Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sporter1

Looking good in the pre-market today ✅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Well done to anyone who got in today early 40’s! If I’d cash in my Degiro today I would have added more. It’s nearly back to 50 and may open above 50 tomorrow which is a very swift recovery.

What is the end of year target here? A lot of people reckon it could hit 100.

I made the most retarded play ever the other day, I was in CCIV at 17 for a few grand then on Monday day when it was $60 i sold my NIO 3k worth and put it into CCIV, I thought the news was going to drop on Tuesday and I was going to sell before market close Tuesday and then put it back into NIO.

Now I am out of NIO until the price levels up, stupidest move ever. Live and learn. Nio is my fav stock and I butchered it by greed when i didn't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I made the most retarded play ever the other day, I was in CCIV at 17 for a few grand then on Monday day when it was $60 i sold my NIO 3k worth and put it into CCIV, I thought the news was going to drop on Tuesday and I was going to sell before market close Tuesday and then put it back into NIO.

Now I am out of NIO until the price levels up, stupidest move ever. Live and learn. Nio is my fav stock and I butchered it by greed when i didn't need to.

And the award for single worst trade of the year goes to.... (Soz had to be said ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

We learn very quickly at this game!! I have been greedy a few times the last few weeks when I could have got out with profits. I just picked up some more Nio at 49. Let is be a a green Nio day!!

Tell me about it - literally the worst, I think sometimes you get these plays in your head and you don't think of anything else, never went near gamestop or amc or any of the fomo plays and then I do that..

• Advertisement

Agreed with 2 of yas tho, we all still fomo and go completely gamble at times, the main thing however is you have your few ground rules that keep you on the straight and narrow for like 98% of your trades, that's been the single biggest difference for my trading in the last 6months and like my 1st 6months when I began trading.

A serious recovery today!! Results on Monday and it could rocket then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

A serious recovery today!! Results on Monday and it could rocket then.

I think it more likely that it'll creep up a bit this week, but fall back when results are announced - assuming no surprisingly good news.

We've a fairly decent sense for where year end results will land, given periodic updates on sales, last year. Then consider fees associated with raising funds etc. There will be a loss, but hopefully a bit less than the market anticipates. Its all about the cash burn in 2020, and will be the same in 2021, I expect.

What's more important here, is news about increased sales continuing, increased subscribers to their battery as a service offering, and then increased production. Let's not forget, this is a long term play, for those who believe that this company can become a significant EV business in China / Asia, and maybe elsewhere in the world.

Those looking for a quick win may get lucky, but may also be very unlucky. Day trading, or similar short term positions, are very rarely a good idea and particularly, if you don't have a lot of money. The initial excitment about new EV companies is settling down, with lots of them around, and only a small number of EV companies really doing anything of substance, or having genuine potential.

Buy NIO, ideally at what appears to be a decent price (perhaps now), and hold it for 3-5 years, is my view. If you want to try for a quick profit, head over to PaddyPowerDotCom.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

It's gone down to 47$

I will wait until next week and decide whether to hold or sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

It's gone down to 47$

I will wait until next week and decide whether to hold or sell.

I sold today at break even in around 48. I'm a bit worried that as tesla is going down it will bring down all companies associated.

I do think long term it will bounce back though. I think Nio have a financial update due on Monday so if that's positive I'd imagine it will bounce.

But the drop to 41 earlier this week scared me a bit so I'll take break even for now.

• Advertisement

I bought NIO the whole way up from 5$ to 40, I'm not selling out anyday soon and will never trim more than like half at most, and am unlikely to do that unless the share price inflates to end up representing far too large my portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Timmaay wrote: »
    I bought NIO the whole way up from 5$ to 40, I'm not selling out anyday soon and will never trim more than like half at most, and am unlikely to do that unless the share price inflates to end up representing far too large my portfolio.

Nice buy prices. If I was in that position I'd do the same. Good long term potential. Just don't want to see too many positions going negative at the moment.

garrettod wrote: »

I saw the accounts are unaudited. I assume this is normal for such Companies in China? It surged pass 50 initially after closing but then dropped back a bit. I’m hoping to opens under 47 tomorrow so I can pick up some more to bring down my BEP!

I am thinking to sell my 10x Nio.

I bought them at $60 and I doubt it will go up to that range anytime soon.

This is a long term hold. Be patient!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Hard to tell if it will ever go back up, the hype was that it would go to $100 but down another 5% in afterhours trading after missing earnings. Not that it earns anything near what would justify the huge market cap, it's all based on future earnings, so it's really down to do you believe the hype or not.

How long are you holding?

What's the investment agenda?

This has always been a long term investment project, as you've bought into a company that wants to grow a relatively new market - and that takes time.

Anyone who bought into NIO looking for a massive short term gain, may have gotten lucky in times past, but it was just that - luck. They may have been equally lucky, had they done the Lottery.

Their car sales, production facilities and financial results, are all going the right way. For me, that's all what I wanted to see, with a relatively long term investment.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭JoeCole26

Very promising results imo -

46% increase in revenue in Q4
    50% increase on vehicles delivered compared to Q3 (17,353 v 12,221)
    47% increase in revenue compared to Q3, up to $1.1bn
    Also, increase in gross margin, decrease in loss of operations and net loss.

Okay, it didn't beat EPS, but sure what do the analysts know. Above is very positive to me, people read the fact they missed EPS but when/if they read into the actual results its great. I wouldnt be surprised if it closes up by EOD.

Chip shortage gonna hit them later in the year is the only big negative, but expect that with many other EVs.

• Advertisement

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Very promising results imo -

46% increase in revenue in Q4
    50% increase on vehicles delivered compared to Q3 (17,353 v 12,221)
    47% increase in revenue compared to Q3, up to $1.1bn
    Also, increase in gross margin, decrease in loss of operations and net loss.

Okay, it didn't beat EPS, but sure what do the analysts know. Above is very positive to me, people read the fact they missed EPS but when/if they read into the actual results its great. I wouldnt be surprised if it closes up by EOD.

Yes it can be seen as positive. What's not positive is the way the market reacts, for a growth company missing EPS shouldn't make much difference as long as they are growing. Investors are nervous here, you could see another sell off

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Yes it can be seen as positive. What's not positive is the way the market reacts, for a growth company missing EPS shouldn't make much difference as long as they are growing. Investors are nervous here, you could see another sell off

Speculators are nervous, you are confusing the two

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Speculators are nervous, you are confusing the two

lol you're sharp:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

8% down today. What's the general consensus here lads? Are we pilling in...or cashing in?.

My BEP is about $50, soo don't like the idea of crystallising a loss....when this sucker could be flying again in a few days time.

I invested in Nio as there were rumours that it will spike to 100$ in March 2021.

But at the moment I see that it's down by 30% for me :(

Give Nio time, when you hear anyone talking about EV stocks whether its top investors or people getting interviewed what's the one company always mentioned with Tesla, it took Tesla a long time and if you don't want to hold it for years there is better stocks for short term profit.

... if you don't want to hold it for years there is better stocks for short term profit.

Or Losses 😉

Thanks,

G.

I invested in Nio as there were rumours that it will spike to 100$ in March 2021...

No offence intended here, but do you not think that it was a bit naive, buying a stock on rumours that the price would be $100 by 31st March?

Other than people plucking numbers or of thin air, how anyone could have come up with a price like that, on that short time frame, is beyond me.

If you can afford to leave your money in for a few years, then do so, and you should enjoy the benefits.

If you can't afford to leave your money in, you may be better off cashing in now and just learning a bit of an expensive lesson.

While I think there may have been a bit of an over reaction, with people selling, I don't expect to see the share back at $60 for a good few months, tbh.

Thanks,

G.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Chip shortage gonna hit them later in the year is the only big negative, but expect that with many other EVs.

Only going to hit them for q2, where they are projecting 7.5k deliveries instead of 10k, and should be ok by July. Have to say I'm impressed with Will Li's blunt honestly here, and the numbers or timeframe isn't as bad a I'd feared, that will still basically be record monthly deliveries at 7.5k. I think this current selloff is an overreaction. Yep 100$ end of March was never realistic, end of the year hopefully though if NIO get their new factory up and running and start looking at the likes of 600k deliveries per year, or 50k/month in the likes of 2023, that will be a hell of alot sooner in the companies life than Tesla managed their 490k deliveries last year.

• Advertisement

Another sell off on the way, short volume interest up to 24% now.
    Gonna be a lot of bag holders here after the 2020 run up.

Advertisement