea where is the cheapest I can get the Fire Stick? Doesn’t have to be the 4K version. So far cheapest I found the standard one was for £40 on Amazon.co.uk.

Bought the 4k for 60 delivered on Amazon.

Go 4k for the extra 10 quid tbh.

I'm going to lock this thread as it is no longer a bargain alert. Head over to the various media or android forums for advice on the stick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement