Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Is that not what your saying Frank?

I don't understand what you mean

Look, this is how I see werewolf

The seer is probably one of the villages most powerful roles. Its how we determine alignment of the players in the game. The wolves want to kill the seer, because the seer can check to see if the wolves are wolves.

If a villager, has a role, that they deem of less value than that of the seer, its a good strategy for that villager to try and have the wolves eat them, instead of the wolves eating the seer.

I deemed that to be the case in this game. I'm sure the interrogator could be a very good role in the right hands. But I don't have the time commitment to make use of it properly, so I decided to use it as my means of creating seer cover.

I started this off by saying that I had "peeked" Eva villager and Mary villager. I used these two as these were the first two people to visit me in my interrogation rooms.

Now the wolves could look at those peeks and say to themselves one of two things ::

A.) Frank is correct, those are both villagers, we need to watch him

or

B.) Frank is incorrect, one or both of those are wolves, we don't need to watch him anymore.

Now, I obviously do not know which of the above statements are correct, but it likely went down that route and as a result, I continued to leave fake peeks on thread in the hopes of keeping the REAL seer safe and alive.

My "Peek" on Winifred has since proven to be correct. This again, gives me pause, because if all 3 of my peeks were correct. Why weren't the wolves killing me ?

After giving my 3 peeks, I then had my power stolen from me by Doris who wanted my ability to seer.

If Shes a villager, then it was quite silly from my perspective because all it does is make her look like a wolf

if shes a wolf, then it was quite clever from my perspective because it stops another player being peeked villager or wolf [ based on the assumption that my first 3 peeks are correct or that they had an inkling that I was the seer and the wolves were trying to stop me ]

I gave up on the pretend seering at this point as I figured I had been rumbled and it was better to come out and explain my role in detail and what I was trying to do.

However, there is still a thought in the back of my mind that either one of Doris or Eva is a wolf. Doris because of the thievery or Eva because I fake checked her as part of my list of 3 people and I did not suffer any negative consequences until the thievery.

And that is why I would like there to be a real seer check of some sort on Eva, to confirm or deny my suspicions.

Now, I'm going for a shower and I have a lot of treatments I need to put on and around my new hair. My wife has got jobs for me to do today, so I will be in and out on an infrequent basis.

if any of the above is still unclear, let me know and I will answer when I get the chance

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Satan is good in this game but you struggle with this-I have no idea what a cart man hunter was meant to do or what happened if they found me. We’ve had a drunk seer and vig so I’d expect they were meant to assume they got a baddie and make it more difficult for village but tbh I don’t know.-that’s your analysis?

Satan is irrelevant as he wasnt that evil on the show anyway.

Weve had drunk evil seers before. See Marvel game.

We had a good player whos role was to hunt you?

Makes srnse that your baf in my eyes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Writing this for my own sake as much as everyone elses. Find sometimes doing a read list like this lets me realise I doubt some people.

Brendan: What I have to admit with Brendan is that 90% of my trust comes from the fact I share a backroom with him, and that's probably foolish in a way. I still have a niggle that his desire to push that we were absolutely lovers on Day One could as easily be a hard sell from a wolf to make sure I back them, and it's probably worked by and large. On the other hand, I like his voting record, and other than that niggle, I can't point out anything I think he's done that makes me worry. (And I am aware I was bitten badly a few months ago in a very similar situation as this, and that's making me reluctant to trust someone again). Village Lean.

Doris: How major worries about her before her reveal. The fact her reveal came about when a gun was being branded about worries me a tad. On the other hand, I feel happier with her since she has come out. Neutral Lean

Frank: I feel the fact Ewan tried to call Frank out and tried to facilitate the narrative against him counts well towards Frank. I prefer the manner in which he came out compared to Doris, and have liked his overall play through the game. But I do worry there could be something bubbling under the surface. Slight villager lean, but may have to re-examine in a few days.

Angus: Drawing a huge blank here. Angus is our shooter, right?

Clodagh, Phil, Fiona: Zero read. Zero. So at this point, a few days in, that makes me lean wolf. Wolf Leaning.

Isla and Patrick: Was happy-ish with their involvement with Derry/Senan pushing for a peek. Worried that they haven't been targeted though. On the other hand, that could be because the wolf feels that one might target him in the ensuing chaos. Village Leans

Tegan: Would so many wolf votes lump on another wolf on night two? I've never thought so. might have to revist if there was a two-team scenario though. Village lean.

