Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just copped Ray Donovan season 7 is back with well over a month :eek:

Bit of catching up to do so.
    Let the games begin! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

feeding the wild garden birds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Only two more days until we can get back to our usual routine. A couple of friends calling tonight and some in-laws for coffee tomorrow and then Christmas (much as we love it) is over.
    We hardly know what day of the week it is lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Kind of looking forward to going back to a “routine” again, as much as I enjoy the time off. It’s trivial but I like it....routine :-)

I was in town at 9.15am,got my hair blowdried, bought 2 tops ,a new foundation and a few other bits and had a coffee on my own, as much as I like meeting my friends in town sometimes I'm happier browsing on my own. Also it was so quiet in there and plenty parking, I really enjoyed the few hours to myself.

• Advertisement

I was in town at 9.15am,got my hair blowdried, bought 2 tops ,a new foundation and a few other bits and had a coffee on my own, as much as I like meeting my friends in town sometimes I'm happier browsing on my own. Also it was so quiet in there and plenty parking, I really enjoyed the few hours to myself.

Sounds great, wish I had more get up and go to be in town for 9.15!! New year, new me :-P must try to get up and at them early enough at the weekends too, I find when you’re up early you get way more done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You do. You also get to watch the sunrises, and the world coming to life, and hear the birdsong if you're up at first light. That's my TH, I did this this morning:)

You do. You also get to watch the sunrises, and the world coming to life, and hear the birdsong if you're up at first light. That's my TH, I did this this morning:)

What’s TH? Sorry I don’t follow this thread all the time!!

leahyl wrote: »
    What’s TH? Sorry I don’t follow this thread all the time!!

It's short for a trivial thing that makes me happy :)

It's short for a trivial thing that makes me happy :)

Oh right....make sense! Don’t mind me! :-P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Miss Elizabeth

Rarely drink it but every now and then I love a big cold glass of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Roll on Monday,kids back in school.And the torment back in work.
    Finally some peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

feeding the wild garden birds

The jackdaws were pulling down the bird feeders here, so I put clipped the feeders in place. The frustration of the jackdaws is comical to watch. Pulling and tugging at the feeders, and getting nowhere. Meanwhile the small birds fly in and out to their hearts content. The solitary robin on duty on the ground for anything that falls down. It's like a never ending pantomime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got a €50 tip from my table in the restaurant at work tonight. Happy days :D

Chatting to a new friend in messenger. Always wondered what Aries men are like (I'm an Aries woman). He feels strangely familiar. It's kinda cool :)

Chatting to a new friend in messenger. Always wondered what Aries men are like (I'm an Aries woman). He feels strangely familiar. It's kinda cool :)

I'm an Aries.
    We are fantastic!! :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...and modest. :pac:

New Home wrote: »
    ...and modest. :pac:
    And quick to anger! :mad:

But quick to forgive ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Miss Elizabeth

Out driving and the guy in the car in front of us was dancing away. He was giving Mick Jagger a run for his money. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Dishwasher put on and emptied, wash put on and dry clothes folded. Place tidied up. Nothing like the fear of my mother to make me productive :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Alecto wrote: »
    Dishwasher put on and emptied, wash put on and dry clothes folded. Place tidied up. Nothing like the fear of my mother to make me productive :D

Well done young lady . I hope you cleaned the bathroom too missy

!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Well done young lady . I hope you cleaned the bathroom too missy

!!

Just about to wipe it down to make it look like I did :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26 minggatu

Boogie Woogie on Youtube. Look for Dr.Kavanaugh et al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

TH at the experience of visiting the area where we spread the ashes of our friend on the one month anniversary of her death. We all thought it would be very hard being back there as it's still so soon since she died but it ended up being a wonderful experience full of great stories of our friend, lots of laughs and yes some tears too but that's ok. We got to celebrate her life and how much she meant to us instead of mourning her death. I am home now and very emotional but in the best way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had a really great day with the lad I’ve been seeing and one of his good friends and his (the friend’s) girlfriend today. Such a laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I found a toblerone in the fridge, whoo hoo !

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Had a really great day with the lad I’ve been seeing and one of his good friends and his (the friend’s) girlfriend today. Such a laugh :D

He must have been an Aries! :pac:

TH the way a change of background colour totally changes the tone and impression I feel from texts I receive. I know it's best not to read any tone into texts, but the mind will do as it pleases when you're uncertain about someone who isn't in front of you to take a visual reading from.
    Also TH, like a happy starfish in a huge four poster bed, complete with thick velvet curtains (for tonight) after eating dinner I didn't have to cook.
    Oh wrong thread! Sorry. Can I leave it here anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

cjmc wrote: »
    I found a toblerone in the fridge, whoo hoo !

I haven't eaten chocolate since Jan 1st, and I don't like the fruit I'm replacing said chocolate with. Will you marry me? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

The smell when I walk into a book shop.

New books purchased from aforementioned bookshop.

Advertisement