Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

AD07 wrote: »
    Oh do you think they don’t? I really hope so

Honestly I don’t know but the majority of people I’ve spoken to are waiting for pct, medical and/or vetting to be completed, very few people have everything completed so I think they need to ramp things up soon to have an intake in July

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Marty1476 wrote: »
    Honestly I don’t know but the majority of people I’ve spoken to are waiting for pct, medical and/or vetting to be completed, very few people have everything completed so I think they need to ramp things up soon to have an intake in July

Oh yeah, hopefully anyway. Are you waiting for PCT/medical?

Oh yeah, hopefully anyway. Are you waiting for PCT/medical?

I’m just waiting for vetting, pct and medical done since 2019, was hoping to be on the May intake but vetting hasn’t been completed. I honestly think they will need to announce something this week for medical and pct as very few people seem to have everything completed

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

I can’t believe we haven’t heard anything about PCTs and medicals - was really expecting it by now

I agree. Its been very frustrating for everyone. Covid has really knocked the stuffing out of the PCT especially. I wonder have they thought of staging the test in an outdoor marquee especially with summer looming and Covid still lingering.

Is anyone with PCT / medicals / vetting pending hopeful of being included in the July 2021 intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

I agree. Its been very frustrating for everyone. Covid has really knocked the stuffing out of the PCT especially. I wonder have they thought of staging the test in an outdoor marquee especially with summer looming and Covid still lingering.

Is anyone with PCT / medicals / vetting pending hopeful of being included in the July 2021 intake?

I'm absolutely hopeful, as said in a previous post there, surely they need more candidates that have those stages outstanding to fill up the intakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Got the hard news today that my application is being accepted by commissioners office due to a traffic violation couple of years ago. Shocking to come this far and to say no.
    Back to square one I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Got the hard news today that my application is being accepted by commissioners office due to a traffic violation couple of years ago. Shocking to come this far and to say no.

How did they tell you ? Did they say you can appeal ?

Jesus!! Can you appeal?? I have a few traffic violations too but my super said it wouldn’t be an issue

Jesus!! Can you appeal?? I have a few traffic violations too but my super said it wouldn’t be an issue

Yea I can appea doubt it make much of a difference.mine was for no insurance or tax silly mistake that caught up
    With me now

Yea I can appea doubt it make much of a difference.mine was for no insurance or tax silly mistake that caught up
    With me now

Jesus, that’s harsh, I have a failure to produce liecense conviction but my super said because it wasn’t a violent crime or drug related that it wouldn’t be an issue 😬 I hope you appeal and it works out for youðŸ™ðŸ™ðŸ™

• Advertisement

Jesus, that’s harsh, I have a failure to produce liecense conviction but my super said because it wasn’t a violent crime or drug related that it wouldn’t be an issue 😬 I hope you appeal and it works out for youðŸ™ðŸ™ðŸ™

Yea was a bit harsh I felt I got penalty points for it so wasn’t criminal conviction and was first offence..
    cheers il see how it goes and let yas know
    Best of luck with yourself hope all goes well

Sorry to hear Steven, hope it works out for you man.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Sorry to hear that.

May I ask what year it was committed / prosecuted at?

Goddard wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.

May I ask what year it was committed / prosecuted at?

Cheers
    I was convicted of no insurance and tax first time offence 5 penalty points

Cheers
    I was convicted of no insurance and tax first time offence 5 penalty points

Have they come back you with how long an appeal will take?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

No update again this week :(

Very very frustrating….just living Friday to Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spitfire2019

Got a call for a meeting with the local super! Hang in there folks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

Has anyone rang HR lately or been in contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Envoi wrote: »
    Has anyone rang HR lately or been in contact?

I called occupational health last week re medicals. They said they're trying to finalise arrangements to facilitate medicals and hopefully have some correspondence this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

AF96DUB wrote: »
    I called occupational health last week re medicals. They said they're trying to finalise arrangements to facilitate medicals and hopefully have some correspondence this week.

That’s good news so they’re obviously expecting to get back up and running soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

AF96DUB wrote: »

Any word on fitness tests?

Did the other trainee intake officially start today?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

Any word on fitness tests?

Did the other trainee intake officially start today?

Fresh intake started their 3 weeks online this morning, really hoping for news this week, especially the gp clearance form for pct

• Registered Users Posts: 2 recb1998

Does anyone know whether you have any influence where you're stationed at the end of training, I have a mortgage so would they take that into consideration when placing you in a station or is it just random thanks

recb1998 wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether you have any influence where you're stationed at the end of training, I have a mortgage so would they take that into consideration when placing you in a station or is it just random thanks

They certainly take things like mortgages, children etc into account when stationing. If you’re from cork with a mortgage they won’t put you in Donegal, typically you’ll be between 15-20km of where you live, that information came from a Garda friend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You'll be alot further than 15-20km lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HalfBlues

They certainly take things like mortgages, children etc into account when stationing. If you’re from cork with a mortgage they won’t put you in Donegal, typically you’ll be between 15-20km of where you live, that information came from a Garda friend

If your in Dublin this may be true but outside of the pale youd be very lucky if you got 45 mins from your home

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

That 15-20km is only for the 12 weeks phase before you return to college , in the new structure since covid , after college you will be a lot further then 15-20k

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HalfBlues

recb1998 wrote: »

You can put in an expression of interest but unless you've a welfare case which is kids mortgage type stuff then it means very little

• Advertisement

this forum has really dried up, it would make you wonder is there many people out there left waiting from the 2019 campaign, hopefully they haven't enough to fill the 300 more spots, and we all get our shot this year

Advertisement