Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Al Porter at it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I liked his radio show but jesus he used to go on about "his fella". Wonder is his fella still around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I wouldn't have recognised him at all from that picture, the case has obviously taken a toll on him. I wonder what's next for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

eviltwin wrote: »
    I wouldn't have recognised him at all from that picture, the case has obviously taken a toll on him. I wonder what's next for him.

Some course in anti-deviancy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

eviltwin wrote: »

I'd say he was going for something to eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭fluke

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I'd say he was going for something to eat.

Al Porterhouse by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I can't stand the f**ker but leave off on his weight please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

This x100000000000

Why? Fatties should be shamed for their lazy ways

This x100000000000

It seems that the lollipops are out in force!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,413 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Tea Shock wrote: »
    Today's case has nothing to do with the multiple allegations that caused him to lose his job at Today FM

So what is the status of that case if there even is any case ?

I have always found it strange that this guy gets vilified around here without being charged or accused with anything in a court of law whereas the rugby players up north who went to trail for rape are viewed as victims.

Porter has not worked since the allegations first came out 2 years ago and yet he has been found guilty of no sexual assault to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I liked his radio show but jesus he used to go on about "his fella". Wonder is his fella still around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

That pic would suggest a name change to Al Portly-er is on the cards.

Al Portercake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭Homelander

Met this guy once before at work. He was really, really inappropriate, a sort of 'just us lads having a laugh' but it was way over the line. Not remotely shocked at any allegations against him. Considering that was in the cold light of day in a professional setting, can't even begin to imagine what he'd be like with a few drinks onboard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

So what is the status of that those cases if there even is any cases ?

I have always found it strange that this guy gets vilified around here without being charged or accused with anything in a court of law whereas the rugby players up north who went to trail for were found not guilty of one rape are viewed as victims.

Porter has not worked since the allegations first came out 2 years ago and yet he has been found guilty of no sexual assault to date.

Fixed your post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Tea Shock wrote: »
    Today's case has nothing to do with the multiple allegations that caused him to lose his job at Today FM

So further court cases upcoming ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I have always found it strange that this guy gets vilified around here without being charged or accused with anything in a court of law whereas the rugby players up north who went to trail for rape are viewed as victims.

I find it stranger that the 2 rugby players were subject to a witch hunt after not being charged of anything in a court of law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,533 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

razorblunt wrote: »
    Which case is this? Is the big one from a few years back or the most recent one?

How many cases is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭pgj2015

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How many cases is there?

50 +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Homelander wrote: »
    Met this guy once before at work. He was really, really inappropriate, a sort of 'just us lads having a laugh' but it was way over the line. Not remotely shocked at any allegations against him. Considering that was in the cold light of day in a professional setting, can't even begin to imagine what he'd be like with a few drinks onboard.
    I have heard same from a couple of close friends.... creep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

gmisk wrote: »
    I have heard same from a couple of close friends.... creep

I unfortunately seen the pics that went around whatsapp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I unfortunately seen the pics that went around whatsapp
    No idea about them...but if it features him in the nip...your grand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭Homelander

''Inappropriate'' how exactly? That could mean anything, from smutty jokes to outright touching or assault.

Really strange and uninvited sexual jokes, 'jostling', etc. It was grossly inappropriate.

So what is the status of that case if there even is any case ?

Looks like he’s been working at feeding his chubby little puss alright though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Edgware wrote: »
    You would be surprised at the amount of drunken ***** that can't mind their own business and won't
    **** off when told

This. Maybe it's just me, but if a Garda tells me to feck off, I'll feck off. If it's something that I think they're doing wrong, stand back and record. Simples. But no, people seem to think that their intervening selves will make the Gardai think it's not worth it... Muppets.
    Ridiculous that so much Garda and Court time wasted on this ...be much better if gardai were empowered to issue a fixed notice with a fine of €250 for this kind of thing.

The legal wallahs have a vested interest in having low level matters like this going all the way to Court.

A very expensive way to give somebody a "Mind your own business" message .

Yup, and it happens every night of the week. People arrested for breaches of Section 8 of the Public Order Act. Gas thing is this actually made it to court. I had a few in my day didn't get past the station...
    It may be the best Kippo...but my point was that it is very very expensive....and as a taxpayer I am paying for it .

Think about the amount of Court and Garda time taken up so that this dipstik could be told to mind his own business. ?

Yup, but like above, he is but a needle in a haystack of repeat offenders and idiots who "know" their rights. Unfortunately, Section 8 requires evidence to be given by the Garda as to why they were arrested for it, so a fixed charge wouldn't apply to it as it would be on an individual basis.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Will we get to find out why it was dropped or is it just the magic hand of the DPP? I always find it remarkable how prosecutors in other countries have to face the media and tv cameras to explain their decisions whereas here we just have the uber secretive DPP. They really should be more accountable to the public.

Anyway is that Porter off scot free or is there another case pending?

I think it depends on the case. This was dropped before it got to court, so he's innocent of it in the eyes of the law/there's no evidence of wrong doing. But like anything of this nature, he has had his trial by social media, and it appears the public find him guilty.

I don't have access to these messages, or any experience of him (heard the name, never knew who it was) but if the stories are true, it's only a matter of time.

Just had a look at his twitter statement out of curiosity

Loads of positive comments mainly from women who want him to resume his comedy act ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Loads of positive comments mainly from women who want him to resume his comedy act ASAP

The hen night brigade, perhaps? I can't think of any other setting in which he would be accused of doing "comedy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Looks like he’s been working at feeding his chubby little puss alright though !

Could be medication

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,581 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Imagine if the bould Al was heterosexual the mood music in here would be a lot different.

The hen night brigade, perhaps? I can't think of any other setting in which he would be accused of doing "comedy".

Hen night brigade are usually extremely drunk which might explain why they find him funny...

Hen night brigade are usually extremely drunk which might explain why they find him funny...

And are safe from his advances.

• Advertisement

From the limited experience I have of his act it was 90% smut and camp sexual “humour”

Can he get away with a similar act now?

From the limited experience I have of his act it was 90% smut and camp sexual “humour”

Can he get away with a similar act now?

I only ever saw him on the LLS a few times. Camp gay jokes galore and tried to ride Tubridy on the desk one night. I'd imagine his live shows were the same just a bit more ramped up.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Could be medication

Food and calories cause obesity. Certain medication may increase appetite but this can be controlled except by lazy and weak willed people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,173 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Boggles wrote: »
    Imagine if the bould Al was heterosexual the mood music in here would be a lot different.

that's interesting, back when this story broke years ago, there's was some abhorance at his text messages that leaked. if you look at gay and straight people in terms of equality, it was a guy "looking for his hole" like millions of people do every day, these texts were used to make him look like a predator.

Food and calories cause obesity. Certain medication may increase appetite but this can be controlled except by lazy and weak willed people.

odd post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Balmed Out wrote: »

Fake news, Al Porter a comedian ??!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Wow, tell us more about your medical background Dr. Genius?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I only ever saw him on the LLS a few times. Camp gay jokes galore and tried to ride Tubridy on the desk one night. I'd imagine his live shows were the same just a bit more ramped up.
    You just put me right off my cornflakes.

oh ffs

• Advertisement

odd post

Well it’s a logical fact.

do you know anything about medication?

it's not logical, lazy and weak willed are not mathamatical variables?

it's not logical, lazy and weak willed are not mathamatical variables?

Eating = calories = additional weight if > calories burned

Fairly logical to me.

I would guess anyone who disagrees is dragging a fat hole behind them.

Eating = calories = additional weight if > calories burned

Fairly logical to me.

I would guess anyone who disagrees is dragging a fat hole behind them.

over eating isnt the only method humans gain weight, some medications can cause bloating, which i suspect what maybe going on here, and im fairly fit and reasonably weighted

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    over eating isnt the only method humans gain weight, some medications can cause bloating, which i suspect what maybe going on here, and im fairly fit and reasonably weighted

So you claim. Yet you disagree with logic which makes me wonder....

• Advertisement

So you claim. Yet you disagree with logic which makes me wonder....

no claim at all, while we re talking 'facts', this is a medical fact. what would you be wondering about?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Lads I've seen alot of professors in my life, and I don't actually think he is a real professor

antodeco wrote: »
    Lads I've seen alot of professors in my life, and I don't actually think he is a real professor

maybe it's a more arty profession than the logic and mathematics he's claiming to master!

maybe it's a more arty profession than the logic and mathematics he's claiming to master!

I claimed what now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

antodeco wrote: »

I'm not even sure his surname is Genius.

• Advertisement
Advertisement