Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    In two team scenario is this relevant

Negotiator the negotiator is playing on behalf of the bad teams. Once per round each bad team may give a message for another bad team to the negotiator. The negotiator is free to give or not give the message, or indeed to give a different message. The negotiator is known to all bad teams and wins if any bad team wins the game

Ok if mods playing with us think about the Hydra testing and 2 people playing one role what if 2 teams playing as 1 team via a negotiator

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

In two team scenario is this relevant

Negotiator the negotiator is playing on behalf of the bad teams. Once per round each bad team may give a message for another bad team to the negotiator. The negotiator is free to give or not give the message, or indeed to give a different message. The negotiator is known to all bad teams and wins if any bad team wins the game

That’s actually a good explanation for part of two team wolf setup. So negotiatorr wants to keep as many wolves on the board but does he know who all wolves are? Does he stop wolves killing wolves? Are the teams rivals or just one team but separated?

I’m tired but I can see the merits of two wolf teams, just don’t fully understand how it works. Mind you would be interested to see What an 8-10 man wolf den would be like!

Fits in with hydra testing too

I think that is what is going on

Christ its gone so quiet you'd swear there was a br conversation happening lol

I saw the hydra post but didn’t cop it was a test for two people and one account until you said it. I suppose anything’s possible at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Bad choice

Explain why?

Help me help you Tom Cruise

Christ its gone so quiet you'd swear there was a br conversation happening lol

I’m Gonna get some sleep as I think most people are doing, there’s a good chance even the backroom(s) are quiet aswell.

See you tomorrow, if I don’t wake up dead.

worth exploring more i think

worth exploring more i think

No harm, sure we have time

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

What’s hydra testing?

• Advertisement

Orla WW wrote: »
    What’s hydra testing?

THe mods were testing for using hydra on another thread prior to us starting game. its where 2 people play one role and they do like to feck with our heads

so maybe 2 wolf teams communicating though a negotiator to win game 2 teams one role maybe

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Explain why?

Help me help you Tom Cruise

You just have to have trust

You just have to have trust

Ive no reason to, sorry

Ive no reason to, sorry

No you don't but I would say you'd be better off asking either Frank to interrogate me or Doris to steal my role, as long as whichever one isn't a wolf, otherwise I'm likely dead anyway.

No you don't but I would say you'd be better off asking either Frank to interrogate me or Doris to steal my role, as long as whichever one isn't a wolf, otherwise I'm likely dead anyway.

Mind you having said that I'm probably lunch tomorrow.

A bit easier to read - thanks eva for the lover update

LIVING

Name | Status
    Lucy WW|Peeked as good by Derry
    Henry WW|
    Isla WW| Explosive Lovers with Patrick
    Patrick WW| Explosive lovers with Isla
    Orla WW|
    Eva WW|
    Tegan WW| Alleged BR Blocker
    Vernon WW|Alleged Healer - not poisoner
    Conor WW|Alleged Vote Rigger
    Doris WW|
    Clodagh WW|
    Phil WW|
    Ewan WW|Alleged broken alignment seer
    Emily WW|
    Liam WW|
    Brendan WW |
    Fiona WW
    Frank WW |Alleged Seer
    Oisin WW|
    Abigail WW|Died a goody. Ressurected by Fiona. Claims Jesus/Angel
    Angus WW |
    ||

DEAD

Name | Status
    Winifred WW|Goody

Wendy WW|Dead goodie
    Desmond WW| Dead Goody
    Steve WW| Dead Goody
    Holly WW|Dead Goody
    Gabriel WW| Dead Goody
    Gertrude WW |Dead Goody
    Mary WW| Dead Goody
    ||

Senan WW| Dead Wolf
    Derry WW|Dead wolf

||
    Barbara WW|Munched Jester - thanks wolves :P|meh - zero on babs

f the 2 team one role type thing was the case who would make a good negotiator?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Happy we got another wolf but again I am honestly surprised our poisoned player was the bad one. Both Emily and Oisin seemed to get a bit more involved once they were condemned so I did not expect that either time now.

