Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

Killinator wrote: »
    Girl on our unit on first proper check following attestation got approx 500 quid after tax. This was with no loans, medical aid, etc...

Awh thanks for that info, someone told me today that after medical aid & tax etc that your take home was approx 350 weekly and I taught that can’t be right, sure who could live off that wage for a year or two

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

I can't say for now, but when I was offered, I suppose 7 years ago now, the offers went out for our particular intake over the course of a couple of days and then a few after that for people who turned down or deferred

Cheers for the information, hopefully I might get a call for May if my vetting comes back in time

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rm24

Does anybody know if the guards will be going back to 6 days on 4 days off or if the 4 on 4 off is here to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

Rm24 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the guards will be going back to 6 days on 4 days off or if the 4 on 4 off is here to stay?

It's unknown what will happen at this time but unlikely to go back to the 6 and 4

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Girl on our unit on first proper check following attestation got approx 500 quid after tax. This was with no loans, medical aid, etc...

Thanks for all the information. Can you confirm what way it works with the wage increment after you pass probation? I heard you can bump up to a decent amount. Also, how much can you potentially make on overtime?

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the information. Can you confirm what way it works with the wage increment after you pass probation? I heard you can bump up to a decent amount. Also, how much can you potentially make on overtime?

I'm not 100% on the increment levels but you get a increase every year for the first few years.

OT is dependent in where you are based but there's no real limit, but however much you earn from the old Oscar Tango just remember that the tax man gets his large cut

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hopeful12

I'm not 100% on the increment levels but you get a increase every year for the first few years.

OT is dependent in where you are based but there's no real limit, but however much you earn from the old Oscar Tango just remember that the tax man gets his large cut

Thanks for all the info. Very helpful!

Looking forward to going in, would you be able to give an insight into what we will be doing for the 3 weeks online, 1 week in Templemore before beginning station duty?

I assume we probably get fitted for uniform and a first aid course then put in for observation?

Hopeful12 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the info. Very helpful!

Looking forward to going in, would you be able to give an insight into what we will be doing for the 3 weeks online, 1 week in Templemore before beginning station duty?

I assume we probably get fitted for uniform and a first aid course then put in for observation?

Unfortunately I'm.not too aware of what happens. I believe you'll get a uniform and do some basic legislation.
    You won't recieve baton/pepper spray training.
    I believe the online stuff will relate to first aid and more legal stuff and decision making, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

Does anyone have an idea of how long your file takes when it’s waiting to be signed off by the commissioners or is it kind of like vetting and varies

Does anyone have an idea of how long your file takes when it’s waiting to be signed off by the commissioners or is it kind of like vetting and varies

Anything of tha nature will vary, but I wouldnt imagine that stage to have too much of a backlog.

As with any stage though, their communication is so infrequent its tough to say with certainty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Gazza434

Hi all, I emailed the hr department for an update on my application and they came back with the below:
    Dear applicant,

Your file is currently under review by the office of the Commissioner.

We will be in touch in due course.

Kind regards,
    Is this a good sign.?

Gazza434 wrote: »
    Hi all, I emailed the hr department for an update on my application and they came back with the below:
    Dear applicant,

Your file is currently under review by the office of the Commissioner.

We will be in touch in due course.

Kind regards,
    Is this a good sign.?

Good sign for sure, the final step !

Zux wrote: »
    Good sign for sure, the final step !

Hopefully anyways I still have a retest of part a of the physical along with the medical to complete tho.

Hopefully anyways I still have a retest of part a of the physical along with the medical to complete tho.

Fair enough, best of luck anyway.

Fair enough, best of luck anyway.

Ya the beep test caught me the last time I scored 7.1 and my legs cramped up, needed to get score of 8.1.
    Have you all stages complete.?

Ya the beep test caught me the last time I scored 7.1 and my legs cramped up, needed to get score of 8.1.
    Have you all stages complete.?

I wish !

I'm only waiting for the next campaign myself, decided shortly after the last one ended, typically enough. So I've been waiting a while to even make a start.

The beep test catches a lot of people in fairness. Practice is the key I suppose.

I wish !

I'm only waiting for the next campaign myself, decided shortly after the last one ended, typically enough. So I've been waiting a while to even make a start.

The beep test catches a lot of people in fairness. Practice is the key I suppose.

Ya tbh o hadn’t done enough preparation for it I thought that by doing standard gym work etc would help me through it, but only way to pass it seems is to practice practice practice. 😂

Ya tbh o hadn’t done enough preparation for it I thought that by doing standard gym work etc would help me through it, but only way to pass it seems is to practice practice practice. 😂

When is the next campaign suppose to be.?

When is the next campaign suppose to be.?

Q4 2021 is the intention, understandably they are not commiting beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Sent an email to HR about 4 months ago regarding vetting and got:
    "Dear applicant,
    Your vetting has been returned however as you have a PCT and medical outstanding, final checks cannot be conducted on your file until all aspects of stage 4 are completed. "

Does this mean final checks at commissioners office??

• Advertisement

cmc35 wrote: »
    Sent an email to HR about 4 months ago regarding vetting and got:
    "Dear applicant,
    Your vetting has been returned however as you have a PCT and medical outstanding, final checks cannot be conducted on your file until all aspects of stage 4 are completed. "

Does this mean final checks at commissioners office??

Thats correct to my knowledge, yes.

They go through a final checklist prior to making contact with applicants.

Thats correct to my knowledge, yes.

They go through a final checklist prior to making contact with applicants.

Is the final checks thing a quick look through pulse to see if an applicant has commited something like a road traffic offence since vetting completion before being accepted in?

cmc35 wrote: »
    Is the final checks thing a quick look through pulse to see if an applicant has commited something like a road traffic offence or something being accepted in?

I don't know if that makes up part of the checks or not, but from what I can gather the comissioners office has responsibility for the final sign off for proposed applicants, so they likely have some kind of internal check list they work through before passing the final list through for offers to be made.

I don't know if that makes up part of the checks or not, but from what I can gather the comissioners office has responsibility for the final sign off for proposed applicants, so they likely have some kind of internal check list they work through before passing the final list through for offers to be made.

Hopefully everyone of us on here gets in this year, the wait is unbearable, with vaccines up and running, it shouldnt be too long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

If there is a recruitment drive in Q4 and I was successful candidate when would I start the training ? It seems like it can take anywhere from 18-36 months from what I have read online in recent weeks.

Is it hard to climb the ladder once the initial three years elapses ? If I was a successful candidate I would like to try & diversify into something I have an interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

Surely with us able to cross border travel earlier then we thought , is good news for a pct :D praying they get a move on

• Registered Users Posts: 22 madge91

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    Surely with us able to cross border travel earlier then we thought , is good news for a pct :D praying they get a move on

I emailed yesterday to ask for a update on the PCT and medical the reply was simply we do not have any update.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

madge91 wrote: »
    I emailed yesterday to ask for a update on the PCT and medical the reply was simply we do not have any update.

They literally give nothing away , must be down to gdpr or something , sure they were saying they had no planned future dates for intakes , when everybody knows the 4 planned dates this year already ha

We won’t get anything out of hr till the moment we get the email from appointments unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DCLeg

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    They literally give nothing away , must be down to gdpr or something , sure they were saying they had no planned future dates for intakes , when everybody knows the 4 planned dates this year already ha

We won’t get anything out of hr till the moment we get the email from appointments unfortunately

What are the 4 dates? I got accepted for May. It was such an ordeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 DCLeg

Anyone know about partime work during that 3 week online period? I imagine no but just want to be sure before I say anything

Advertisement