Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

grogi wrote: »
    Netflix is far too active in counter acting any proxy/vpn/dns activity for it being worth your time.

On the KeepSolid front - how solid is the iPlayer in the evenings?

But it works every time with Netflix on the android devices - just not on the Samsung TV.

Yeah, KeepSolid Smart DNS works great with the iPlayer all the time (as far as I can tell).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

But it works every time with Netflix on the android devices - just not on the Samsung TV.

Yeah, KeepSolid Smart DNS works great with the iPlayer all the time (as far as I can tell).

Oh, I see. Samsung app might be using different addresses, that are not yet figured out by the KeepSolid folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Celt1

Zardoz wrote: »
    Use code APPS40 for 40% off, brings price down to under $12

Code works with the SmartDns too
    Was this on the Stacksocial site?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Anyone able to get ITV hub working on the VPN, no problem with iplayer, would I be better getting the dns?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Anyone able to get ITV hub working on the VPN, no problem with iplayer, would I be better getting the dns?

I've used getflix for a couple of years and rarely have any issue with any of the players that isn't sorted by just updating my IP.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    I've used getflix for a couple of years and rarely have any issue with any of the players that isn't sorted by just updating my IP.

Il give getflix a try they have a 14 day trial

banie01 wrote: »

Did you have any issues setting up getflix? Everytime I chang the DNS it says saved but goes back to original tried forgetting the wifi network but no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Did you have any issues setting up getflix? Everytime I chang the DNS it says saved but goes back to original tried forgetting the wifi network but no luck

No, I haven't had any issues.
    Only advice would be to ensure you read the setup guide for your particular circumstances on the getflix website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Does the smart dns allow you to watch Netflix US on a Smart Tv?
    I have the Getflix lifetime sub but that doesn't let you watch Netflix Us on a Smart TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

My 2c: Signed up for KeepSolid on Friday and installed the app on my MiBox 3 no problem. BBC iPlayer (via Kodi) was pretty bad with the buffering on Friday night and unwatchable on Sunday afternoon on multiple UK servers. Have had to revert to the Hola app, which is not very secure sadly but which does the job.

re: Netflix, I switched over to the US Netflix and saw some sluggishness in the menus loading pictures, noticed no content differences yet. For testing purposes, anyone got any idea what I can look for that's definitely on the US Netflix that isn't available here?

• Advertisement

Does the smart dns allow you to watch Netflix US on a Smart Tv?
    I have the Getflix lifetime sub but that doesn't let you watch Netflix Us on a Smart TV.

I have the KeepSolid DNS which allows me to watch US Netflix on android devices but NOT my (Samsung) Smart TV.
    Thanks for the heads-up on the Getflix DNS - was temped to sign up to see if it worked on my Smart TV.

I don't know of any DNS that works for US Netflix on a Smart TV.
    Sappy404 wrote: »
    My 2c: Signed up for KeepSolid on Friday and installed the app on my MiBox 3 no problem. BBC iPlayer (via Kodi) was pretty bad with the buffering on Friday night and unwatchable on Sunday afternoon on multiple UK servers. Have had to revert to the Hola app, which is not very secure sadly but which does the job.

re: Netflix, I switched over to the US Netflix and saw some sluggishness in the menus loading pictures, noticed no content differences yet. For testing purposes, anyone got any idea what I can look for that's definitely on the US Netflix that isn't available here?

Check for the US version of The Office (with Steve Carell).

I have the KeepSolid DNS which allows me to watch US Netflix on android devices but NOT my (Samsung) Smart TV.
    Thanks for the heads-up on the Getflix DNS - was temped to sign up to see if it worked on my Smart TV.

I don't know of any DNS that works for US Netflix on a Smart TV.

I signed up for a Lifetime sub for Keep Solid DNS ,will test it on Smart TV later .
    Hopefully it works but not confident after what you said

The Getflix non Lifetime sub works on a Smart TV I believe.

I signed up for a Lifetime sub for Keep Solid DNS ,will test it on Smart TV later .
    Hopefully it works but not confident after what you said

The Getflix non Lifetime sub works on a Smart TV I believe.

To be clear, I have the KeepSolid DNS annual-sub. (I do have the KeepSolid VPN lifetime-sub, but can't see a way to use this VPN for the Smart TV.)

Is there a functional difference between annual-subs and lifetime subs for DNS services?

To be clear, I have the KeepSolid DNS annual-sub. (I do have the KeepSolid VPN lifetime-sub, but can't see a way to use this VPN for the Smart TV.)

Is there a functional difference between annual-subs and lifetime subs for DNS services?

I think its just Getflix that have the Netflix difference to encourage annual subs.
    Everything else is the same.
    US Netflix is supported on every device for 1, 3, 6, 12 and 24 month paid subscribers! Lifetime and trial accounts are supported on web browsers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Anyone used PureVPN?
    I got a lifetime subscription for €60 a few weeks ago.
    Works grand on the phone and PC.
    The app on the firestick seems to not have split tunneling though. Or am I missing something.
    My brother got a lifetime subscription to it about 4 years ago and says its great but he doesnt have a firestick, so i cant ask him how i use it on the firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

Pure VPN
    FYI There is a designated BBC iPlayer server. Scroll down to the end of the servers. Netflix iPlayer ect there haven't tried Netflix. Using it for two years now had Nord at the same time speed's identical

• Registered Users Posts: 45,868 ✭✭✭✭muffler

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Anyone used PureVPN?
    I've been using it for about 18 months and its great.

The app on the firestick seems to not have split tunneling though.
    Sorry, no idea what that means but in any event it works fine on the firestick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

muffler wrote: »
    I've been using it for about 18 months and its great.

Sorry, no idea what that means but in any event it works fine on the firestick for me.

Thanks.

Basically I mean can you tell the VPN to only be active for netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,868 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks.

Basically I mean can you tell the VPN to only be active for netflix.
    Dont know. Im not very technically minded but I just know its there and I dont have any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭funnyname

Bought KeepSolid VPN lifetime subscription, iplayer works great on my android devices however the All4 Channel 4 app doesn't, is there anything else I need to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

funnyname wrote: »
    Bought KeepSolid VPN lifetime subscription, iplayer works great on my android devices however the All4 Channel 4 app doesn't, is there anything else I need to do?
    all4 doesn't work with a VPN, you turn it off and it works fine in IRL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

anyone have the problem of having to randomly sign into your account as it logs itself out often

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Tried all the recent codes to no avail. Any new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 iunited

DN40

• Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cheers OP and iunited, got it for €20 there. Had been looking for something for iPlayer that was reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Check for the US version of The Office (with Steve Carell).

Pretty sure that's on Peacock now. But I found some differences confirming it works, thanks. Sadly the buffering is unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Still doesn't work on Firestick with iplayer try for last month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Still doesn't work on Firestick with iplayer try for last month
    Mine is working perfectly on FS. Are you using the streaming, iPlayer location and not a generic UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭funnyname

One issue I'm having with it is that even though I have it switched off Disney plus won't play as it says it has detected a vpn. Any solutions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Just for those asking. I have this lifetime And just tested both Netflix USA and bbc iPlayer and they both worked on my iPhone. Searched for the office on Netflix and got the American one. Turned it off and got the UK one.

On a side note. Why do people want American Netflix? Is there somewhere you can go to see what USA has access to that we don’t?

Advertisement