Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon moves to lottery entries!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I got in aswell, shít just got real....

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I got an e-mail, i am in!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

bollox I may have fecked this.

I entered for myself and for my wife. 2 separate entries but used the same email address. The email confirmation I got back is for my wife and not me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got the text. Yeow

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Moshman

Just got the text, good luck to all hoping to get in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

No text or email
    Was hoping to run it for the first time this year

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

No email or text.

Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tuff Gong

No text or email
    Was hoping to run it for the first time this year
    Same here, but they said everyone will know either way by 2pm. Still hope for this round but there's always the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Tuff Gong wrote: »
    Same here, but they said everyone will know either way by 2pm. Still hope for this round but there's always the next round!

Same here. And Round 3 (Aug 1st) is very close to the race. We live in hope!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

R.F. wrote: »
    bollox I may have fecked this.

I entered for myself and for my wife. 2 separate entries but used the same email address. The email confirmation I got back is for my wife and not me.

When they were doing the previous entrant places the system coped with sending out multiple codes to the same email address for different people... hang in there it might still come through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Looks like this has been well thought out for a finish when looking at where they stand today.
    - They got an extra 2500 places through appeal with figures
    - They have around 9 months to plan for 2021 with regard to numbers/course/GFA/ballot criteria
    - They have generated huge interest in the event and risen it to the top table in Europe.
    - Three turnovers in people rejected being recycled and given a chance to get a bib.
    - I reckon as a result anyone that is desperate to run will get a place, and we should see very little dropoff from the 25000.

Can see a big change in the course application for 2021 in order to facilitate as many entrants as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Got my email at 10:20 - went into spam. Got text at 10:40. This was the year I really wanted to give it a go so delighted

robinph wrote: »
    When they were doing the previous entrant places the system coped with sending out multiple codes to the same email address for different people... hang in there it might still come through.

Here is hoping. If I don't it leaves us in a tricky situation. We had previously agreed if only 1 of us gets the spot that I would take it. But I was looking at the confirmation page and I cannot change her details to me. But I will hold on until I hear more

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

Has anyone received any confirmation of rejection? Just wondering if it is all the positive news first with the rejections being sent last. Or if the system is just working through the lists of applications regardless of outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Turkish1 wrote: »
    Has anyone received any confirmation of rejection? Just wondering if it is all the positive news first with the rejections being sent last. Or if the system is just working through the lists of applications regardless of outcome.

I just got a rejection email.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I just got the rejection email so I assume it’s just going through the applications in order:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Colm_D

My decision on whether to renew my A3 cycling racing licence this year was dependent on whether or not I got an entry to the marathon.
    Got the text at 10:50 to say I'm in!

****, just got my unsuccessful email back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tuff Gong

Unsuccessful in round 1 email arrived :(

• Advertisement

Myself and my wife just got the UNSUCCESSFUL emails!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

Unsuccessful also. Looks like if you haven't got good news yet you have been unsuccessful.

I am assuming the second round (7th Feb) is only for those that have already applied and were unsuccessful and that more previously unregistered applicants can't join the lottery now? Any know if that is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

I think for most here if patient until July ye will get a spot.
    There were a lot of past entrants I know of who got a place for 2020 and paid again, some of which have done 0 of the past three events.
    They will get their 70% refund in the summer and can see upwards of 1000 places there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Friend got successful email about an hour ago. Don't think success or not is going in a specific order/mailshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

No joy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

No joy. Hoping to have more luck in round 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

micar wrote: »
    Anyone receive email or text yet??

Just got an "unsuccessful" email.....

Friend got successful email about an hour ago. Don't think success or not is going in a specific order/mailshot.

If you look at the posts though, it does look like all the early posts were successful and then a flurry of unsuccessful posts came.

Nobody seems to have been successful after the rejections starting coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭thelordgod

Unsuccessful email received. I'll be heading to Lisbon instead on the 11th October - much better running conditions and places are limited to 7500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

Feck it no joy either...

Advertisement