Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NIO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Trump won't get out lol. Definitely hold tight and do not panic sell due to an overreaction like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

It's down by almost 5%
    I feel there is some risk? I have couple of shares with Nio.

I think the risk is you don't have enough shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Ok
    cronos wrote: »
    I think the risk is you don't have enough shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

It's down by almost 5%
    I feel there is some risk? I have couple of shares with Nio.

538602.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Nio is going to be worth far more than $50 dollars in a few years, read up on what they are doing, the ties with the Chinese government, in the biggest EV market in the world, Incentives that other companies don't have. You can buy the car without the battery and save a crazy amount and also be under the incentive limit that the others like tesla and xpeng cannot do, they then make 150 a month on doing the battery swap service which 30-40% of customers sign up to and the Chinese government are helping them roll these out. They are likely to showcase their new 150wt battery on Nio day and all there batteries can be used in the swap stations. You could use a small one then switch to a bigger one if you wanted to drive longer.

• Advertisement

NIO Day live stream, on now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭crushproof

NIO Day live stream, on now

Is this for the new iPhone or a car? Very slick

Incredible specs on the ET7 car.
    €57.000 and €64.000

Bits I remember....

0-100 km : 3.9s
    650bhp
    Nvidia Adam super computer equal to 7 Tesla FSD computers, 8096 CUDA cores.
    Aquila sensing including - 32 sensors
    Upgraded Swap Station - Self parking
    NIO Autonomous Driving full stack
    8Gb of driving data a second processed.
    New 150kWh solid state battery with 1000+km range
    0.23 Cd
    HDR HUD displays.
    Lider and x11 cameras
    7.1 surround sound
    Brembo brakes
    Full air suspension (active, 500 times a second reacts to road)
    Full glass roof with 97% UV protection.
    5G, WiFi 6
    Lifetime warranty

Pre-order now, first deliveries in Q1 '22

https://twitter.com/InvestorNio/status/1347885805747007488?s=20

https://twitter.com/InvestorNio/status/1347885627082211329?s=20

Share price will blow up on Monday imho

538875.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭OEP

Do you reckon today's announcements are already priced in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Did they launch any affordable models ..to rival Tesla model 3 ?
    Surely if doing battery swap a huge chunk of the cost is saved leaving them more affordable.

More of a premium brand vs Tesla. (in China at least)

Quote from elsewhere....

There were "4.4 million Chinese are watching the stream on weibo. Many are commenting they want to buy the car and just want to know the price .. Hoping it's more affordable .they are very excited"
    OEP wrote: »
    Do you reckon today's announcements are already priced in?

Personally, I don't believe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

So, i was still very bullish when i watched Nio Day this morning but just watched a youtuber i follow whos a big tesla/nio bull and his fundamental analysis is always very good. Have a look as it paints a different light.

Maybe some of this will be cleared up by Nio soon and some was lost in translation but well worth a watch. I haven't seen anyone else question what he brings up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyU9lSXcbVs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I think they are jumping the gun with solid state batteries. I don’t think the tech availability matches their time line

Also wouldn’t solid state batteries render battery swapping stations unnecessary. As the charge time is minimal

ted1 wrote: »
    I think they are jumping the gun with solid state batteries. I don’t think the tech availability matches their time line

Also wouldn’t solid state batteries render battery swapping stations unnecessary. As the charge time is minimal

The swapping will cover more than just reducing charge times. Gives flexibility to have different battery distances. If you are only a commuter you need one battery type, if you want to then travel long distance you want another etc...

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    So, i was still very bullish when i watched Nio Day this morning but just watched a youtuber i follow whos a big tesla/nio bull and his fundamental analysis is always very good. Have a look as it paints a different light.

Maybe some of this will be cleared up by Nio soon and some was lost in translation but well worth a watch. I haven't seen anyone else question what he brings up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyU9lSXcbVs

Hmm interesting watch. Makes me think Nio should buy CATL and cut off the competition. Probably not an actual option but would be an interesting maneuver.

Actually looking at market cap it would be the other way around haha

cronos wrote: »
    The swapping will cover more than just reducing charge times. Gives flexibility to have different battery distances. If you are only a commuter you need one battery type, if you want to then travel long distance you want another etc...

I can’t see the demand for that justifying the battery Swapping. It adds needless costs and complexities, so much that I’d be reluctant to invest. ( I don’t think they’ll lose sleep overthat)

A solid state should charge the n less than 10 minutes. So there’s really not much time savings

ted1 wrote: »
    I can’t see the demand for that justifying the battery Swapping. It adds needless costs and complexities, so much that I’d be reluctant to invest. ( I don’t think they’ll lose sleep overthat)

Well that and the option to upgrade the car as new tech becomes available or as old batteries die. But yes how much demand is open to question, but are they don't have loads of these stations versus the population anyway. It's not like they were going to have the same frequency as petrol stations do currently. Would be more of an issue if they had built all the stations already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

150kw battery pack tops Tesla, I believe.

... That's a big selling point, for the months ahead..

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement

garrettod wrote: »
    150kw battery pack tops Tesla, I believe.

... That's a big selling point, for the months ahead..

The video mentioned earlier suggests Nio don't themselves make batteries. I'm confused if in fact they will be making batteries themselves now or if they are getting it from a third party (mentioned in the video).

NIO's still have a normal plug charger also, so you can buy the battery and work away as normal, which would work well in countries or locations that don't have NIO battery swap locations. My question would be how much extra does it cost to have a removable battery in the car, against say a Tesla where its fully integrated and actually a stressed member of the chassis? And how much extra will the battery as a service revenues generate above this cost, we are hopefully talking about like 10x the cost of a more complex battery setup ha.

Timmaay wrote: »
    NIO's still have a normal plug charger also, so you can buy the battery and work away as normal, which would work well in countries or locations that don't have NIO battery swap locations. My question would be how much extra does it cost to have a removable battery in the car, against say a Tesla where its fully integrated and actually a stressed member of the chassis? And how much extra will the battery as a service revenues generate above this cost, we are hopefully talking about like 10x the cost of a more complex battery setup ha.

Tesla had a battery swap and ditched it
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/videos/battery-swap-event

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/teslas-battery-swapping-plan-isnt-working-out-2015-6%3famp

The cars can still do it. However moving foreword their design of integrating the larger batteries wouldn’t allow them.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

What platform is good to buy this on?

I joined Plus500 and I'm just waiting for my account to be verified but eToro did all that and then wouldn't let me buy as I'm in Ireland :/

CATL do the batteries for Nio and loads of Companies, they do some of Teslas as well, not sure if all of teslas. So what he was pointing out was that everyone can get the 150kw tech unless Nio have some sort of deal with CATL that only they will get it. I'm sure we'll know at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭crushproof

Good insight here from CNBC into the background of the company and the current plans. They've made some very smart moves in regards to shifting money about and making smart deals with manufacturers in China. It's painful to see how low the share price was at the tail end of 2019!

What platform is good to buy this on?

I joined Plus500 and I'm just waiting for my account to be verified but eToro did all that and then wouldn't let me buy as I'm in Ireland :/

Degiro, trading 212 (make sure the invest, not CFDs), or Revolut all good

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bawa

crushproof wrote: »
    Good insight here from CNBC into the background of the company and the current plans. They've made some very smart moves in regards to shifting money about and making smart deals with manufacturers in China. It's painful to see how low the share price was at the tail end of 2019!

The company may be fine but the stock is ridiculous. Look at the P/Sales ratio. It's insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭OEP

Bawa wrote: »
    The company may be fine but the stock is ridiculous. Look at the P/Sales ratio. It's insane!

People have been screaming that for years about Tesla too. I'm not saying this won't all pop but it could equally still keep going up for a long time yet

• Advertisement

There she goes, 64$ premarket. Bank of America upgrade to 70$ also.

Advertisement