Conor: Way to aggressive last night. At a time when I felt the village were or should be celebrating getting two wolves, Conor was displayed a level of anger and frustration that was more reminiscent of a player under pressure. Not a villager (who is apparently powerless now) who should recognize the village is discussing how many wolves they are, and pondering over what their next steps should be. Strong Wolf Lean

Abi: A little flip-floppy in her story, which is usually a big old red flag. Small wolf lean.

Lucy: The whole Kenny thing wrecks my mind. Obviously can't power her down initially. Not overly happy with her role in the Derry/Senan peek. Neutral Lean

Emily: Poisoned, yeah? So *shrug*

Henry: Village lean on the back of his overall contribution to the thread. I kind of feel Henry and Frank have worked the hardest as villagers. Strong Village Lean

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean

Look, this is how I see werewolf

The seer is probably one of the villages most powerful roles. Its how we determine alignment of the players in the game. The wolves want to kill the seer, because the seer can check to see if the wolves are wolves.

If a villager, has a role, that they deem of less value than that of the seer, its a good strategy for that villager to try and have the wolves eat them, instead of the wolves eating the seer.

I deemed that to be the case in this game. I'm sure the interrogator could be a very good role in the right hands. But I don't have the time commitment to make use of it properly, so I decided to use it as my means of creating seer cover.

I started this off by saying that I had "peeked" Eva villager and Mary villager. I used these two as these were the first two people to visit me in my interrogation rooms.

Now the wolves could look at those peeks and say to themselves one of two things ::

A.) Frank is correct, those are both villagers, we need to watch him

or

B.) Frank is incorrect, one or both of those are wolves, we don't need to watch him anymore.

Now, I obviously do not know which of the above statements are correct, but it likely went down that route and as a result, I continued to leave fake peeks on thread in the hopes of keeping the REAL seer safe and alive.

My "Peek" on Winifred has since proven to be correct. This again, gives me pause, because if all 3 of my peeks were correct. Why weren't the wolves killing me ?

After giving my 3 peeks, I then had my power stolen from me by Doris who wanted my ability to seer.

If Shes a villager, then it was quite silly from my perspective because all it does is make her look like a wolf

if shes a wolf, then it was quite clever from my perspective because it stops another player being peeked villager or wolf [ based on the assumption that my first 3 peeks are correct or that they had an inkling that I was the seer and the wolves were trying to stop me ]

I gave up on the pretend seering at this point as I figured I had been rumbled and it was better to come out and explain my role in detail and what I was trying to do.

However, there is still a thought in the back of my mind that either one of Doris or Eva is a wolf. Doris because of the thievery or Eva because I fake checked her as part of my list of 3 people and I did not suffer any negative consequences until the thievery.

And that is why I would like there to be a real seer check of some sort on Eva, to confirm or deny my suspicions.

Now, I'm going for a shower and I have a lot of treatments I need to put on and around my new hair. My wife has got jobs for me to do today, so I will be in and out on an infrequent basis.

if any of the above is still unclear, let me know and I will answer when I get the chance

Frank you’re kind of missing why I wanted to copy your power. Ewan has claimed fool seer, you were claiming seer. The timing of the powers meant I didn’t have the peek result when I stole your power, so at that point I needed to look at whether you two were running a scam together with ewan a real seer giving your role cover- basically I needed to see if you were lying, which I knew to be the case when I was given the details of your power

Eva WW wrote: »
    Writing this for my own sake as much as everyone elses. Find sometimes doing a read list like this lets me realise I doubt some people.

Brendan: What I have to admit with Brendan is that 90% of my trust comes from the fact I share a backroom with him, and that's probably foolish in a way. I still have a niggle that his desire to push that we were absolutely lovers on Day One could as easily be a hard sell from a wolf to make sure I back them, and it's probably worked by and large. On the other hand, I like his voting record, and other than that niggle, I can't point out anything I think he's done that makes me worry. (And I am aware I was bitten badly a few months ago in a very similar situation as this, and that's making me reluctant to trust someone again). Village Lean.

