Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analogue Pocket

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks for the heads up! Just updated and got my games down. My body is ready.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had to pay customs there. Looks like it's arriving today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,652 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Aye....probably won't get a chance to check them out till the middle of the week, but good to finally get them today. Actually interested to see how the Lynx stuff fares out on the screen.

Not my pic, but not exactly inconspicuous 😂

Master of the Universe

Reading reports of some buzzing from people's PCE adapters, watch out for that when you're testing it out.

Should have mine later today too. Only really want the NGP adapter to be honest so might try moving the other two along on ebay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll have to dig out my pce stuff, Ive not found them yet. I do know where my ngp stuff is but didn't get a chance to update the pocket or get them from the attic as I was engrossed in the Metroid prime remake. I'm in the office all day and have a thing to go to tonight so will be late enough when I get around to it.

Also got a new R4 in the post yesterday so I've a lot of handheld stuff to play around with!

• Advertisement

Getting the feeling these aren't coming today and I'm not around tomorrow to accept a package.

Master of the Universe

Pretended they attempted to deliver today but they Didn't, cheeky bastads!

Guess it'll be another day waiting for me too.

Master of the Universe

Anyone get these yet?

I'm still waiting for UPS to give me another delivery date...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,652 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

No joy on my end yet.....paid duty yesterday, but never got out for delivery apparently - sometimes not an issue as I've had deliveries not update to that until they're at my door.

Might show up today, but not about until later tomorrow

Mines stuck on "one the way" since yesterday morning. In a way it suits me as I'm in the office all week and going to see the niece and nephew later who I haven't seen in a month so not missing out on that.

Still pretty shoddy. You wouldn't want to be taking a day off work.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Their online tracking is a bit of a shambles. Mine just arrived at the door and there was zero indication it was out for delivery at all.

Happened to me as well. Got a delivery notification. Came home and it was in the bushes in the garden.

I tried metal slug 1st mission briefly. First the good. It looks great and seems to run great. The display modes look really good as well with NGPC+ being the one to go for if you want authenticity but without being able to see nothing.

It could be me but the sound emulation sounds off. The NGPC hasn't the best sound output and I've no NGPC to test against but some timings felt off and some tones were a bit harsh.

Master of the Universe

Haven't given anything a bash just yet but I'm very impressed with how they look visually. Love the transparency and thankfully NGP games are small so it's all flush.

This'll basically just be living in my Analogue Pocket now.

Master of the Universe

Oh interesting, I'll give the sound a bit of a listen versus a real one and see how they compare.

It's still good to have even if I'm right about the sound. NGPC emulation was in an awful state so it should improve and already has come on substantially

Master of the Universe

PCE is definitely a tad on the ridiculous side when it comes to the carts sticking out alright.

Saying that, the games look lovely. I do think I'll be sticking to Open FPGA/ROMs with this though.

This is kinda cool to be able to do!

Can't find my lynx or PC engine carts to check those adapters. I still can't get PC engine cd games to work on open FPGA. It just seems a big faff, the auto updater does nothing and keep getting a file ID error.

So I played metal slug 1st mission and completed it. Wonderful game. Love how there's so many multiple routes to discover and how dying on a vehicle stage can send you to prison.

I also played some snk vs Capcom. Works wonderfully. Sound also an awful lot better, I'm beginning to think metal slug sound is just a bit iffy after listening to it on YouTube. I should check the recent NGPC collection as well. The analogue pocket controls hold up well but fall short of that glorious micro switch joystick on the original.

Master of the Universe

I gave Metal Slug 2 a go, I don't think I've actually really played it before. It's amazing. They really captured the essence of a Metal Slug game. I do like the first NGP game but this really is a massive step up.

Be careful with the Lynx/PCE adapters by the way. A PCE Hucard actually fits in the Lynx adapter. I found this out as I had it in my console thinking it was the PCE adapter and couldn't figure out why none of my PCE games would work!

It's kind of annoying that they only have a number on them. I wonder is there someone on Etsy maybe that does a nice sticker you can put on each of them to signify which console they're for.

Pretty sure the name of the system is on the adapter as well. It's hard to make out as the plastic is clear.

I kind of want to get through 1st mission first and do all the levels as it will be hard to go back after 2nd mission.

Master of the Universe

Pretty sure that says 'pocket adapter' and not the actual console name.

I see the Gamegear one has 'GG Adapter' printed on the PCB itself but these three new ones have '5V 0.3A' printed there instead.

Edit - found it! At the base of the number 2, you can see a tiny 'NGP' to the right. That's fairly impossible to see in regular light.

Ah well, small niggle - still aiming to only keep the NGP one anyway so it's not like I'll need to determine which is which.

• Advertisement

Yep I know I saw it last night as managed to pick the right adapter out! It doesn't really stand out.

Enjoyed Metal Slug 1st mission but the sequel does seem to be a way better game so far.

Master of the Universe

It's rather amazing how much it feels like a Metal Slug game.

The submarine parts feel even more like In The Hunt too!

Advertisement