Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women in Ireland working for free from today until 31 December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Even in countries where male parents have access to decent parental leave, a womans earning and career progression still stalls after having children. Why arent people questioning why men as a whole arent choosing to take an equal part in parenting responsibilities? It can't all be down to women. And why is it discrimination when court decisions in the event of a split reflect this? Apart from permabear, no one has attempted to address this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/02/05/upshot/even-in-family-friendly-scandinavia-mothers-are-paid-less.amp.html

Lol at western women thinking they are treated poorly, you wouldn't last a week living as an ugly, short male Autist. Western women live life on tutorial mode, they get up in the morning and they know that noone is going to be rude to them unlike a lower tier male like me. Take a walk around a city and see how few female homeless people there are.

Not this again. You need help

I see loads of female homeless in dublin btw , many of them have kids with them too. But I'm sure they're having a great life up on their higher tier than you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

What's the point of these gnomic non-sequiturs? You're a good poster, but right now you just seem resentful that male posters have exposed the "gender pay gap" as the myth it is.

Hahaha
    Exposed?! Boards, the think thank of the future...

For the record I think working for free for the rest of the year thing is nonsense. But I also think only men who feel threatened by women actually get bothered by it. Anyway knock yourselves out, it's quite entertaining parade of frustrations .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

ceadaoin. wrote: »

Ah the pretentious millennial "get help" meme. Every word I said was true.

I love this "you need help" meme, if only the 100+ males who neck themselves every year here in Ulster knew there was "help out there".

The suicide rate in Ulster is 5 times higher for males than females, that is raw proof that i speak the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Roversfan1

I see loads of female homeless in dublin btw , many of them have kids with them too. But I'm sure they're having a great life up on their higher tier than you

Fair point but what group in the history of mankind has had it easier than young women?

• Advertisement

I am actually poorer than a homeless person, the difference is that I have family ties that I maintained, living in a house doesn't mean I am not lower tier, I have a negative balance in my bank account. Many homeless people are homeless because they severed ties with their family.

Roversfan1 wrote: »
    Fair point but what group in the history of mankind has had it easier than young women?

I recommend you read my forum, incels.co

A lot of truth is spoken there about young women.

Women nowadays even can sell their underwear online and in many cases even their **** baked in cookies, Google it if you don't believe me.

I doubt it needs pointing out to you, but outside of the western world, the vast majority of young women do not have it easy at all. We are an anomaly here really, and it's only a recent phenomenon. Certainly for pretty much the entire history of mankind as you put it, women have not had it easy for the most part

Middle aged men.

All indicators are this generation will be poorer than their parents.

It's a stupid comparison anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

meeeeh wrote: »
    Middle aged men.

All indicators are this generation will be poorer than their parents.

It's a stupid comparison anyway.

Depends on how old the children are tbh, and how much of the salary the wife lets him keep.

Also, stupid? Really?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Women nowadays even can sell their underwear online and in many cases even their **** baked in cookies, Google it if you don't believe me.

No one on the internet will know you are not a woman. You too could flourish with an online range of pre-loved knickers and cookies baked with whatever those stars represent for I dare not ask.

I doubt it needs pointing out to you, but outside of the western world, the vast majority of young women do not have it easy at all. We are an anomaly here really, and it's only a recent phenomenon. Certainly for pretty much the entire history of mankind as you put it, women have not had it easy for the most part

I have seen that colonial mentality before, and it does seem to be alive and well in regards to expats.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

He has a school shooter quote as his sig... very worrying.

but you don't. The only 'homeless' women and children you see in dublin are a roma gypsy begging gang who live around mountjoy square , its all a con and they go home to a house at night. If there were children actually sleeping rough tusla and the gardai would have them out of there right quick. Of the 200 people actually sleeping rough in dublin over 4/5 of them are men.

Hahaha
    Exposed?! Boards, the think thank of the future...

For the record I think working for free for the rest of the year thing is nonsense. But I also think only men who feel threatened by women actually get bothered by it. Anyway knock yourselves out, it's quite entertaining parade of frustrations .

Why would they be threatened by women as a matter of interest?

Also, the mindset is a little bit disturbing. If you agree with me, you agree with me, if you don't you are weak/threatened.

As I've said before, I do worry about the emotional intelligience of this generation.

What's the point of these gnomic non-sequiturs? You're a good poster, but right now you just seem resentful that male posters have exposed the "gender pay gap" as the myth it is.

The post actually proves the point. You know, learning a skill over years increases the value of it :P

Apologies, I meant only Western women.

However I would remind you that over the centuries the vast majority of people sent to fight in wars were men and even today that is the case.

Women had it tough over a century ago maybe? How many of them died in WW1?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Would anyone like to hear the real facts, from a genuine feminist, as opposed to some blue haired fat anti-male sexists ?

Just a convenient way to try and shame men into silence. 'Oh you have issues with feminism? Well you MUST be a weak little man to feel so threatened'.

