Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

How can that moron mmoc be seen as a dead cert for re-election?!

Did she try sue anyone for back related injuries after she drove down steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,203 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Idbatterim wrote: »
    How can that moron mmoc be seen as a dead cert for re-election?!

Did she try sue anyone for back related injuries after she drove down steps?

different lady FG TD I believe !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

2smiggy wrote: »
    different lady FG TD I believe !!

No it was indeed the other female FG TD in Dun Laoghaire. Mary Mitchell O'Connor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

nuac wrote: »
    She had a PR guru with her. When he saw and heard the disaster unfolding he should have stopped the interview.
    Any excuse from "bad line" to a "bad turn".

'Tired and emotional' is a hardy annual.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Didn't hear it myself, but apparently Brian Hayes and Brendan O'Connor were on Marian Finnucanes radio show yesterday whinging that the "treatment and condemnation of Maria Bailey could scare other women off politics and becoming politicians"

If only their was a way to avoid the scrutiny and condemnation lads.

FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah smarmy Brian Hayes, the FG Director of Elections in 2016 and the genius behind the disastrous 'Keep the Recovery Going' slogan :rolleyes:

So on one hand they push gender quotas and on the other when their female candidate cant handle the rough and tumble of politics then we are not allowed to scrutinise alleged insurance fraud and an attempted 20 grand shakedown of a local business. Are they fearful that the whole episode might discourage other alleged fraudsters from signing up to politics or something? Or did it even occur to them that Maria might actually be to blame for her own downfall at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Those two yahoos are the ones relating it to gender. Are we to treat people differently because they are female or do they think if Bailey was male we'd not be interested? Snake oil salesmen shilling for big blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭jmreire

Didn't hear it myself, but apparently Brian Hayes and Brendan O'Connor were on Marian Finnucanes radio show yesterday whinging that the "treatment and condemnation of Maria Bailey could scare other women off politics and becoming politicians"

If only their was a way to avoid the scrutiny and condemnation lads.

FFS.

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel now....the worry meter must be red lining.The way things are, it's not the turning women off politic's they need to think about, it's the turning of people off politician's.. All of them. And to be honest, by the recent activity, both inside and outside the Dail, they have done nothing to change Peoples opinion of them.

Not sure if I should be saying who exactly will know their fate tomorrow night, because the manure is going to hit the fan for s few of them, but apparently Maria's fate will be decided tomorrow night.

Do they keep her on the ticket to stop her spilling the beans?

Or will she be made to walk the plank, and reveal these details of her claim that aren't yet in the public domain?

Popcorn and beer tomorrow evening perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Even if she revealed the complete details of the claim it will only confirm that she is a greedy lying person - who may or may not have got informal legal assistance from a fellow TD. So what, she still lied on court documents and played the victim - she would do well to just go away.

I actually have an issue in my business which I call the "Maria Bailey effect" - ie not sure who's insurance covers a walkway near my building so the side door stays locked - come in the front door where my insurance definitely kicks in.

This is the nonsence that business owners have to resort to to try and limit numpties taking advantage - I hope she gets further ridicule and just goes away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Now FF appear to have their own Maria Bailey, Sen Lorraine Clifford Lee now giving them lots of bother over 9 year old tweets. She’s playing the victim card but she wasn’t a teenager when she sent the tweets she was a grown up woman of 30.

Any link to Sen Lorraine Clifford - I was so incensed by Maria Bailey when the story first broke that I emailed her - under my own name - to tell her just how disgusting her behaviour was. I'm sick to death of my insurance going skywards to pay for crooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm not racist BUT .....

I don't have a problem with her tweets - especially as she was a member of the public when stated and the fact that, as far as I could see, its nothing I wouldn't say but probably not online but only due to recriminations.