Been wondering about the 2 wolf teams things since someone brought it up and so far I've been saying I didn't think so but if not this is going to be by far the biggest wolf team I have seen in Boards WW. Think I've only seen 5 max wolves (on one team) so far during my games and we already have 6 dead so at least 7 in the game (plus a Jester making at least 8 bad in this game). Obviously the more die the more I consider it an option but it could also be an option that there has been a convert but that is less likely to explain some of your theories for why their might be 2 teams beyond just big numbers of players.

Was Abigail killed (first time) by wolves, if so the fact that he ressurector (Fiona) has now been mod killed and cleared as good surely means Abigail is our first fully clear player?

With regards poison I would be currently looking at Phil, Doris & Clodagh. I was considering Phil yesterday instead of Angus, Doris was the 2nd most voted and my gut is weary of her more than the others and Clodagh completes the trio of people who I couldn't tell you as much about as the others. Orla has been doing brilliantly taking out Wolves with her poison but should probably also have a bit more impact on who is targeted as people now seem to be leaning firmly good on her and yet she seems to prefer to stand back and have others vote on what she does (admirable for a villager but I hope she is voting too).

Is this up to date? Edited from Wini's original post

Current Status

LIVING

Name | Status
    Lucy WW|Kenny, returned from the dead - redacted
    Henry WW|
    Isla WW| Explosive Lovers with Patrick
    Patrick WW| Explosive lovers with Isla
    Orla WW|Poisoner - Claims good aligned
    Eva WW |Craig/Tweak Neighbor backroom
    Tegan WW| Alleged BR Blocker
    Conor WW|Alleged Vote Rigger
    Doris WW| Alleged Thief
    Clodagh WW|
    Phil WW|
    Brendan WW |Craig/Tweak Neighbor Backroom
    Frank WW |Alleged Seer Interrogator
    Abigail WW|Died a goody. Ressurected by Fiona (dead Good). Claims Jesus/Angel

DEAD

Name | Status

Liam WW Dead Goodie
    Fiona WW| Resurrector
    Angus WW | Had a 10am bullet allegedly (potentially more bullets? I couldn't follow that conversation)
    Winifred WW|Kyle Brovlovski - Human Kite
    Wendy WW|Dead goodie
    Desmond WW| Dead Goody
    Steve WW| Dead Goody
    Holly WW|Dead Goody
    Gabriel WW| Dead Goody
    Gertrude WW |Dead Goody
    Mary WW| Dead Goody

|

Senan WW| Dead Wolf
    Derry WW|Dead wolf
    Vernon WW|Healer - Dead Wolf
    Oisin WW Dead Wolf
    Emily WW Dead Wolf
    Ewan WW|Dead Wolf

Barbara WW|Munched Jester - thanks wolves |meh - zero on babs
    [/QUOTE]

If so here are my current reads:

Village Lean (in Order from most Vil)

Abigail
    Orla

If Abigail was killed by wolves but returned by a now confirmed villager then shes good. Either Orla is the ultimate bus or she is good and on a great roll poisoning wolves - Happy she didn't poison herself when that seemed on the go now.

Patrick

Patrick has given me no reason to really put him anywhere but village lean be it on thread or in our BR. I get I could be pocketed by having my fate tied to him but I haven't seen anyone else really make a strong argument here either

Tegan
    Conor

If the idea of 2 wolf teams wasn't becoming more possible in my mind I'd have both clearer but I still lean village because Tegan would have to have been majorly bussed by the wolves or cos Conor changed a lynch result to lynch a wolf .

Null to Village

Lucy
    Henry
    Eva

I'd read Lucy as having given up her first life in the belief it would exonorate her as being good and also agree with Pat that she could have had a better use for a 2nd life if Evil and most likely would have been coached not to sacrafice her first one as easily by team mates. Henry's overall play has had me thinking village the whole game but there may be less facts to confirm this than there are for others so I can't put him in their catagory. Eva too is someone who I have mostly liked since I actually voted for her much earlier in the game when reasoning was less strong. She is also the less suspicious Neighbor for me.

Null

Brendan
    Frank

Plenty seemed suss of Brendan earlier in the game but he hasn't ruffled too many feathers since coming out as a Neighbor. Maybe he was trying to pocket Eva by suggesting they should act as a team / be lovers but otheer than that I dunno and I don't have a strong read on Frank reall as I have not been interrogated by him like others were. I did not think he was a seer when he was doing the fake seer stuff originally so that reveal made sense not that it helps with alignment though. Those who have been interrogated by him didn't seem anti him and if anything I fell slightly on his side in his issue with Doris so he makes it just outside my wolfy pile

Wolfy

Doris
    Clodagh
    Phil

Considering what I can say about all the other players I really feel like I should be able to say more about these 3 especially the final 2. At this stage that in itself is wolfy as they have not neccesarily (could be doing something we don't know I suppose) been helping the village a lot and just coasting by due to the fact that they have let others take the focus. Don't think voting analysis has really helped any of them and obviously Doris was the 2nd most voted from yesterdays vote.

We have a long day (weekend) in front of us now but I guess unless something changes those 3 might be my FFA too.

From op

Werewolves have infected a number of the residents and have begun brutally killing those who are still villagers. Nobody is safe - but what is even worse - these wolves walk amongst the other villagers as residents during the day and nobody has yet managed to determine who they are - or indeed how many actually exist.

This bit is in bold in op so perhaps a clue that there are way more wolves then we think?!!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

That many wolves about we could be taking about the Chinese government!

• Advertisement

From op

Werewolves have infected a number of the residents and have begun brutally killing those who are still villagers. Nobody is safe - but what is even worse - these wolves walk amongst the other villagers as residents during the day and nobody has yet managed to determine who they are - or indeed how many actually exist.

This bit is in bold in op so perhaps a clue that there are way more wolves then we think?!!!

To be honest right now it seems there are at least 7 wolves (not inlcuding the Jester that makes it 8 bad) that is already more than I would have thought based off any games I've played here on boards over the last year plus.

f the 2 team one role type thing was the case who would make a good negotiator?
    Isla WW wrote: »
    To be honest right now it seems there are at least 7 wolves (not inlcuding the Jester that makes it 8 bad) that is already more than I would have thought based off any games I've played here on boards over the last year plus.

Yeah its a lot and I've only played a few games but a lot of wolves in expendables maybe they are upping the ante

thats weird why did i quote myself i didnt touch multiquote button

Since yer about. Was there anything missing on those tables I did up in my big post earlier?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Easy. They didnt know who Angus was shooting for real.

For all they knew, Angus was bluffing about shooting Liam or anyone else.

But why? They've got the whole village to work from. Why did they need to make sure Liam died?

@Isla

I asked similar questions about Abigail last night. Fiona being a goody and reviving her begs the question why wouid the wolves munch her?

Unless there is two wolf teams and they don’t all know who is who and somehow they vote in a way where they can kill each other? We never got Abigails allignment.

I’m still curious about this two wolf team. The point of separating the teams is to make it harder to coordinate strategy’s. But can’t they do just do it through the interrogator? Like each give their list of names to interrogater? If they found out the interrogator was wrong couldn’t they kill him?

Alternatively if they don’t trust interrogator they can just watch each group and manipulate everything.

I don’t understand how voting would work in that scenario. And I don’t understand how they might not hit Ole of their own that they haven’t thus far.

Anyways , going back to Liam yesterday, only reason I can think of that they went for Liam is that he was seer? Maybe they will target a person who hasn’t claimed a role yet? Who hasn’t come out with a role/power Yet? Any chance wolves didn’t get many roles like mentioned (lots of low powered wolves). Who hasn’t been able to prove they had a role/power on thread?

I think they are up to date

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Well played Emily.

Throws shade on Henry now though.
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    This is definitely not a good look for Henry tbh

reading back over last night now that i'm sober, and wondering what you both throws shade on me?

Henry WW wrote: »
    But why? They've got the whole village to work from. Why did they need to make sure Liam died?

I wonder are they seer hunting?! That’s only thing I can think of because it really was a stupid move not to chose anybody else not on the potential shoot list. If they didn’t shoot Angus they didn’t feel they were in any danger.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Did Abigail roid up at any point? I remember there was discussion on it but not sure was it pit into action

Advertisement