Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon fire tv stick 4k Ultra £29.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    is it worth buying the 4k stick over the standard one if i dont have a 4k tv ? or is the 4k stick a better model ?

Yes, get it for the processing speed increase alone. I don't have a 4K TV either and it still does HD etc, just a bit faster than the other stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

it's on sale on amazon.co.uk now the 4k and normal models

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skyblueflyer

septictank wrote: »
    They fixed it in 30 seconds for me, same code 5505, location code, try again.
    sibersha wrote: »
    Had this before, go on to their live chat. They need to change a location setting on your account. They sorted in a few minutes for me.

septictank and sibersha did you say you were located in the uk or Ireland, they asked me and I said Ireland.
    Soarer wrote: »
    Order it with Revolut with a sterling balance of zero.
    Order will be accepted.
    You’ll get notified the payment is declined, but you have 5 days to update your payment.
    Check the price tomorrow.
    Keep the cheaper order, and cancel the pricier one.
    QED.

Soarer will it not take it from the euro balance or any other balance if the funds are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

septictank and sibersha did you say you were located in the uk or Ireland, they asked me and I said Ireland.

Soarer will it not take it from the euro balance or any other balance if the funds are available?

You need to tell them your in the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Andreas77

I know a man who owns amazon Alexa, and he often whispers obscenities to her, very suggestive and lurid demands, he asked me to participate, but it feels wrong, even though she is only a voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Can some who has one post a full list of channels please...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

It didn't for me anyway.

Don't think I've anything special setup. Just have Amazon set to pay in Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Is the current regular firestick, a lot better than the original firestick?

Image quality aside, how much better is the 4k than the current regular?

I have the original firestick on the tv in the kitchen it performs quite well, just wondering is it worth updating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

podge018 wrote: »

I have the original firestick on the tv in the kitchen it performs quite well, just wondering is it worth updating it.

New versions are much quicker. I have both as well in differenct room. Newer one is way faster than older one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

khaldrogo wrote:

It gives you ac to prime video but you pay for the service. You can buy ad on channels for amazon UK and if you have vpn then you can add on hulu, hbo, Disney and many more but you pay for each service. You also add on Netflix.

There is no free content

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

Could you use this to stream from a kodi box in another room to a smart tv in a separate room?

As in I have a kodi box in the sitting room, if I connect the Firestick to the tv in the kitchen could I somehow stream the kodi box onto the kitchen tv?
    You can put Kodi on the firestick

As in I have a kodi box in the sitting room, if I connect the Firestick to the tv in the kitchen could I somehow stream the kodi box onto the kitchen tv?

You can install kodi on this & use it as a separate kodi box

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Sleeper12 wrote:
    There is no free content

There is tonnes of free content in the Amazon store on the stick, like all4 tg4 & loads of free movie apps. Whether they are any good or not is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Kodi can be installed on this, plenty of videos on YouTube of how to load kodi onto a fire TV stick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

podge018 wrote: »

this question was literally asked about 8 posts ago :pac:

Yes 4K is better than original. No need for 4K TV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

khaldrogo wrote: »

I've my IPTV on it, the legal streams of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Thanks guys, just picked up one. It was 50/50 between this and the Roku + , both now are the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

none 4k firestick with Alexa remote is €24 in argos

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8798723.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭shanmo

jkbah wrote:
    I'm using my Firestick with the VPN unlimited mentioned on another thread. Works for USA Netflix and BBC iPlayer

I saw this thread the other day and now can't find it. Can you help please? Need a VPN. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

brightkane wrote: »
    none 4k firestick with Alexa remote is €24 in argos

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8798723.htm

Just about to post myself

About 16 cheaper and not waiting for amazon to send it to a courier then them to deliver

I THINK pictures the main thing you lose, make slower or less ram etc

But sure do the job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

djsim101 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, just picked up one. It was 50/50 between this and the Roku + , both now are the same price.

You definitely made the right choice, the rokus are completely locked down in comparison with a firestick.

Don't have one myself, but apparently they are nigh on impossible to sideload stuff onto.

shanmo wrote: »
    I saw this thread the other day and now can't find it. Can you help please? Need a VPN. Thanks.

Liftime VPN is available here with the code VPNDEAL

Has anyone got any links on how to set up the VPN on the firestick or do you add it to your modem/router or what's the story?

Has anyone got any links on how to set up the VPN on the firestick or do you add it to your modem/router or what's the story?

Cheap lifetime VPNs like the one you linked don't usually work or work for long, Usually you will need something like Express VPN, that is tried & tested. You need to download the Express VPN app & turn it on before using aps outside Ireland & the UK. I am currently getting HBO, HULU, Netflix USA, Disney Plus etc but not on the lifetime VPN linked above

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

All here for ya

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/manuals/how-to-use-with-amazon-fire-tv#id3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Cheap lifetime VPNs like the one you linked don't usually work or work for long, Usually you will need something like Express VPN, that is tried & tested. You need to download the Express VPN app & turn it on before using aps outside Ireland & the UK. I am currently getting HBO, HULU, Netflix USA, Disney Plus etc but not on the lifetime VPN linked above
    You're getting all these through the Firestick once you have the VPN installed?

I have the VPN already, wondering is the Firestick worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Currys have them for €35 .... Assuming it's the same one ??

ThePott wrote:
    You're getting all these through the Firestick once you have the VPN installed?

Yes they aren't free though. Disney is 6 or 7 dollars per month. Hulu add free is 12 or 6 with ads and hbo is 15 per month. You can freeze any or all of them. For example Disney for me I'll have from now to Christmas then I'll freeze it for 3 to 6 months. There are other channels /aps you can add. Showtime, cinemax and many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yes they aren't free though. Disney is 6 or 7 dollars per month. Hulu add free is 12 or 6 with ads and hbo is 15 per month. You can freeze any or all of them. For example Disney for me I'll have from now to Christmas then I'll freeze it for 3 to 6 months. There are other channels /aps you can add. Showtime, cinemax and many more.
    Oh for sure, have Netflix and Prime now. Had Hulu when I was in America. If I can get those services on the TV through the stick though it might be well worth picking one up.

Just rang PC World and apparently you can only get it shipped to you which would be an extra 5.99

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How do you get the app?

I'm using a Shield btw, but it will probably be a similar method - thinking the kids would love this in the run up to the big man subduing arriving.

• Advertisement

I'm using a Shield btw, but it will probably be a similar method - thinking the kids would love this in the run up to the big man subduing arriving.

Setting the Firestick country to USA will give you the USA apps. I'm not sure what system Shield works on but for android you set up a usa Gmail account. Then you have access to the USA apps like disney. I pay for disney through play store

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement