Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

DCLeg wrote: »
    Anyone know about partime work during that 3 week online period? I imagine no but just want to be sure before I say anything

Do they pay you training wage during the 3 weeks online? If not I can’t see why you couldn’t work part time, if they are paying you it might mess up tax credits etc and bring attention to you

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

What are the 4 dates? I got accepted for May. It was such an ordeal.

24th May ....150
    19th July .... 75
    20th sep .... 150
    15th nov .... 75

Total 450 for 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Anyone know about partime work during that 3 week online period? I imagine no but just want to be sure before I say anything

You will be on the trainee allowance from the first day of your training when it commences online.

You may be able to work, but you are subject to AGS rules that govern spare time activities. This will be explained to you. There’s certain things you cannot do from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DCLeg

Marty1476 wrote: »
    Do they pay you training wage during the 3 weeks online? If not I can’t see why you couldn’t work part time, if they are paying you it might mess up tax credits etc and bring attention to you

It seems like they do pay during the 3 weeks. I wasn't sure if they would

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    24th May ....150
    19th July .... 75
    20th sep .... 150
    15th nov .... 75

Total 450 for 2021

OK thats great

• Advertisement

cluedo123 wrote: »
    You will be on the trainee allowance from the first day of your training when it commences online.

You may be able to work, but you are subject to AGS rules that govern spare time activities. This will be explained to you. There’s certain things you cannot do from day one.

OK thats great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

I asked about my vetting and got this back.... I’m from 2019 met the Super in March and Sergeant twice... Just the below outstanding.

Dear applicant,

Please be advised you file has Physical Competence Tests and Medical Examination outstanding.

Kind regards,

Appointments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

What are the chances of getting stationed someone where you would like/want - I’m taking out a mortgage for a house and just wondering how this works

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

AD07 wrote: »
    What are the chances of getting stationed someone where you would like/want - I’m taking out a mortgage for a house and just wondering how this works

As long as your not close to home you might have a chance. Less of a chance outside the bigger districts. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

Sparky92 wrote: »
    I asked about my vetting and got this back.... I’m from 2019 met the Super in March and Sergeant twice... Just the below outstanding.

Dear applicant,

Please be advised you file has Physical Competence Tests and Medical Examination outstanding.

Kind regards,

Appointments

Did they mention anything about your vetting being completed or just dodge the question altogether?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

AD07 wrote: »

New recruits who are doing the time in the station recently have been sent relatively close to home, generally within 30mins.

But once you finish up in the college(attested fully) and are sent to your first proper station all bets are off, you could be sent anywhere and generally aren't too close to home (bar Dublin based people who have a higher percentage chance of ending up in Dublin as more Gardai are needed and recruited to there)
    You can make a case for staying closer to home but there's no guarantee whatsoever that that will happen so you really need to be prepared for the possibility of long commutes!
    For example, you get a home in kerry and make a case re mortgage and family. You may avoid going to Dublin but it doesn't mean you won't have a long commute to the 'local' districts of Limerick or Cork instead. You would almost certainly not be stationed in Kerry itself.

Marty1476 wrote: »
    Did they mention anything about your vetting being completed or just dodge the question altogether?

Nothing in the mail but when I went for the second Sergeant interview they wanted to confirm info about a family member and the level of contact I had with them to finalise the vetting. I was then called relatively quickly to the Superintendents interview and he said “this interview is the icing on the cake to say you had made it through the process, but don’t go leaving your job in the morning because we don’t know how long it will take for the collage to open and you still have to undergo medical and Fitness.. It usually doesn't take this long “

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Sparky92 wrote: »
    Nothing in the mail but when I went for the second Sergeant interview they wanted to confirm info about a family member and the level of contact I had with them to finalise the vetting. I was then called relatively quickly to the Superintendents interview and he said “this interview is the icing on the cake to say you had made it through the process, but don’t go leaving your job in the morning because we don’t know how long it will take for the collage to open and you still have to undergo medical and Fitness.. It usually doesn't take this long “

Hi Sparky,

How does one go about intiating these interviews with the local sergeant and super? I have a physical and medical outstanding and have had no contact since February last year.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hopeful12

Briano1996 wrote: »
    Hi Sparky,

How does one go about intiating these interviews with the local sergeant and super? I have a physical and medical outstanding and have had no contact since February last year.

Thanks

You should get called automatically but it could easily be sitting on someone's desk in the station or lost.
    I would ring garda HR and see where it is at. Ask a few probing questions!

I had to prompt the local station once in regards to one of my local interviews. They took my name and had a look and rang back with an appointment. All very helpful!

With covid completely up in the air these were stalled last year and there was confusion after 1st lockdown whether they should have been continued or not at station level.

I'd definitely be calling HR as the vetting takes an age and you could be called back in to clarify addresses or further details.

Briano1996 wrote: »
    Hi Sparky,

Thanks

I was called for the first Sergeants interview the week We got out first case of Covid and my fitness test was then cancelled. I heard nothing for months and is sent an email looking for an update on fitness / medicals and the week after was called in for a second Sergeant interview then the Superintendent a few weeks later.

- It’s a strange process !

My OOM is 499

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spitfire2019

Hi all, there are lots of questions around uncertainty with regards to the ongoing 2018, 2019 process and potential 2021-or-22 recruitment. Some issues were addressed by Garda Commissioner Harris on the 29th of Apr 2021. I'll insert the safe link below (see: 21.10 -timeline).
    Commissioner Harris mentioned the "tail-end" albeit backlog and catching up to getting the 15,000 Garda human resources in place. He also mentioned the training backlog. I know we all know this. However, the Commissioner has not forgotten about you; and wants you on the lines asap. Covid has of course prevented them. So hang in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44hrDzc9YCo

(see: 21.10 -timeline).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Here4TheCuffs

You should have received your pack by email now containing an assortment of word and PDF documents. In it is your trainee contract. Point 15 on page 2 outlines you may not engage in, or be connected to, any business or activity that would interfere with the performance of being assigned as a trainee.

You should have received your pack by email now containing an assortment of word and PDF documents. In it is your trainee contract. Point 15 on page 2 outlines you may not engage in, or be connected to, any business or activity that would interfere with the performance of being assigned as a trainee.

Thank you, I received my pack since then and came to the same conclusion even though it sounds subjective. As its just weekend work. Anyway better safe than sorry! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rm24

Hi All, does anybody know can you defer your acceptance to the garda? I got an invite and accepted it, however it is not a very good time for me as my father is recovering from a stroke and I am needed at home

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bdoc

Hey lads, just wondering anyone heard any thing or rumours about repeat Physical? Was supposed to have mine in February 2020 but due to a family death had to postpone... Then covid hit so never got a call back, have everything done bar repeat Physical and medical.,
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

Rm24 wrote: »
    Hi All, does anybody know can you defer your acceptance to the garda? I got an invite and accepted it, however it is not a very good time for me as my father is recovering from a stroke and I am needed at home

You can on a case by case basis, you'll need to get in touch with them and explain the situation

Rm24 wrote: »

Sorry to hear about your father, I believe you can defer with good reason (this will qualify) once. So until the next campaign, but as Killinator suggests, best course of action is to get the details from them.

All the best !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spitfire2019

[Rm24] Sorry to hear about your current situation, as the aforementioned answers, you should have no issues, and actually, they will support you and your recruitment process. I would call HR and explain your situation and ask them to organize a future date that is mutually suitable. Wishing you and your father all the best and a quick recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lkavo

Hey lads. Just filling out my bank details form there and it's asking for a registration number. Does anyone know if that's the same reg number that you would use to sign into your online banking or is it a reg number I will be given later by the Garda themselves? Thanks

lkavo wrote: »
    Hey lads. Just filling out my bank details form there and it's asking for a registration number. Does anyone know if that's the same reg number that you would use to sign into your online banking or is it a reg number I will be given later by the Garda themselves? Thanks

Hey I put my bank registration and then when I met the Super yesterday he was thinking it meant a garda registration number. We just crossed it out and left it blank

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lkavo

Hey I put my bank registration and then when I met the Super yesterday he was thinking it meant a garda registration number. We just crossed it out and left it blank

Grand, blank it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Procontriver

lkavo wrote: »
    Grand, blank it is so

Registration number is the online banking login. If you google it you will see how to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Registration number is the online banking login. If you google it you will see how to find it.

Reg number is nothing to do with your banking, it's your six digit Garda reg number...which you don't have yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamie1999

Hey lads got an offer who do I get onto for the WhatsApp group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Jamie1999 wrote: »
    Hey lads got an offer who do I get onto for the WhatsApp group?

Congrats on the offer. Did you receive it in the last few days? I had to go in and meet with the superintendent yesterday to finalise a few things with my vetting but I’m thinking even if my vetting gets completed and signed off I’ll probably miss out on May at this stage?

Advertisement