Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Clear the cache and restart app or similar maintenance if it’s direct on the web

Seeing it on my shield and fire stick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Justwatch is a great app for checking whats available on all services across different countries. Gives a daily list of newly added movies and shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

TheDriver wrote: »
    Mine is working perfectly on FS. Are you using the streaming, iPlayer location and not a generic UK one.

Hi yes using the bbc iplayer location, it just gives the error 02100 which is the same oddly as if I don't turn the VPN on at all, the VPN works fine with iplayer on my macbook and imac just not the Firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Hi yes using the bbc iplayer location, it just gives the error 02100 which is the same oddly as if I don't turn the VPN on at all, the VPN works fine with iplayer on my macbook and imac just not the Firestick.

Change the iplayer ip when you're on the firestick, connect & reconnect a couple of times.
    Another tip someone posted was don't go back to the same programme that gave the error, try another first with the different IP.

I haven't been using it much lately but it's not worked as well since that iPlayer outage they had

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Has anyone got this working for US prime, I tried the dedicated server and no luck. I just signed up for a 7 day trail on prime video so will likely cancel if it doesnt work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Kolido wrote: »
    Has anyone got this working for US prime, I tried the dedicated server and no luck. I just signed up for a 7 day trail on prime video so will likely cancel if it doesnt work.

as far as I know Amazon set your region on their side and there is no way to circumvent it. I believe it is either done through the address you use for delivery and/or the home country of the credit card you use to pay.

A lot of folks here on Boards were able to contact Amazon to have their "home" country changed to UK, allowing the Premier League football (which was not part of the Irish package) but I'm not sure that would fly if you were to ask to be switched to the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Anyone been having issues with BBC iPlayer on VPN today? On laptop, tablet and firestick it's not working. Turn it off and the page loads, but then it's no use because you can't watch anything then.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭oconnorw

Both BBC and ITV are blocking now DNS. Looks like games up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

oconnorw wrote: »

I hope not. Just tried my VPN I use for work and the player worked without issue. I'll have to give the firestick a go again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭banie01

oconnorw wrote: »

My smartDNS is working fine on both.
      Both those providers are engaged in blocking any servers they identify and have been for years.
      Changing the DNS server or just disconnect/reconnect always work for me.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

banie01 wrote: »
      My smartDNS is working fine on both.
      Both those providers are engaged in blocking any servers they identify and have been for years.
      Changing the DNS server or just disconnect/reconnect always work for me.

What is the best deal for smartDNS?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Just FYI, Three's content block blocks this VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Anyone able to get the BBC iplayer going on the Firestick? I've sound for a few mins but no image and then just stops.

Reading above others having problems last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
      Unregistered Users

Random program played yesterday evening - ran for a couple of minutes, then loading circle appeared, followed by error message after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

any idea which vpn would be best for peacock and bbc iplayer. not that bothered about netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

any idea which vpn would be best for peacock and bbc iplayer. not that bothered about netflix

Keepsolid works for both

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Anyone got any thoughts on Tunnelbear?. I just acquired an Apple TV to stream the bbc player from my phone and have been recommended to use the above. However, have seen some negative comments, admittedly from rival van providers. Would welcome input

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just notices since Brexit, My prime video account will not play anything really except amazon's own content and Britbox has stopped working also.

Not sure what server I should set my VPN to, it seems to be blocking my service.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

dingding wrote: »
      Just notices since Brexit, My prime video account will not play anything really except amazon's own content and Britbox has stopped working also.

Not sure what server I should set my VPN to, it seems to be blocking my service.

I tried signing up for Britbox several times recently using my revolut card. It keeps saying that the card has to be registered in the UK. Just wondering how you managed to sign up? Any help would be appreciated thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

Does keepsolid have a UK smart DNS option? I cannot seem to find a VPN/smart DNS provider for watching UK Prime content. I've a few TVs in the house, no way to install a VPN. DOn't want to go installing a VPN router either.

• Advertisement

Leonita wrote: »
      I tried signing up for Britbox several times recently using my revolut card. It keeps saying that the card has to be registered in the UK. Just wondering how you managed to sign up? Any help would be appreciated thank you!

I am a graduate of a UK university and I had a UK based university account based on Gmail.

I also needed a UK based GMAIL account to set my LG TV as a UK TV so that I could get google assistant to work. I logged into the UK on my laptop on the VPN and it created a new Gmail account and it was set up as a UK account. I then added this account to my google home account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

feelings wrote: »
      Does keepsolid have a UK smart DNS option? I cannot seem to find a VPN/smart DNS provider for watching UK Prime content. I've a few TVs in the house, no way to install a VPN. DOn't want to go installing a VPN router either.

Getflix smart DNS works.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

I am a graduate of a UK university and I had a UK based university account based on Gmail.

I also needed a UK based GMAIL account to set my LG TV as a UK TV so that I could get google assistant to work. I logged into the UK on my laptop on the VPN and it created a new Gmail account and it was set up as a UK account. I then added this account to my google home account.

Thanks for that.

Leonita wrote: »
      Thanks for that.

When you have your UK Google email account, then you pay by Google Pay using that account and when you click on Google Pay, enter your Irish Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Does keepsolid work on the new Chromecast ok?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Used Prime for first time in a few days and also noticed a lot of the free content unavailable in my region pop up.
      Android TV so installed NordVPN on the TV, selected UK and voila, all Prime free content back watchable

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

i have privatevpn, at first after january 1 , it didnt work, but it does now , able to access prime uk content now so long as i turn on the vpn first before opening prime video app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I have an lg tv (smart tv, not android)

Is it possible to put a vpn app on this? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Del007 wrote: »
      I have an lg tv (smart tv, not android)

Is it possible to put a vpn app on this? thanks

I've an LG and can only use GetFlix where I set the DNS on the TV to Getflix DNS and you control the settings via the Getflix app

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

In the same boat Del007. I've been testing various services this week and getflix was the only one I got working from our smart TVs.
      They have a trial period too fyi.

Advertisement