Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What ELM got next!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Thats the thing, how long does it take me to get 2k worth of free 22kW to make up for the cost :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,731 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've just done the sums for ya, 147.8 years.

May have an update coming for Severus soon.
    In other news, there are 3 cheap EVs for sale in Merlin's on friday and I've registered to bid.

Severus is sold?

What are the cheap EVs and how much do you expect them to be sold for?

He's not sold yet, havent taken a deposit, but have a good verbal agreement that suits everyone - one of those win win type of deals.

The cheap EVs in merlin's are of course leafs! 2 24kWh and one banged up l40.

Spotted them. The silver one is in poor condition, out of NCT nearly a year and badly degraded with high mileage. Shouldn't really fetch more than about €2.5k, the black one looks much better and has an NCT, maybe €3.5k or a touch more?

Yes, would expect quite cheap for the 3 leafs

I've received a deposit for Severus and am delighted to see him going to a good home, supporting a change to a 2 EV family.
    I think this thread helped sell him, as it was a great "service history" for potential buyers to see. I always documented positive, negative, neutral experiences honestly and that helped.

I will be taking a non EV trade in so I may use that as a run around until we move house and then get back into EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I wonder will the new owner do a thread about it ;)

What Big car did Al get? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

unkel wrote: »
    What Big car did Al get? :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116817528&postcount=9
    BigAl81 wrote: »
    I'd a similar story as the OP trying to move my insurance today. All of the following would not insure a Model S online...

Aviva, Zurich, AA, AIG, FBD, , KennCo, Chill , Allianz, Quote Devil, Liberty, 25plus.ie, its4women.ie

I did get the following quotes tho...

€ 499 -- 123.ie
    € 822 -- Axa
    €1,300 -- Chill.ie via some company starting with X!?

I'm waiting to hear back from EVInsurance.ie

I rang my current insurance company (Aviva) and they told me as "Teslas are faster than a Ferrari Hurricane and will do 0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds, they most likely can't insure me and will call me back in 48 hours".

Not much choice there, but happy enough with the 123.ie quote in the end.

Seems like some old Model S. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Birka

ELM327 wrote: »
    In other news, there are 3 cheap EVs for sale in Merlin's on friday and I've registered to bid.

Did you bid on any of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Birka

Did you bid on any of them?

No, I slept in in the end.

Anyone know what they went for? Probably way too much anyway, there's lots of fools at those auctions outbidding each other and sometimes paying over retail :p

That battered one with the high mileage, lots of bars missing and out of NCT for a long time was worth no more than €2.5k, the other one about €3.5-4k

That's what had me interested. I was following the blog on the IEVOA website about the 300k leaf!.

• Advertisement

There's a Fluence ZE on the list for tomorrow. "Engine" light is on, but this is possibly just a service indicator reset. No NCT, bit rough and needs 4 new tyres. On the upside, it's unlikely there will be a representative from Renault Finance waiting for you to sign any battery lease agreement :pac: and I don't think these can be remotely disabled.

Should be had for about €1500 plus fees. Right up your street I'd say?

Aye, would be right up my street if I hadnt spent similar money on a small van in another auction.

Looked at signing up for the auction myself, but they're telling me it's strictly for trade only. Pity as that could potentially be a very cheap runabout and if all fails, could use the battery for solar PV storage

I was registered already, perhaps thats why? I do see the "trade only online only" notices alright.
    If we could skip forward a few months and we're in our new house that fluence would be perfect for my fleet of "classic" evs

Yeah, has exact same battery cells as Leaf, so quite suitable for home power wall too :D

• Advertisement

Looks like today could be the day Severus finds his new home :)
    All joking aside I hope to see posts from his new owner too!

Edit: Have received funds and he's going in an hour.
    Just removed him from my Tesla account and did a factory reset. End of an era, and the longest I've owned a car in a long time. 18 months.

He's been a great servant to us and , on balance, I think I would have no hassle owning a Tesla again, I'd just buy one that was either new and in warranty, or cheaper (like the buyer of mine did lol!) and keep funds to pay for upgrades and maintenance that is needed.

I know this thread was good to have as a record. I love a good rant, and it showed!
    Hopefully my next "what ELM gets next" thread will be less eventful.
    Now I only have my cybertruck reservation showing in my Tesla account

..And he's gone!

So strange watching Severus drive away in the hands of another! I have a nicely specced 2008 saab 93 to run around in for the next couple of months until we move house and we decide what to do EV wise.

Best of luck with him BigAl81 may he serve you as well as he did for us!!

Severus, after all this time? Always!! :(:(

/thread

Well done all! That Saab is a perfect runabout to tie you over for a few months, I wouldn't bother with a cheap Leaf for such a short time.

unkel wrote: »
    Well done all! That Saab is a perfect runabout to tie you over for a few months, I wouldn't bother with a cheap Leaf for such a short time.
    No, exactly. The saab is actually a lovely car and a credit to its prior owner.
    I'll be driving it for a few months. We dont have to drive much anymore right now as we both WFH so I won't spend too much on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

..And he's gone!

So strange watching Severus drive away in the hands of another! I have a nicely specced 2008 saab 93 to run around in for the next couple of months until we move house and we decide what to do EV wise.

Best of luck with him BigAl81 may he serve you as well as he did for us!!

Severus, after all this time? Always!! :(:(

/thread

Welcome to the pre-owned-by-ELM Club BigAl81! :D

And he, like you, got a great deal on a pre-ELMed car :P

If I opened an EV dealership I'd be bankrupted!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

... I think I would have no hassle owning a Tesla again, I'd just buy one that was either new and in warranty...

Did you not CPO it, was it not in warranty, 2 years etc?

It was in warranty, timewise, but I'd exceeded the CPO warranty miles in 6 months or less.
    They dont do CPO anymore anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Closed by OP request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement