Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What ELM got next!

123578

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 64,311 ✭✭✭✭unkel


    He'll get sick very quickly of spending €200 a week in petrol and of course €1,808 in annual motor tax :p And maintenance is no probs, he'll do all that himself for free :pac:


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo


    ELM327 wrote: »
    So, let's revisit this thread.

    It's been 7 months now that I've had the car and I've only done 21k km (thanks covid).
    No other changes to the car, 161 S90D facelift with CCS and Chademo charging, 11kW AC, AP1/EAP, cold pack, sunroof.

    I'm debating selling it. What do people think would be a good price to list at/expect to get? Especially in these times, how do people even buy/sell/view cars anyway.

    It’s only really worth swapping a high spec i3 to be honest. And I just happen to know of an i3 :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,127 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG


    Balls to you.

    Now I'm doing man-math despite knowing that it would cost too much.

    I don't mean the car would cost too much. I mean the prison time I'd do as I'd have to murder my wife before she did the same to me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen


    why u thinking of selling. i honestly think if mine hadnt been robbed i would ahve had it for ten years.. 8 years more than my longest ever kept car lol


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭jprboy


    My prediction: He'll see the error of his ways and be back in a Ioniq 28 at some point


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen


    jprboy wrote: »
    My prediction: He'll see the error of his ways and be back in a Ioniq 28 at some point

    leafboi


  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly


    ELM327 wrote: »
    So, let's revisit this thread.

    It's been 7 months now that I've had the car and I've only done 21k km (thanks covid).
    No other changes to the car, 161 S90D facelift with CCS and Chademo charging, 11kW AC, AP1/EAP, cold pack, sunroof.

    I'm debating selling it. What do people think would be a good price to list at/expect to get? Especially in these times, how do people even buy/sell/view cars anyway.

    Look, if you really, really want your Ioniq back I'd be open to a straight swap.

    <spits> Puh her there, Boss!

    :D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287


    copeyhagen wrote: »
    why u thinking of selling. i honestly think if mine hadnt been robbed i would ahve had it for ten years.. 8 years more than my longest ever kept car lol

    WFH

    No 1000km commute every week

    Cheap petrol/diesel at the pump

    Main reason anyone bought an EV in Ireland was running cost and with WFH the future for forseable, EVs don't seem too attractive anymore

    With no savings of €80 a week on dino juice whats the point paying a premium for an EV?

    Going to be a good few EVs for sale soon by crazy commuters, who don't commute no more

    Not too much Elm situation as I dont think Tesla MS is overpriced, would much prefer one to any petrol 7 series

    More the people who paid €40,000 for a Kona to do 1000km per week, that they don't have to do anymore

    Suddenly it doesnt make much financial sense anymore


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭Lumen


    Model Ss in the UK do on average 20k km per year, slightly less than the average diesel.

    https://www.racfoundation.org/research/mobility/new-car-mileage


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo


    ELM327 wrote: »
    So, let's revisit this thread.

    It's been 7 months now that I've had the car and I've only done 21k km (thanks covid).
    No other changes to the car, 161 S90D facelift with CCS and Chademo charging, 11kW AC, AP1/EAP, cold pack, sunroof.

    I'm debating selling it. What do people think would be a good price to list at/expect to get? Especially in these times, how do people even buy/sell/view cars anyway.

    To give you an idea also, 2 P90D’s sold this month from dealers for €50k.
    Midland Cars and Yomac Cars.

    One went to a boardsiee on here.
    They were advertised for €52,995.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,311 ✭✭✭✭unkel


    Facelift 2016 P90D worth a good 8k-9k more than 90D though. L even more.


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo


    unkel wrote: »
    Facelift 2016 P90D worth a good 8k-9k more than 90D though. L even more.

    Yes deffo but just to give idea.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    jprboy wrote: »
    My prediction: He'll see the error of his ways and be back in a Ioniq 28 at some point


    This is an option I'm looking at, scheduled a call with a dealer tomorrow who has an Ioniq for sale. This way I'll have the Ioniq as a daily (which I loved) and the v12 bimmer for the weekends and for long trips.


    Look, if you really, really want your Ioniq back I'd be open to a straight swap.

    <spits> Puh her there, Boss!

    :D


    She was a great car for me, I'd love to have her back if you're interested in trading up to a Tesla (ie with cash my way) please do send a pm


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    Gumbo wrote: »
    To give you an idea also, 2 P90D’s sold this month from dealers for €50k.
    Midland Cars and Yomac Cars.

    One went to a boardsiee on here.
    They were advertised for €52,995.
    unkel wrote: »
    Facelift 2016 P90D worth a good 8k-9k more than 90D though. L even more.
    Gumbo wrote: »
    Yes deffo but just to give idea.
    Yes I had seen that, pro of those cars were the performance spec, cons they were the nosecone car.


    I reckon listing mine at 49k and looking to deal through some of the various fora I post on would be my best bet.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    Mike3287 wrote: »
    WFH

    No 1000km commute every week

    Cheap petrol/diesel at the pump

    Main reason anyone bought an EV in Ireland was running cost and with WFH the future for forseable, EVs don't seem too attractive anymore

    With no savings of €80 a week on dino juice whats the point paying a premium for an EV?

    Going to be a good few EVs for sale soon by crazy commuters, who don't commute no more

    Not too much Elm situation as I dont think Tesla MS is overpriced, would much prefer one to any petrol 7 series

    More the people who paid €40,000 for a Kona to do 1000km per week, that they don't have to do anymore

    Suddenly it doesnt make much financial sense anymore


    And this chap is on the money (hi thierry, good to see you back)


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    sk8board wrote: »
    Just wondering why the decision to sell?
    notwithstanding covid for the past 2.5 months, you've had 4 months of normal ownership, (all in winter!)
    In those four months I did ~22k km and the buzz is gone.
    I usually change cars quite often, this is long for me!


    (got the S on 6th Nov,so it's coming up on 7 months ownership now)


  • Registered Users Posts: 64,311 ✭✭✭✭unkel


    ELM327 wrote: »
    This way I'll have the Ioniq as a daily (which I loved) and the v12 bimmer for the weekends and for long trips.

    Friend of mine just bought a E31 BMW 850i V12. By the time he has it done up, it will be ready for the €56 annual motor tax. E38 is only a few years behind. Both are very affordable still.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭jprboy


    ELM327 wrote: »
    This is an option I'm looking at, scheduled a call with a dealer tomorrow who has an Ioniq for sale. This way I'll have the Ioniq as a daily (which I loved) and the v12 bimmer for the weekends and for long trips.

    You do know there's a boardsie that has an Ioniq for sale?


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    jprboy wrote: »
    You do know there's a boardsie that has an Ioniq for sale?
    Yes but I'm looking for a cash my way deal.
    I'm sure he's not. Hence the dealer approach.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    unkel wrote: »
    Friend of mine just bought a E31 BMW 850i V12. By the time he has it done up, it will be ready for the €56 annual motor tax. E38 is only a few years behind. Both are very affordable still.
    Wouldnt be into the e31.
    I'd love an e38 750il - I was in one a former boardsie had a few years ago , I think it circled through some of the motors regulars.

    From a classic perspective also, a 99-00 e38 would be an easier insurance ask. There's just never any for sale here!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    (Here's my post from the Tesla owners group. 1 year to the day of ownership)



    Rant time
    Subject : “Tesla Customer Service” or “Anyone want to buy a model S?”
    Tesla Dublin

    Car booked in on the app for 4 new tires, headlights adjustment, daughterboard upgrade, and a couple of cosmetic issues. Loaner requested

    First person called me a couple of days before the appointment , ran through everything on the list. Went to go check with parts dept and said they’d call me back.
    Never called back.

    I called back the next day and asked again and was told they’d get the person I was talking to to call me back.

    Never called back.

    Called again and was transferred to the initial person who asked me to delay by two weeks. They were waiting on parts. This caused me to have to rent a car to go to a medical appointment as my cars NCT had now expired. But fine, she assured me on my new date (next Monday) that all would be done, a loaner would be available and all would be good.

    Received a call this morning saying that they don’t do the daughterboard on request, and only if they see it’s needed, will they then order it. Also no loaner.

    This is from the same Tesla that let me drive out last year with a nail in my tire causing a slow puncture. They claimed “it’s because it’s cold”

    I am beyond frustrated at this point. Great cars. Terrible customer service. For anyone spending 100k on a new S or X I pity you.

    This is my LAST Tesla. I will never again own one and have yet to decide will I sell this one now or do I wait till next year when used prices will go up here (assuming VAT and excise is due on U.K. imported sales)

    Regards

    One angry ELM

    UPDATE:
    No loaner available. I have to wait there.

    No possibility to do daughter board upgrade as it’s “not an upgradable part”

    Spoke to Juliette and Philip two weeks ago and Tariq today.

    I will most likely not have this car very long. They won’t do the upgrade and I’m not happy taking the risk with the mcu1 failing at the side of the road. — feeling sick.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Orebro


    Are you paying for the daughterboard upgrade or is it a warranty issue you're logging?


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    paying (well not paying as they wont do it)


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Orebro


    Besides the daughterboard surely everything else can be sorted at another garage?


  • Registered Users Posts: 64,311 ✭✭✭✭unkel


    In my view they are doing you a favour not doing the daughterboard. There really is no need until you are getting several signs of problems. You will not get stuck with a dead MCU1 out of the blue. I had some very minor signs myself (that they confirmed from their analysis of my logs) and it was replaced under warranty when they got the part in (took a few weeks)

    You really should get the tyres done elsewhere anyway. Easier, quicker, better job done by specialists who do this all the time and likely to save yourself several hundred euro

    From any garage, not ringing you back when they promised they would is unprofessional and not acceptable. It's not my own experience with Tesla Sandyford though and like yourself I have also dealt with Juliette, Philip and Tariq. See my thread for my experience. Which has generally been quite positive. I always require a loaner car if the work is taking more than a couple of hours and I always got one. Loaners were all free of charge as most of my work (apart from the CCS upgrade) has been warranty work, free of charge


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭ELM327


    It could be sorted somewhere else but I want it done in Tesla in one place for ease and convenience.

    I'm paying for the work so I don't understand why they wont do it. They confirmed over the air that the MCU is performing as expected (but having seen what is "within spec" I don't put much stock in their diagnosis)

    I love the car but I hate the service.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭80sDiesel


    What garage would give you a loaner car for changing some tyres ?

    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.



  • Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52


    Having scanned this thread it wouldn't be difficult to find a tad of schadenfreude in the non-Tesla, Non IONIQ EV owners who have often been at the receiving end of what could be construed as pretty disparaging remarks on not owning a Tesla or a IONIQ, or paying too much etc ( look at the great deal I DID etc ) by said owners and their acolytes.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    This is my LAST Tesla. I will never again own one and have yet to decide will I sell this one now or do I wait till next year when used prices will go up here (assuming VAT and excise is due on U.K. imported sales)

    Regards

    One angry ELM

    ...

    I will most likely not have this car very long. They won’t do the upgrade and I’m not happy taking the risk with the mcu1 failing at the side of the road. — feeling sick.

    “I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.



  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭optimal


    Having scanned this thread it wouldn't be difficult to find a tad of schadenfreude in the non-Tesla, Non IONIQ EV owners who have often been at the receiving end of what could be construed as pretty disparaging remarks on not owning a Tesla or a IONIQ, or paying too much etc ( look at the great deal I DID etc ) by said owners and their acolytes.

    But isn't it great that people are being honest - there's huge value in that!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭Lumen


    Expensive cars go wrong expensively.

    The only surprise is that Tesla don't want your money. Yet.

    In my experience, all main dealers give terrible customer service. The joy comes from the independents. The ones I've used usually have various race cars sitting in sheds out back. They're enthusiasts.

    Unfortunately Tesla doesn't supply parts to third parties, which ought to be illegal. Double unfortunately, the mainstream manufacturers see the Tesla model and will seek to emulate it. The drip drip of revenue is irresistible to the capitalist mind.


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement