Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 11 - Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Only way I get martial in is to downgrade Kane to Vardy. Probably worth it but Kane is still the best finisher in the league.

in 85 mins of play yesterday, spurs had 1 attempt on target, and that was Kane's header after 48 seconds. No point being the best finisher, if your in a team that is not making much attempt to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,403 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Only way I get martial in is to downgrade Kane to Vardy. Probably worth it but Kane is still the best finisher in the league.

Kane isn't even the best finisher in his team. He won't get many from midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

My first hit of the season

King ---- Vardy
    Aubam ---- Firmino
    Mane
    KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,456 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    in 85 mins of play yesterday, spurs had 1 attempt on target, and that was Kane's header after 48 seconds. No point being the best finisher, if your in a team that is not making much attempt to score.

https://twitter.com/ffscout_luke/status/1188598249126551552?s=19

Third worst for big chances created.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Not sure about Kane to Vardy being a downgrade, also, have a look at Vardy's upcoming fixtures.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

My first hit of the season

King ---- Vardy
    Aubam ---- Firmino
    Mane
    KDB

Firmino is interesting/strange move given his form, and possibility of Salah being injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Probably wilson and Cantwell to Connolly and Martial and a move to 352.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Firmino is interesting/strange move given his form, and possibility of Salah being injured.

It's just Liverpool fomo more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,403 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It's just Liverpool fomo more than anything.

But you had Mane?

But you had Mane?

Yeh but I wanted KDB.

It was either Sterling to KDB. Or Mane to KDB.

Given the thrashing Soton got I opted for both KDB and Sterling.

If Sterling blanks against I'll likely be getting rid but wanted the double up for the Soton game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I think I'll bank barring an injury in the league cup games. Nobody stands out and I feel I'll be making a change just for the sake of it.
    Getting rid of Aguero before a home game to saints would leave me terrified of what he might do......if he plays. He can put up a big score to make up for the couple of weeks he didn't start.Moving him to another striker would be counter intuitive. I already have Vardy and Abraham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Charles Leclerc

Doherty out, Dunk in.
    Wilson out, Vardy in.

Will deal with Aguero after Southampton game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Couple of weeks too late but probably Pukki out.
    Although he has Watford after this week so I might just hold if I've a fire to put out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Couple of weeks too late but probably Pukki out.
    Although he has Watford after this week so I might just hold if I've a fire to put out

They've gotten a couple of clean sheets in the last 3 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anyone have any defensive tips/hunches/must haves?

I'm dropping Otamendi - should never have signed in the first place - and looking to upgrade a midfielder. So will probably have up to 5.5 for a new defender but can't see many obvious candidates. Already have Pereira, Lundstram, Tomori and Kelly.

Thinking of going from King to Connolly too which I can invest in the middle - Cantwell to Tielemans, maybe?

It's just the defence I'm not sure on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Considering Mount - Martial. Not particualry unhappy with Mount, think Martial could have some nice scores in him in the next few weeks. Also have 3 Chelsea plaing which seems overkill.

Also still have Otamendi so considering Mendy in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Twice in last 6 months I’ve signed martial for shot only for him to get injured straight away
    Once without even playing
    And yet here I am again
    On the brink .........
    I’ll prob wait a week though

All of my transfers were from teams with good games in gw12 but I had ignored united
    Prob best to see how they do this weekend first
    I’ll bank ......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

I'm dropping Otamendi - should never have signed in the first place - and looking to upgrade a midfielder. So will probably have up to 5.5 for a new defender but can't see many obvious candidates. Already have Pereira, Lundstram, Tomori and Kelly.

Thinking of going from King to Connolly too which I can invest in the middle - Cantwell to Tielemans, maybe?

It's just the defence I'm not sure on!

Otamendi to Lascelles of Newcastle for example could free up 1.1mill at current prices. Was considering getting him in last week but have missed his ten pointer for scoring against Wolverhampton by delaying the move.

Taking a hit myself this week and selling van Dijk and McGinn for Chilwell and Pulisic. Could have gone for Martial who also looks likely to rise in price soon. No reason to have money tied up in defenders who are not earning points in my opinion. I think it's better to have more invested in attacking players the way the season is going so far.

Matip is out 6 weeks, could have Lovren at 5.3 for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I have gone from 400k down to 1.4m OR in the past 2 weeks. Team in absolute freefall! Scores of 30 and 34 have crippled me.
    Current team:

Pope/Stek
    Otamendi Tomori Lowton Lundstrom Boly
    Sterling Pepe Mount Guendozi D.Luiz
    Auba Kun C.Wilson

1ft. 0.6m itb. Wildcard already played.

Any advice before I just give up for the season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Thinking of getting Lovren in to replace Otamendi. Is he nailed on for a place in the team in the absence of Matip or is there a chance Gomez gets some minutes as well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Charles Leclerc

I have gone from 400k down to 1.4m OR in the past 2 weeks. Team in absolute freefall! Scores of 30 and 34 have crippled me.
    Current team:

Pope/Stek
    Otamendi Tomori Lowton Lundstrom Boly
    Sterling Pepe Mount Guendozi D.Luiz
    Auba Kun C.Wilson

1ft. 0.6m itb. Wildcard already played.

Any advice before I just give up for the season?

No Liverpool players? :eek:

You need rid of Auba and Kun, too much money tied up on two guys who aren't getting points. I'm leaving Kun for the Southampton game, then he's gone.

I take it you're an Arsenal fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Pighead wrote: »
    Thinking of getting Lovren in to replace Otamendi. Is he nailed on for a place in the team in the absence of Matip or is there a chance Gomez gets some minutes as well?

There is definitely a chance Gomez gets some minutes

No Liverpool players? :eek:

You need rid of Auba and Kun, too much money tied up on two guys who aren't getting points. I'm leaving Kun for the Southampton game, then he's gone.

I take it you're an Arsenal fan?

Changed Salah to Pepe as he was injured and wasn't sure about Mane. Would need to rejig to get one of those 2 back in now.

No, I'm a United fan. I just liked the look of Arsenal's fixtures and before GW 8 Auba was in great form.

I saw Guendozi as a decent enabler for 4.5. Had him since GW1. Pepe was a punt this week that went wrong.

Probably downgrade Auba to Vardy this week.

Changed Salah to Pepe as he was injured and wasn't sure about Mane. Would need to rejig to get one of those 2 back in now.

No, I'm a United fan. I just liked the look of Arsenal's fixtures and before GW 8 Auba was in great form.

I saw Guendozi as a decent enabler for 4.5. Had him since GW1. Pepe was a punt this week that went wrong.

Probably downgrade Auba to Vardy this week.

I have the exact money for Auba/Pepe to Vardy/Mane.
    But it's a -4 and I fear I'll be punished for getting rid of the 2 Arsenal big guns.

Have other fires to put out also re: Boly and Otamendi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Have had a couple of bad weeks so could use some advice. Have 2 free transfers.

Ederson - Button

Soyuncu - Rovertson - Tomori - Lundstram - Simpson

Salah - De Bruyne - Mount - McGinn - Cantwell

Jiminez - Aguero - Abraham

Thinking of doing Augero -> Vardy and Salah -> Mane. And then next game week Ederson -> cheaper keeper (maybe Gazzaniga?) and Mount -> Sterling.

Toughts?

Tusky wrote: »
    Have had a couple of bad weeks so could use some advice. Have 2 free transfers.

Ederson - Button

Soyuncu - Rovertson - Tomori - Lundstram - Simpson

Salah - De Bruyne - Mount - McGinn - Cantwell

Jiminez - Aguero - Abraham

Thinking of doing Augero -> Vardy and Salah -> Mane. And then next game week Ederson -> cheaper keeper (maybe Gazzaniga?) and Mount -> Sterling.

Toughts?

I know Leicester have great fixtures, and I know Vardy has scored loads, but just listening here and 5 of Vardys goals have come in games where the opposition where down to 10 men, and they have lost the last 4 games at Palace.

If it wasnt for the price rises, I dont see the rush to get him in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,233 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Still have Pukki and Ceballos to offload. Will hold off in case flagged players don't unflag

I know Leicester have great fixtures, and I know Vardy has scored loads, but just listening here and 5 of Vardys goals have come in games where the opposition where down to 10 men, and they have lost the last 4 games at Palace.

If it wasnt for the price rises, I dont see the rush to get him in
    I bought him Saturday, but can see your point. He got a hattrick starting when the team were 4-0 up and down to 10.

On the flip side, he's the only striker in a team scoring loads with a nice run of fixtures. And they're ruthless too, no letting up when they are a few goals ahead, great sign for a Fantasy Football player.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I bought him Saturday, but can see your point. He got a hattrick starting when the team were 4-0 up and down to 10.

On the flip side, he's the only striker in a team scoring loads with a nice run of fixtures. And they're ruthless too, no letting up when they are a few goals ahead, great sign for a Fantasy Football player.

Oh absolutely, and he could kill Arsenal, but those two games aside where the teams where down to 10, they dont actually score loads.

that said great run of fixtures - and his 2019 record as a whole is great. I just dont think he will score vs Palace (quote me when he gets three :))

Advertisement