One step above telling a man he has a small penis.

I agree.

Just a convenient way to try and shame men into silence. 'Oh you have issues with feminism? Well you MUST be a weak little man to feel so threatened'.

One step above telling a man he has a small penis.
    Ah now. The small penis is not for all to see, this nonsense is. No point insulting something there is no proof for.

Apologies, I meant only Western women.

However I would remind you that over the centuries the vast majority of people sent to fight in wars were men and even today that is the case.

Women had it tough over a century ago maybe? How many of them died in WW1?

Well they weren't allowed to serve in the army , or even vote in most places at the time. I'm sure some would have gladly gone if given the chance, although no doubt the governments wouldn't have been happy for the people who birth the next generation of people in a society to go off and die in large numbers. Instead they stayed behind and took on roles traditionally filled by men such as harvesting the crops, working on the railways, working in factories to produce things such as ammunition which were vital to the war effort etc. Some of them died doing this due to toxic chemicals. Or did you think they just stayed at home completely unaffected by the war?

But what does that have to do with this thread other than allowing you to vent your spleen about women?

• Advertisement

Well they weren't allowed to serve in the army , or even vote in most places at the time. I'm sure some would have gladly gone if given the chance

You are sure they would have gladly gone to die in their millions like they never did before even before the existence of governments?
    although no doubt the governments wouldn't have been happy for the people who birth the next generation of people in a society to go off and die in large numbers.

But they were quite happy for disposable men to die in their millions and have been for 1000s of years

Instead they stayed behind and took on roles traditionally filled by men such as harvesting the crops, working on the railways, working in factories to produce things such as ammunition which were vital to the war effort etc. Some of them died doing this due to toxic chemicals. Or did you think they just stayed at home completely unaffected by the war?

How many died in comparison to men? Do you think wars just started recently. What happened is that the victors of the war would take the loser's women and have children with them.
    But what does that have to do with this thread other than allowing you to vent your spleen about women?

I'm trying to explain to you that despite the propaganda being spewed daily about women suffering that it is not a black and white issue. Most definitely today young woman are the most privileged group ever to have come into existence and that going back over the centuries, instead of focusing on the few men at the top who had massive privilege, think about the millions that died in wars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

But they were quite happy for disposable men to die in their millions and have been for 1000s of years

Do you genuinely believe that women from 1914-18 were "happy" to see their husbands, brothers, and sons killed?

Most definitely today young woman are the most privileged group ever to have come into existence and that going back over the centuries, instead of focusing on the few men at the top who had massive privilege, think about the millions that died in wars

Well in vast majority of cases men started wars and men sent other men to wars. That's the fun of power, it comes with responsibility. Or are you saying that men ruling the world through the centuries did a very bad job? There is no point resenting young women of today for it.

Well in vast majority of cases men started wars and men sent other men to wars. That's the fun of power, it comes with responsibility. Or are you saying that men ruling the world through the centuries did a very bad job? There is no point resenting young women today for it.

I am saying that the vast majority of the men suffered under a small group of men at the top and that the vast majority of women suffered a lot less.

From a biological point of view it is pretty simple. Those men had a far less likely chance to pass on their genes than their female counterparts and a good chunk of them died while the females lived.

I do not resent women at all. I have a daughter and the person I admire most would have been my grandmother.

It might be unsettling for some people to rethink what they are being told constantly all the time such as the nonsense in the article in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Aha, explains it all. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I am actually poorer than a homeless person, the difference is that I have family ties that I maintained, living in a house doesn't mean I am not lower tier, I have a negative balance in my bank account. Many homeless people are homeless because they severed ties with their family.

You do realise that living in a house automatically makes you NOT poorer than a homeless person don't you?

I take it you don't pay rent either, bank of Mammy and Daddy pay that I guess

Do you genuinely believe that women from 1914-18 were "happy" to see their husbands, brothers, and sons killed?

tbh

any argument about the travails of history that tries to pin a shame or blame onto a person of any gender in ireland today is easily dismissed.

lads went to war for the shilling or conscription or because they believed in the empire or the cause or whatever. theres never been a shortage of lads willing to pick up a weapon of choice and aim it at the other lot, whether you want to give it the dulce et decorum est about it now or not

and to claim that women and children havent suffered as a result of every single conflict ever fought in human history would be.....lamentable rhetoric.

but ive also no time for the side of the argument that wields every perceived historical injustice against the fairer sex as a whip in a discussion about whether saoirse should be able to have a fabbo career and six perfect kids and all of the shoes and if she doesnt get it thats *sexism*

equality doesnt mean you get it all. **** all people throughout the human experience have had it all. equality means you get a semblance of a fair craic and your own decisions are an input. own that, you'll be a happier person for it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What she says.

Or this woman, who is also quoted above

• Advertisement

Another very good video on it from another thread on Boards

Advertisement