Traveller culture is a scourge on our landscape - sorry if that's offensive but I can't stand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Any link to Sen Lorraine Clifford - I was so incensed by Maria Bailey when the story first broke that I emailed her - under my own name - to tell her just how disgusting her behaviour was. I'm sick to death of my insurance going skywards to pay for crooks.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/senator-apologises-for-traveller-and-dwarf-tweets-but-claims-she-is-victim-of-smear-campaign-38679061.html

Surely this is a good luck and slán leat.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So she apologised for the tweet therefore acknowledging they are real but yet claims she the victim of a smear attack ? Is it possible she wrote things online of her own free will that were questionable at best and they have come to light ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So she apologised for the tweet therefore acknowledging they are real but yet claims she the victim of a smear attack ? Is it possible she wrote things online of her own free will that were questionable at best and they have come to light ?

As a private person I think she wasn't doing anything outside of bad taste. I agree with her 'fat arse' comment.
    As a politician she should be held to higher standards. I mean I doubt she'll be a genuine advocate for the midgets or the 'knackers', so be interesting to see where they put her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Not sure if I should be saying who exactly will know their fate tomorrow night, because the manure is going to hit the fan for s few of them, but apparently Maria's fate will be decided tomorrow night.

Or will she be made to walk the plank, and reveal these details of her claim that aren't yet in the public domain?

Out out Maria and into the Seanad with you. A typically FG solution I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Itssoeasy wrote: »

exactly..."smear" is now being found out but because you are politician someone is trying to discredit you. bizarre. she should be chucked out of the senate, no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Tonight’s the night Johnny. What time this meeting is at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Fianna Fail has called for an investigation into him but Fine Gael has been curiously quiet and in many ways his case was worse than Bailey's. While she eventually withdrew her claim, as sharply as a chameleon withdraws its tongue, Farrell actually persevered with his.

Hah I love the chameleon part :D

A year ago I believe I posted the Independent was a rag. Now they are doing investigative work over many months and not afraid to pull punches. Bravo.

Tonight’s the night Johnny. What time this meeting is at?

Postponed until tomorrow evening according to news reports, just......keeps.....dragging....on....for them........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Eoghan Murphy on the radio earlier asked about Maria's deselection wouldn't answer Miriam's questions about should she be on the ticket, poor Maria is toast it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Hah I love the chameleon part :D

A year ago I believe I posted the Independent was a rag. Now they are doing investigative work over many months and not afraid to pull punches. Bravo.

Kevin Doyle definitely a contender for Journalst of the Year. He was the main man for both the Bailey story and breaking the Dail voting scandal
    Postponed until tomorrow evening according to news reports, just......keeps.....dragging....on....for them........

Ah sure we are only 10 days short of the Bailey mess hitting the six month mark, whats another few days :pac:

Eoghan Murphy on the radio earlier asked about Maria's deselection wouldn't answer Miriam's questions about should she be on the ticket, poor Maria is toast it seems.

Murphy is a very poor TD/Minister.

Whatever about deselection why aren't FG being asked about their plans to tackle insurance fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Murphy is a very poor TD/Minister.

Whatever about deselection why aren't FG being asked about their plans to tackle insurance fraud?

They seem to be ok with it.

He's unlikely to speak ill of his former babysitter.
    Not true but could be :)

They seem to be ok with it.

Well that's the thing. The real issue here is that insurance fraud has gotten so bad in Ireland that 3 of their own TDs are taking advantage of it.
    Instead of tackling the issue, they are only concerned at saving the party's reputation and they are doing a brutal job of that too.

Well that's the thing. The real issue here is that insurance fraud has gotten so bad in Ireland that 3 of their own TDs are taking advantage of it.
    Instead of tackling the issue, they are only concerned at saving the party's reputation and they are doing a brutal job of that too.

It's good to see they are consistent. I'm still not 100% if they fall into the incompetence or helping pals earn a crust category on the housing crisis. Likely a little from column A and a little from column B.

• Advertisement

Fine Gael set to take TD Maria Bailey off general election ticket

Just waiting now on the one time stalwart hardcore "Maria Bailey is exonerated" fans to now become turncoat "Maria Bailey's worse than Hitler" crew once she's pissing outside the tent.

The next few weeks will be interesting.

Advertisement