Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

What are the chances of these coming back in to stock again, want to get another one?
    Have set up the visualping on the page so that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Is the Huawei unlocked also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

What are the chances of these coming back in to stock again, want to get another one?
    Have set up the visualping on the page so that might help.

Very possible they will show up again

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Is the Huawei unlocked also?

No, ~ €25 - €30 to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

beauf wrote: »
    Update on mine - I dunno when I ordered. About a week ago. After a lot emails about registering and tokens all of which that failed. Got one last night and tried it this morning and just tried it and the registration worked. They seem to have collated my old account from 10yrs ago and my two orders into the one login as I have 3 accounts under the same registration. At least now I should be able to contact support.

Be interesting to see what happens next. How do they sent these out? Courier, an post how?

An post delivered mine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Raoul wrote: »
    I haven't been able to register for the site either (my email was used for vodafone broadband before). The registration token takes hours to arrive.

However, I ordered one for my wife too and she got registered no problem. That was Wednesday we ordered. Getting delivered by An Post. The tracking on hers says "07 August 2020 04:59

We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery".

Hopefully that means it will be here today.

Someone obviously reconciled mine in the background. So someone is working on it.

I don't even need the phones. I just want to experiment with the camera. We have Redmi Note 5's and really they are fine. The camera could be better is the only weakness. The selfie camera is particularly bad.

Few years back it was hard to get a decent budget phone. Now they are all pretty decent.

Anyone bought a cover for theirs?

No, ~ €25 - €30 to unlock.

Or free if you know someone with a My Vodafone account (and who meets the criteria for an unlock)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I got this one for mine back in Dec when they were €180, good fit and not too intrusive, wouldn't notice it on the phone.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S16GN22/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also got the same phone as presents for the folks and got them this cover. Nice fit again and wearing well, they preferred a flip cover for added protection.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RK787WM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In addition to the cover I also got this screen protector, worked well although mine has since cracked so going to purchase another set
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PZTQR2S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has any one ordered an Eir sim in the past week and actually got it delivered? I ordered one on Sat as was thinking of buying another phone given the price but no porting sim received. I had awful trouble receiving a sim from Eir back in Dec also and had to get family member to order one on my behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The deal looks to be officially over. Vodafone have removed the product page altogether and removed it from offers page also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Feck. It is gone.

Has any one ordered an Eir sim in the past week and actually got it delivered? I ordered one on Sat as was thinking of buying another phone given the price but no porting sim received. I had awful trouble receiving a sim from Eir back in Dec also and had to get family member to order one on my behalf.

Ordered one on Wed, delivered this morning. I've ordered a few in the past that were never delivered....possibly because I was using an email address or phone number that i've used in the past.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Rugged-Armor-Compatible-Google/dp/B07MJ7V552/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=pixel+3a+spigen&qid=1596796127&s=electronics&sr=1-3

Spigen Rugged Armor. Have had this case on no less than half a dozen phones, love it.

Its gone from the site now so no chance to buy another one for now anyways.https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-phones.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

https://ie.mobilefun.com/olixar-flexishield-google-pixel-3a-gel-case-blue-70727

I bought 2 of these. Free delivery if you buy two.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

It's well worth buying one of the Spigen cases as the pixel 3a is quite fragile.

https://amz.run/3T0l

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mine arrived today. Pretty good service. With getting the phone so cheap, I am tempted to not have a cover on it! :/ Maybe that is crazy. But they are just so much nicer without the covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Yeah I ordered one Tues evening and it arrived Thursday, just in time for the phone to be taken off the site :(

Incidentally if anyone ordered the 3a and has changed their mind, please let me know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Shpongler wrote: »
    It's well worth buying one of the Spigen cases as the pixel 3a is quite fragile.

https://amz.run/3T0l
    Strongly recommend the Spiegen Tough Armor version. I managed to drop the Pixel 3a out a first floor window when closing it and it survived my stupidity without a scratch!

• Advertisement

Its back on the site but out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭bromley52

It was back this morning just after 10:00. I managed to get one for a family member.

bromley52 wrote: »
    It was back this morning just after 10:00. I managed to get one for a family member.

Thanks for letting us know in the morning :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭bromley52

dan786 wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know in the morning :rolleyes:

I tried but I couldn't log in due to some boards service issue.

Boards is limping along at the moment.

this is actually a reasonably decent case and the phone looks good in it in that colour

they are more substantial than the average jelly silicone type case and raised on the front side so will protect against a fall on a level surface

Both of my previous orders have been cancelled. Was able to complete a third one and get an order number.

Still have pending charges on the CC for the earlier ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

Ordered last Sat night - order cancelled today (9 days later)... w**kers.. no email or any explanation..

Got as far as checkout there a few minutes ago and by the time i had shipping address in, it told me it was out of stock.... Why would they put it back online if they have no stock...?

• Advertisement

Got as far as checkout there a few minutes ago and by the time i had shipping address in, it told me it was out of stock.... Why would they put it back online if they have no stock...?

They had stock but they sold out while you were checking out.

Advertisement