Doris: How major worries about her before her reveal. The fact her reveal came about when a gun was being branded about worries me a tad. On the other hand, I feel happier with her since she has come out. Neutral Lean

Jesus I’m so tired of seeing this put out there. Who was bandying the gun about?
    Oisin WW wrote: »
    Ok so there is no bullet. That was BS to rattle some cages and see who disappeared from the thread or tried to lie low or deflect.

Namely; Isla, Frank, Emily, Liam, Patrick.

Orla and Lucy get a reprieve in my eyes for volunteering themselves.

Oisin, a ****ing wolf

• Advertisement

Ok Doris, cool.

In hindsight, Oisin is a wolf with a gun. Was that a major factor in you coming out when you did?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Necro wrote: »

A shot was also fired.

This is relevant because it looks like when Angus makes an order it’s posted on thread as “a shot has been fired” and usually a person dies the next munch.

But Angus has, as far as I can tell denied it. He arrived yesterday morning and said:
    Angus WW wrote: »
    So I've got a gun, one bullet left on the chamber, have to use it or lose it.

Who wants dead.

At the moment my draft kill order has Dora the Explorer

But if we get a note on thread of his kills “a shot has been fired” then he put in his order the day before. I found his timing for this coming out very odd because if he Had a gun why not say it after the lynch the night before? If wolves couldn’t kill him then why wait until 9.20 in the morning?

So then I was wondering if Angus was the bad VIg or our good VIg.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Fair point. Why did you put your head up?

Also, when did you submit your kill order for Mary? Was it not yesterday? Gertie and Mary’s deaths we presume had “a shot has been fired” notice a day before the kills. So why give the impression this morning that you were only placing the order in this morning?

To which Angus replied
    Well I figured. I had to survive a munch, a lynch, a other munch and another lynch plus any other shenanigans before getting to use the power again after today, so I made a decision to come forward. Its a night action I can place my kill order anytime up to 9.59am. I placed my order probably before 9 30,couldnt stay on longer as I was giving a presentation at 9.45

And I asked
    So the “a shot has been fired” has nothing to do with your kills? You place an order anytime but the kill happens at munch....

Hmm, what do people think?

I’m not sure Angus answered. But if the “a shot is fired” Is an announcement on his power, he’s lied a lot about it and his motives for coming out. He could be the bad VIG. The fact he’s survived another munch is kind of surprising.

FFS , half my post disappeared.

In short I think Angus lied about his power, when he’s used it and why he came out. He might be the bad VIG.

All “a shot has been fired” mod notes have led to a death the next morning. We got the same “a shot is fired” note in this mornings munch announcement.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Ok Doris, cool.

In hindsight, Oisin is a wolf with a gun. Was that a major factor in you coming out when you did?

Does a wolf get spooked when a teammate has a pretend gun?

Did it influence me, more than likely. I let frank do his reveal because I wanted to see what reactions were there. I knew I’d have to reveal later that day so I was figuring middle of day ish. When the gun stuff started I figured that was a good point to drop my info

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

This is relevant because it looks like when Angus makes an order it’s posted on thread as “a shot has been fired” and usually a person dies the next munch.

But Angus has, as far as I can tell denied it. He arrived yesterday morning and said:

But if we get a note on thread of his kills “a shot has been fired” then he put in his order the day before. I found his timing for this coming out very odd because if he Had a gun why not say it after the lynch the night before? If wolves couldn’t kill him then why wait until 9.20 in the morning?

To which Angus replied

And I asked

I’m not sure Angus answered. But if the “a shot is fired” Is an announcement on his power, he’s lied a lot about it and his motives for coming out. He could be the bad VIG. The fact he’s survived another munch is kind of surprising.

Hi Conor - no, Angus's shots don't appear on thread, they're always called at munch. if he's telling the truth and is odd-night vig. And I think he is.

the on-thread shots were oisin. i actually agree that angus is evil (i think) but will put in seperate post

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    Does a wolf get spooked when a teammate has a pretend gun?

Did it influence me, more than likely. I let frank do his reveal because I wanted to see what reactions were there. I knew I’d have to reveal later that day so I was figuring middle of day ish. When the gun stuff started I figured that was a good point to drop my info

That's fair.

Listen, Doris, don't get me wrong, as I said in the read list, I've got you as neutral. I'll be focus on my wolf reads first. And the first line might need to be re-examined IF there's a second wolf team.

