Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What silly things did you do as a child?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Did the smoke escape?
    Won't work without it.
    You need

Lucas Replacement Wiring Harness Smoke kit, P/N 530433,

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Around the age of 7 I had a friend who would wet himself if he got too excited or stressed. It was around Christmas because we were both in a Christmas tree box pretending we were in a racing car. We started to 'race' and got very loud and excited to win. That's when I started to feel the damp.

He wet himself and started to cry from the embarrassment. As a means to calm him down I got back into the Christmas tree box car and started to say 'its ok, it's ok. See, I wet myself too'.

I p*ssed myself sitting in a puddle of his p*ss to make him feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kamu wrote: »
    Around the age of 7 I had a friend who would wet himself if he got too excited or stressed. It was around Christmas because we were both in a Christmas tree box pretending we were in a racing car. We started to 'race' and got very loud and excited to win. That's when I started to feel the damp.

He wet himself and started to cry from the embarrassment. As a means to calm him down I got back into the Christmas tree box car and started to say 'its ok, otsy ok. See, I wet myself too'.

I p*ssed myself sitting in a puddle of his p*ss to make him feel better.

Where did he put the Christmas tree then?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Where did he put the Christmas tree then?

I've no doubt the box was left to dry outside to put the tree back in for next year. Hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

I used to roll up paper into tiny little bits, shove it up the long macaroni sticks, light it and smoke it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Stuck up a chimney on a building site aged 7/8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

S3xy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

What!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭De Danann

Barna77 wrote: »
    I put a screw in an electrical socket.

I still remember the room felt like spinning after the shock...

I put my mams hairpin in an electrical socket when I was 4-5 years old. I got knocked back, the trip switch went and my parents came running looking for me (who was supposed to be quietly sleeping in bed) when the power went out..

Did you know ?

The lead from a Lego motor fits exactly into a tape recorder mains plug. :o

No, but I expect it was an enlightening experience.

The older 13 Amp plugs didn't have the shielded pins, so a length of speaker cable into the train controller and the other ends pushed into the (shuttered) socket.
    Then push in the plug to make contact, a trick I learned from watching adults connect up gadgets that in those days were supplied without plugs, simply by shoving the wires in with another plug.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My granny used to take an elderly neighbour her dinner every day. One day i went with her and locked myself in her bathroom and made Georges Marvellous Medicine in the sink with everything i could find. I blocked the sink with it in my haste to get it down the plughole while my granny banged on the door shouting what are you doing in there all this time. The worst thing was the lady saying over and over the wain was just playing as my granny was hopping mad. I still feel guilty about it, the woman was a lovely lady and i wasted all her talcum powder and various lotions and potions people had given her for christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Played tennis on my own against a wall.

Squished bumble bees.

Tried to snog my cousin. Genuinely she is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

At a dinner party held to celebrate my 7th birthday, attended by friends and family, I accidentally used a salad fork instead of a dinner fork! :eek:
    The look of utter disgust on the faces of the other dinner guests was dreadful, but infinitely worse was the deep disappointment and shame I saw in my father's eyes.
    It haunts me to this day. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

1) My parents had a party and all my extended family came. Me and my cousins were playing hide and seek. I decided to hide in the hot press, which was in our bathroom, so I squeezed in behind the boiler, and sat there in the dark, chuffed with myself and my perfect hiding place. I was about 7.
    The boiler came on and the press became uncomfortably hot. I was about to give up and get out... when my auntie's boyfriend stumbled into the bathroom, píssed out of his mind, and proceeded to take a long, loud, leisurely sh*t. The cousins who knew where I was went into hysterics outside but didn't actually DO anything. By the time I realised what was happening it was too late to come out, so I had to sit there, in the dark, roasting the back off myself and trying to hold my breath, the smell was like somebody died.

2) I can't remember why, but when I was about 8 my ma had to go out for a while and leave me to mind my brothers (it must have been urgent because she never would have left us alone like that). A while later she rang the house to check on us:
    Ma: "How is [younger brother]?"
    Me: "Yeah he's grand."
    Ma: "And how is [youngest brother]?"
    Me: "Yeah he's grand."
    Ma: "Okay I won't be long."
    Me: "Yeah bye"

Of course I hadn't actually checked. I turn around and my youngest brother is sitting in his walker, happily eating a box of Miracle Gro.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

Got electrocuted fiddling with the fairy lights they were all of different carriages and I thought they were so unusual so I tried to wiggle one and touched a bulb wiggled it and the lights went out and my arms went as stiff as! Twas agony my mother entered the room and I had to try to act normal and pretend I did NATTIN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭2pacshakur

Probably the stupidest thing I did was after watching wrestling I hit a guy over the head with a Stool. Blood pumping everywhere.

Thought it was okay since wrestlers did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

My parents' friends came to visit us in the arsecrack of nowhere, surrounded by farmland and tiny winding roads. They brought their two huge dogs, think they were labrador x some kind of mastiff.

I was about five or six, playing in the garden outside and could hear the dogs scrabbling in the yard. At the time my favourite tv show was Whitefang and my favourite film was Born Free, I was a little animal liberationist.

These animals shouldn't be chained up says I! They're not happy, they deserve to be free!

I was a handy wee kid with locks and bolts and collars so I was. Cognitive abilities not quite so developed to realise that maybe I should lock the yard gate before I let them off their chains though, or that I wasn't going to be able to stop like 5 times my body mass of dog from legging it, I think in my head we were just going to hang around and be friends and they'd love me for letting them free.

I then decided the best course of action would be to go back inside, play in my room and pretend I knew nothing.

The 3 most likely outcomes were a) me getting badly hurt b) the dogs getting killed on the road c) a farmer shooting them. Thank Christ none of the above happened but I got myself one of the very very few spankings I got as a child.

My sister knocked herself out and gave herself shocks fairly frequently. We had a lamp in the shape of a buddha, she was playing with little marla dolls and whatever the game was took the bulb out of the lamp as part of it, one of the dolls fell into the socket bit and got squished when she was trying to get out with her fingers. Well sh1te she thinks, I'll be in trouble over messing with the lamp, I'm not supposed to mess with lamps on account of how I keep getting electric shocks, I better get some kind of implement.

Seeing her sitting there in the house where all the switches had suddenly tripped, chopstick in hand, hair sticking up around her head like the kid from Jurassic Park after he gets shocked by the fence, bulb still out of the lamp, marla melted into the bulb socket bit and telling my parents "yeah, gosh I don't know what happened there, it's weird isn't it? No, no I was just reading a book and all of a sudden the lights went out. Yeah really weird" is one of my enduring memories of her as a kid :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

OMG I loved Whitefang! I completely forgot about that programme! *has flashbacks*

I take it the dogs just sat there like idiots of course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

wiggle16 wrote: »
    OMG I loved Whitefang! I completely forgot about that programme! *has flashbacks*

I take it the dogs just sat there like idiots of course?

No, they ran, out through the gate I'd not closed and then were well able to leap the front wall to the road! Their owner just noticed quickly, hared off after them and managed to find them and get them in the van before they did any damage or got shot. They were huge dogs, not aggressive though lucky for me. And the farmers around there were NOT fcuking around if they saw a strange dog near their sheep.

Yeah Whitefang was class, I'm sure there must be bits on YouTube

Advertisement