Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I just logged in to the vodafone account I made when ordering and go to the "orders" and it shows Tracking 000xyz000, click the number and brings me to An post tracking and parcel is on its way. Still says "Order Completed - Awaiting Pickup - 2020-08-01" on Delivery Status on Vodafone site though so click the tracking if you can log in and that might sort you.

i am not able to register as i dont get token within time...it comes 20-30 mins later...balls

ok went to chat and they told me its cancelled....so looks like same issue as last time when 48 ported SIMS were rejected....anyone got this successfully with lyca ?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Has anyone managed to get to the payment screen after filling out all details?
    Each time I try (different browsers etc) I get an error and they advise to contact support. this is before you even enter card details - clicking the red "Go to payment" button

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnsheeehan306

ok went to chat and they told me its cancelled....so looks like same issue as last time when 48 ported SIMS were rejected....anyone got this successfully with lyca ?

I switch with a lyca number I had over the weekend and received my phone this morning. Phone comes unlocked so I'm using my gomo sim in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

They cancel these seconds after accepting order - its cancelled automatically. Why not just reject the order before taking money?

You get your money stuck for 7 days for no reason. They dont even mail you to say its cancelled. You have to check the status yourself by making an account. Tried 3 times with 3 different numbers 2 with Eir and 1 with Three and even different email addresses.

Its all random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Anyone get this in store yet or is it online only

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone get this in store yet or is it online only

Online only as far as I know and also be prepared to get your money stuck for a few days after they cancel your order. Some people have to order 2-3 times before they get one with other orders being cancelled and wait for refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

ionapaul wrote: »
    Just bought one for my wife (and almost one for myself - I got one when this amazing deal was €179 for the phone! But dropped it two weeks ago and have one crack on the screen, now covered in tempered glass and not spreading. But it is so cheap I'd almost just replace it...) and used a spare Lyca sim. Worked no problem.
    Ordered using Lyca sim yesterday morning, arrived a few hours ago. Very speedy!

Trying lyca and getting payment error now on final page...

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Each time I try (different browsers etc) I get an error and they advise to contact support. this is before you even enter card details - clicking the red "Go to payment" button

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

fmul9798 wrote: »

Twice.

Can't complete the registration though. It errors. It doesn't accept the token. They've sent me about 4 or 5 tokens. One every 4 hours or so yesterday.

I can't contact support without registering. Shops don't answer their phone.

I guess we'll leave it a week and then if nothing happens, reverse the charge.

Amateur night. What a shambles.

Same here

I got that a few times. Once or twice the email was already registered. its been 10yrs + since I was on Vodafone. Which makes me think they don't delete old records. New email also failed. So might be just a generic error.

beauf wrote: »
    Twice.

Can't complete the registration though. It errors. It doesn't accept the token. They've sent me about 4 or 5 tokens. One every 4 hours or so yesterday.

I can't contact support without registering. Shops don't answer their phone.

I guess we'll leave it a week and then if nothing happens, reverse the charge.

Amateur night. What a shambles.

I ordered mine last October and it was no different. I ended up with 2 3a's arriving on the same day because it wasn't even clear that my first order went through.

Back then they had a pretty new main website, but ordering PAYG phones was through their old interface. A few months ago, it was all using the new site....but from what I hear, they have reverted to the old site for orders again. It really is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just put my order through. No email to confirm but I did reach the confirmation page and saved that. A couple of issues...I got sent the verification code but nowhere to put it in. A refresh sorted that. Put the code in and picked to switch over asap...it then said that the number didn't match the network. Another refresh, picked a date in the future and it worked.

I can't register for my vodafone though as my number is not on Vodafone so I guess we play the waiting game for the phone.

How long does delivery usually take for the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Has anyone actually gotten delivery of their phone yet? I ordered min one saturday morning, logging in to my vodafone shows it as 'submitted - awaiting pickup' for the last 2 days, and the an post tracking number gives an error.

They took the money instantly though.

Edit - nevermind - an post have just updated saying that its out for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Has anyone actually gotten delivery of their phone yet? I ordered min one saturday morning, logging in to my vodafone shows it as 'submitted - awaiting pickup' for the last 2 days, and the an post tracking number gives an error.

They took the money instantly though.

Had mine showing same error tracking only worked this morning literally was delivered an hour after tracking started working

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ed1140

Out of stock, so I’ve ordered the P30 lite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

ed1140 wrote: »
    Out of stock, so I’ve ordered the P30 lite

Looks to be in stock on the website again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Got one yesterday morning. Lovely phone. Great camera i have to say.

Hard to get a cover on a B&M shop. Mobilefun have covers for €1.99 each. Buy 2 and get free delivery.

long_b wrote: »
    Looks to be in stock on the website again.

Nopes still OOS

• Advertisement

Nopes still OOS

9 hours between our posts
    It's OOS *now*.
    It was in stock *then*

9 hours between our posts
    It's OOS *now*.
    It was in stock *then*

In the past, it was constantly come in and out of stock. I found that turning on the email notification for when it's back in stock was useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Basil3 wrote: »
    In the past, it was constantly come in and out of stock. I found that turning on the email notification for when it's back in stock was useful.

How do you do that. I cant see anywhere to do that..

How do you do that. I cant see anywhere to do that..

Can't actually see it now. It definitely used to be there....I guess it's another 'improvement' that comes with the site updates.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Can't actually see it now. It definitely used to be there....I guess it's another 'improvement' that comes with the site updates.

If you're using your phone did you try requesting the desktop site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Tried both, does it show up for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

It's not on desktop site either. Just shows as in store only. It was back in stock briefly there but by time i got to card payment it was pulled from my basket.

Tried both, does it show up for you?

Nope - as the poster above said the "email when in stock" must have been removed.

You could try www.visualping.com or similar ?

Update on mine - I dunno when I ordered. About a week ago. After a lot emails about registering and tokens all of which that failed. Got one last night and tried it this morning and just tried it and the registration worked. They seem to have collated my old account from 10yrs ago and my two orders into the one login as I have 3 accounts under the same registration. At least now I should be able to contact support.

Be interesting to see what happens next. How do they sent these out? Courier, an post how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

beauf wrote: »
    Update on mine - I dunno when I ordered. About a week ago. After a lot emails about registering and tokens all of which that failed. Got one last night and tried it this morning and just tried it and the registration worked. They seem to have collated my old account from 10yrs ago and my two orders into the one login as I have 3 accounts under the same registration. At least now I should be able to contact support.

Be interesting to see what happens next. How do they sent these out? Courier, an post how?

I haven't been able to register for the site either (my email was used for vodafone broadband before). The registration token takes hours to arrive.

However, I ordered one for my wife too and she got registered no problem. That was Wednesday we ordered. Getting delivered by An Post. The tracking on hers says "07 August 2020 04:59

We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery".

Hopefully that means it will be here today.

Advertisement