I do think at least one of our power roles is in the hands of a baddy currently. You, Frank, Henry, Brendan, Isla and Patrick, Orla and Angus....its a large list to ignore for the wolves to decide to role hunt.

But I'm also not massively keen to hound any of that list currently either. Not yet.

I've already registered my vote anyway. Theres some people I could be inclined to look at (Phil, Fiona, Clodagh). But I'm following my gut today, which has done me ok so far in this game.

Plus, if the wolves are role hunting, I'm curious about leaving one or two unknowns for them to deal with too, lol.

To which Angus replied

And I asked

FFS , half my post disappeared.

In short I think Angus lied about his power, when he’s used it and why he came out. He might be the bad VIG.

All “a shot has been fired” mod notes have led to a death the next morning. We got the same “a shot is fired” note in this mornings munch announcement.

Again to summarize:

Anytime “a shot is fired” has come up on thread, Angus targets die the next morning. Gertie , Mary and whoever he chose will die Tomorrow morning.

When Angus came out he said

QUOTE=Angus WW;111580422]So I've got a gun, one bullet left on the chamber, have to use it or lose it.

Who wants dead.

At the moment my draft kill order has Dora the Explorer[/QUOTE]

Why not come out with this after lynch the night before? Why this timing? And most importantly if we do get a mod note when he chooses a Garget (a shot has been fired) then he chose Mary the day before she posted this asking who he should kill.
    Vote your top and why.
    Same for anyone else.

If you have already chosen Mary what difference does it make other then looking villagey?

QUOTE=Ewan WW;111580500]Mary is screaming Jester, we should shoot her.[/QUOTE]

Well look who thought Mary was a good target, big coincidence that a wolf chose somebody I think you chose the day before to kill.

So, wolves and Angus kill same person today.

Why? Wolves know who Angus is shooting. They can choose to pick another villager. Or did Angus just REALLY not want to shoot Doris so chose to use the incorrect table posted by Patrick to shoot Liam instead of Doris.

That leaves me with Angus, Doris and potentially Patrick all evil.

But then wolves could have chosen literally any other villager to kill to increase their kill count.

OR the person shot was protected.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Hi Conor - no, Angus's shots don't appear on thread, they're always called at munch. if he's telling the truth and is odd-night vig. And I think he is.

the on-thread shots were oisin. i actually agree that angus is evil (i think) but will put in seperate post

If the on thread shots were Oisin what was this mornings “a shot had been fired”?
    Who did that?

Eveytime Angus has killed somebody “a shot has been fired” has been on thread the day before his kill.

If the on thread shots were Oisin what was this mornings “a shot had been fired”?
    Who did that?

Eveytime Angus has killed somebody “a shot has been fired” has been on thread the day before his kill.

Can you link the post? I only saw Necro's munch post with that. Maybe i missed it - out and about today.

Also, I don't THINK "a shot has been fired" happened the day before MAry's death. Or rather, it did happen and then the shot landed on Holly.

But I agree that Angus might be evil and i'm really confused why him and wolves killed the same person.

Why? Wolves know who Angus is shooting. They can choose to pick another villager. Or did Angus just REALLY not want to shoot Doris so chose to use the incorrect table posted by Patrick to shoot Liam instead of Doris.

But then wolves could have chosen literally any other villager to kill to increase their kill count.

Can Angus confirm who he shot at?

Also, I don't THINK "a shot has been fired" happened the day before MAry's death. Or rather, it did happen and then the shot landed on Holly.

But I agree that Angus might be evil and i'm really confused why him and wolves killed the same person.

He didnt shoot Mary though

I had a much better post that made more sense but half it disappeared. I still think you can get the main bits from it.

I think

- anytime Angus places a kill order we get “a shot is fired” mod announcement, so we can tell when he’s chosen a target.
    - he chose Gertie and Mary when these announcements (a shot is fired) were made on thread (look at post 1 links to spot when this happened)
    - he’s pretty much denied this connection (a shot is fired) that you can see form
    My questions him
    - it also sort of doesn’t fit in with his reasoning on coming out.
    - he came out on thread and said he’s a bullet who will I shoot? 40 mins before a munch.
    - ewan said “shoot Mary”
    - I think he had already placed his order in he day before when we saw “a shot is fired” so either ewan guesses the one target or it was a wolf play to help Angus look like he wanted Village input into a choice he had already made

He didnt shoot Mary though

Oh wait he did.

