Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weds 13th / Thurs 14th Nov 2019: Rainfall warning with Snow and spot flood risk

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Yes, feeling very mild compared to earlier now that the Easterly flow has anchored in more. Can anyone confirm if there's still lying snow in places?
    Plenty of lying snow in Mountmellick as yet but a substantial thaw ón, intermixed with v cold light rain at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

We forgot about the wind!!
    Quite severe at the moment in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We forgot about the wind!!
    Quite severe at the moment in Cork

YOU DID WHAT! lol..

Woke here a while ago to a bitter northerly screaming its intention to blow the house down... NAH! But it may postpone the ferry..

So much depends on the direction; as an old lady up north used to say ,the "airt" of the wind. Up there easterly was the bad one. Here it is northeasterly, due today

Bitter cold. When I opened the door all five cats streamed in like a furry tide... Before even putting water on to heat I opened 2 tins of catfood…

We are helpless to stop the weather.... Banshee howling now ….. shivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Out in Greystones. The wind howling a fair bit and a bit of rain. I thought it was sleet for a moment because it was being swirling around in the winds. Many layers of clothes needed with that mix of wind and rain. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭bazlers

Just want to give a shout out to Kermit for the thread.
    He puts a fair bit of excitement into this boards and never too far off the mark ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Hail and very cold rain shower in Dublin 4. Off topic but why is the autumn thread closed?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Hail and very cold rain shower in Dublin 4. Off topic but why is the autumn thread closed?

Open again! Really not sure why it was closed? I closed it by accident yesterday! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Nice this morning in cork city which is something. No frost around because it was raining during the night. Cold out there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

A bit of slush on the bottom of the car windscreens this morning is all I have seen near Roundwood. It was still too dark when I left to see the mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Artane2002 wrote: »

It feels more like winter than autumn this November. it is easy to forgive Docarch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Open again! Really not sure why it was closed? I closed it by accident yesterday! :o

Snow excitement :-)

Sudden echo- explosion of hail, gale , deluge loud on window.. Very glad I was not over for shopping today as they still have to get back. OUCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just spoke to a forecaster in ME.
    To continue cold for the next week with more snow for Carlow/laois

It's a high pressure area in Glasnevin :D

Just spoke to a forecaster in ME.
    To continue cold for the next week with more snow for Carlow/laois

It's a high pressure area in Glasnevin :D

OK that is IT! I am hibernating!

Just fought a dramatic incoming storm to get my shopping and coal in from the drive. Watching the sheer … power of the battling clouds in the distance, rainbows , sheeting rain as I took boxes in... JUST got the last one in before the real tempest hit. I kept looking towards it to see if I was going to beat it

And now; hard hard rain and hail on the roof and sudden gusts.

Life is never ever dull out here. That was a magnificent display!

But another week of this ….OH MY !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Macy0161 wrote: »
    A bit of slush on the bottom of the car windscreens this morning is all I have seen near Roundwood. It was still too dark when I left to see the mountains.

Looking at Lug a few mins ago from Arklow,its plastered from head to toe,no gaps,all white from base to peak

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Some Snow on Kippure.

HDOvwUU.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Looking at Lug a few mins ago from Arklow,its plastered from head to toe,no gaps,all white from base to peak
    Higher peaks have snow still. The lower one's like Scarr had none, by 2.30ish anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Higher peaks have snow still. The lower one's like Scarr had none, by 2.30ish anyway.

O78ww9v.jpg?1

5dyTUO9.jpg?1

Lugnaquilla is very white
    It would have had snow pretty much all of yesterday unkije the peaks further north and a top up this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lugnaquilla is very white
    It would have had snow pretty much all of yesterday unkije the peaks further north and a top up this morning

Saturday morning hike sounds fun :D

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Saturday morning hike sounds fun :D

Layers!

Layers!

Indeed! Last Saturday morning was tough enough with pretty strong winds on top and wind chill estimated at -9c!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Kippure looks much the same as posted above ^ today, I was up around three rock/fairycastle early on. Lots of icy stretches but nothing else of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Still a bit on the tops of the comeraghs, the wind def felt like it was coming off those mountains today, bitterly cold.
    49069668408_a8cfa1dc08.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: Please keep pictures to an acceptable size . If you are using pics from phones remember that these can be very large, eg 4160 by 3120 and too large for the forum, a typical weather chart from Meteociel would be 768 by 768 and the excellent shot by sppokwoman above is 500 by 333.

It is important to resize pics before posting them , this can be done on sites like Imgur.

Thanks

Well Lug has plenty of snow this morning, over 2 feet of snow in parts on the Western approach to the summit.

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1195624481542332417?s=21

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1195653205763473412?s=21

Here it is seen from home
    All white
    Croghan moira in the foreground with no snow
    Not surprised theres 2 feet up on lug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

More of the Kerry Reeks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Great picture Tarantula :D

• Advertisement