Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Yes, I understand the internet. Why are they cancelling other peoples orders then too. Just moaning

Got as far as checkout there a few minutes ago and by the time i had shipping address in, it told me it was out of stock.... Why would they put it back online if they have no stock...?
    Yes, I understand the internet. Why are they cancelling other peoples orders then too. Just moaning

I was merely answering your question. They put it back online because they had stock.

The orders that have recently been cancelled are not due to stock levels. If you have a look back through this thread you'll see peoples orders were randomly cancelled or not going through when the deal was first posted when there was plenty of stock. It's just pot luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Probably cancelled orders when there was no stock then added a new shipment of stock so the cancelled orders are in limbo of stagnant refund while new shipment is available to order

I was merely answering your question. They put it back online because they had stock.

The orders that have recently been cancelled are not due to stock levels. If you have a look back through this thread you'll see peoples orders were randomly cancelled or not going through when the deal was first posted when there was plenty of stock. It's just pot luck.

Cool, no worries. I got one last week. Great phone and now want a second.... have tracker things running so hopefully they come available again and I can get through checkout in time.

Probably cancelled orders when there was no stock then added a new shipment of stock so the cancelled orders are in limbo of stagnant refund while new shipment is available to order

The Pixel 3A was discontinued six weeks ago so it's unlikely they got a new shipment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

They had stock but they sold out while you were checking out.

Normally this would be the case but not with Vodafone. They seem to complete orders based on a random number generator!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

. have tracker things running so hopefully they come available again and I can get through checkout in time.

Hi, out of interest how do you do this? What trackers are you using? Didn’t know you could do this.. thanks!

emclau wrote: »
    Hi, out of interest how do you do this? What trackers are you using? Didn’t know you could do this.. thanks!
    I didn't know either, someone mentioned it earlier ..... I set this up
    https://visualping.io/
    And had an extension for chrome checking too during work but can't remember the name.of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

glasso wrote: »
    this is actually a reasonably decent case and the phone looks good in it in that colour

they are more substantial than the average jelly silicone type case and raised on the front side so will protect against a fall on a level surface

Got mine in the post today. Very happy with the quality of it. It is a quality product I have to say.

Got one on blue and clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 panman

In stock again this morning.

• Advertisement

panman wrote: »
    In stock again this morning.

Got an order in, no confirmation email so will see I suppose. Can see it on the account though. Another eir sim on order for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got an order in, no confirmation email so will see I suppose. Can see it on the account though. Another eir sim on order for the next one.

getting dreaded payment error again !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I got through all of the porting and payment options, and I got the order number, but no email was received.
    Any suggestions as to where you can see it 'on the account'?

I got through all of the porting and payment options, and I got the order number, but no email was received.
    Any suggestions as to where you can see it 'on the account'?

After placing the order (with a new email address) I went to login and "forgot password" link and got a token emailed out, put this number in and set a password. Could then login to the account and the order was there.

Out of stock again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

It was in my basket from yesterday so I just continued with the purchase. Of course it doesn't ask you to confirm details before you buy, and it had forgotten the code I entered yesterday and charged me €229 :( I don't fancy my chances of contacting anyone at Vodafone so I just tried again with the code and used a different card. Might get 2 phones, might get both orders cancelled. Lets see.

Missed again...i think EIR sim is the only way to get this without errors !

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

I managed to an order one in. My basket was saved yesterday for €129.99.
    I ordered at about 10:30 today using a tesco mobile sim.

Should I be safe?

Thanks

Should I be safe?

Thanks

Complete lottery.

I ordered around 11:15am today, shows as submitted on my account. No confirmation email. Could show up tomorrow or not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

DK224 wrote: »
    Strongly recommend the Spiegen Tough Armor version. I managed to drop the Pixel 3a out a first floor window when closing it and it survived my stupidity without a scratch!

got this case on your recommendation, very happy with it.
    there's something about modern phones, they're all slippery to my hands and inevitably get acquainted with the ground withing 2 days of me buying them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

They cancel randomly , does not matter which network sim you use. They dont even mail you to tell you its cancelled. Best way is to set up an account with same email and check there.

• Advertisement

there's something about modern phones, they're all slippery to my hands and inevitably get acquainted with the ground withing 2 days of me buying them :mad:
    Yea, its a slippery bugger. Ordered this one with warehouse https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Z7T8010/ and its good. Got the mobilefun ones too, not bad at all either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Mobile fun silicone ones are very decent. Phone fell out of my pocket on a ride in Tayto park and it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Doesn't seem to be available now.

Available again... at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yep, seems a very good case, got it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,027 ✭✭✭✭event

Got a 3 SIM, so put it in to my phone now to get a verification code.
    but say I need an NCK to unlock it?

The one I have from vodafone doesnt work

event wrote: »
    Got a 3 SIM, so put it in to my phone now to get a verification code.
    but say I need an NCK to unlock it?

The one I have from vodafone doesnt work

The phone you're putting the 3 SIM into needs to be locked to 3, or SIM unlocked.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,027 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah the vodafone one I have should be. Ah well, I'll put it in to my parents later and get the code that way, cheers

Should I be safe?

Thanks

Are you using same account or creating new one ? I had one which i used last time but always get error or cannot login ...its absolute madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,804 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just ordered the and got an immediate confirmation, using a new eir sim

Might just be lucky of course, but worth a try now if you're looking

(...and, of course, I may be tempting fate by saying I've been lucky, given the cancellations other people have had)

Advertisement