• Advertisement

Its not directed at you. Ive seen it alot this game esp when Henrys name is brought up

So analyse my posts, ask me questions. I can't prove i'm village if your only allegation is, "doing work doesn't clear Henry".

Though I will be gone again for a while so don't me getting upset if you ask and I can't answer straight away.

So analyse my posts, ask me questions. I can't prove i'm village if your only allegation is, "doing work doesn't clear Henry".

Though I will be gone again for a while so don't me getting upset if you ask and I can't answer straight away.

388 posts is a lot to analyse.

Here is this mornings note
    Necro wrote: »

A shot was also been fired .

Who shot that? Where is Angus kill?

388 posts is a lot to analyse.

At least Necro isn't playing.

Here is this mornings note

Who shot that? Where is Angus kill?

That's the munch notice, not the day before. Anyway, we're arguing over something I don't think matters.

That's my question - did Angus aim for Liam as he said, or did he try to shoot someone else who was protected?

If he did shoot Liam, why did wolves take him too?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Results from last night

Abigail voted for Ewan at 20.57
    Doris voted for Ewan at 20.57
    Fiona voted for Emily at 20.57
    Ewan voted for Doris at 20.56
    Henry voted for Doris at 20.54
    Patrick voted for Ewan at 20.53
    Angus voted for Phil at 20.4
    Eva voted for Ewan at 20.37
    Orla voted for Fiona at 20.29
    Tegan voted for Phil at 20.08
    Doris voted for Frank at 20.04
    Henry voted for Emily at 18.54
    Eva voted for Frank at 18.48
    Brendan voted for Ewan at 18.45
    Oisin voted for Liam at 18.41
    Phil voted for Doris at 18.39
    Phil voted for Brendan at 18.14
    Emily voted for Doris at 17.57
    Isla voted for Liam at 17.28
    Clodagh voted for Ewan at 13.12
    Frank voted for Ewan at 10.57
    Ewan voted for Tegan at 10.37
    Liam voted for Patrick at 10.19

Results
    Ewan - Frank, Clodagh, Brendan, Eva, Patrick, Abigail, Doris (7)
    Doris - Emily, Phil, Henry, Ewan (4)
    Phil - Tegan, Angus (2)
    Liam - Isla, Oisin (2)
    Emily - Fiona (1)
    Fiona - Orla (1)
    Patrick - Liam (1)
    Did not vote - Conor

Important to note that I have not taken into account previous missed votes in these tallies.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Good morning everyone. I’m not going to be much use today. High as a kite on prescribed drugs :D I’ve tried to catch up but nothing is sinking into my brain. I’m delighted we’re taking a break for the weekend. I’ll probably vote out of #FFA Doris, Fiona and Angus.

I had a much better post that made more sense but half it disappeared. I still think you can get the main bits from it.

I think

- anytime Angus places a kill order we get “a shot is fired” mod announcement, so we can tell when he’s chosen a target.
    - he chose Gertie and Mary when these announcements (a shot is fired) were made on thread (look at post 1 links to spot when this happened)
    - he’s pretty much denied this connection (a shot is fired) that you can see form
    My questions him
    - it also sort of doesn’t fit in with his reasoning on coming out.
    - he came out on thread and said he’s a bullet who will I shoot? 40 mins before a munch.
    - ewan said “shoot Mary”
    - I think he had already placed his order in he day before when we saw “a shot is fired” so either ewan guesses the one target or it was a wolf play to help Angus look like he wanted Village input into a choice he had already made

Just reposting this for the village to judge. Unless I see a reasonable explanation I’m voting for Angus.

"A shot was also been fired ."

*grammar Nazi intensifies*

• Advertisement

That's the munch notice, not the day before. Anyway, we're arguing over something I don't think matters.

That's my question - did Angus aim for Liam as he said, or did he try to shoot someone else who was protected?

If he did shoot Liam, why did wolves take him too?

A shot has been fired was included in the munch notice, why? Why is this the first time we have seen “a shot has been fired” in the munch notice? Any chance Angus knows I am onto him and placed his kill order at 9.59 this morning so it would blend in with the munch notice?

Advertisement