Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

Met Adam King's Dad and brother at a book signing/Christmas event in Waterstones Cork this eve - twas wonderful.. such a wonderful kid; got 2 of his "A hug for you" cards..

PS they might be printing more of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

After losing my wife of two months to her coming out as gay, to putting my dog down a month later, to moving back to Scotland to restart my life, and being told a week later that my first cousin was diagnosed with leukemia, I thought I was just gonna live with horrible news after horrible news.

Today, on my way to work, I got a phone call to tell me he is in remission.

I know this is far from trivial, but it's the first time I've cried so much out of pure happiness in months, I broke down when i got home at half 1 in the morning.

I'm in my little cubbyhole right now with two cans of lager -- having two little celebratory drinks to myself because I just can't sleep from being so happy.

The best news I could've wanted to hear. I still get to have my cousin in my life.

I had to shout to the heavens somewhere. Couldn't pick a better place than here. ❤️❤️❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I owned a jacket for 4 years before I lost it. I’m still not sure how I Iost it 🤔 I believe I put it above my seat on a train and forgot but I’ll never know

It costs well over €100. Helly Hansen a Norwegian brand. I had spent 2 winters with cheap no-name jackets that ripped and fell apart

Last week I saw Helly Hansen on a Black Friday deal and I bought the jacket. Arrived today and it’s quite light weight but I was instantly warm. TH at quality brands. Yes we all want to save money but some brands are pure quality 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

^ I’m with you, don’t mind paying for quality, especially clothing..

my TH… Europe win the Mosconi cup, beating the US on US soil, great entertainment … a TA too…the behaviour of the US spectators in the audience trying to put the European players off… when they are at the table and down shooting… they’d be crying into their beer if the shoe was on the other foot, desperately unsportsmanlike.

but a great job by Europe..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A safe snug home. A warm bed.. No not trivial! Knitting which I love... working with fine yarns... In reality it is baby milk for abandoned little ones in India...

HAPPY and TRIVIAL ... contradiction ... Happiness is ... BLISS.. JOY...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having a hard time finding spelt/non wheat bread anywhere, local bakery has it sometimes,

Dragging back from my too early am appointment I stick my head in and they mention they have some marked down as its been out of date since yesterday. I bought the lot and its still yielding, so into the freezer it goes! big plans for an allergy free bread pudding later on in the month

Th2, the sourdough sib bough was headed to the bin, so its in the freezer now as well, will make yummy French toast, christmas and new year mornings!

Months and months of weekend toast, bread pudding and french toast for 8€ all before lunchtime on a monday.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

had stressful/expensive dental treatment today but on the happy side, I am glad that I have the money to pay for it..

who ever introduced me to the concept of gratitude - I am v grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

This is indeed trivial.

I had a plan to get a pyramid shaped plant support, cable tie fairy lights to it, then cable tie it to my washing line. Washing line is one of the rotary type.

The idea being the pole of the line is the trunk of the "tree". Set it up this evening and it works a treat!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Finishing a tin of vegetable soup, and about to start a tin of tomato

• Advertisement

Thank you for this thread. It is a HAPPY in its own right when the world seems a dark place....

My "happy" is the sudden HAPPY of a small rescue cat whose response to loving kindness and good food is an overwhelming affection and a purr that gets less rusty every day..

@Graces7 sorry to hear you find the world "dark" - there's plenty of light to be experienced.. you just have to shift your focus..

my TH for today - had been looking for a warm casual coat for ages (one to wear with trainers).. had been looking but all I could see wer lagging jacket/sleeping bag style - not my cuppa..

but found a fab Craghoppers coat today - soo warm and fab in shape/style etc.. and really good quality - and when I went to pay for it, it was half price.. woo hoo.. €162 to €82,.. happy days..

To be warm is so important for me,,..

v cold today - thought I saw 2 lads in town wearing shorts.. lucky sods

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I woke up before noon. Part 1 of re-setting my biological clock. Now to be in bed by midnight ( can’t kick the wordle habit yet ). Fed and watered.

walking in the park today at lunch time with the sun shining in a winter blue sky = contentment.. hmm hmm hmm..

no exaggeration.. I didn't even use my headphones (I usually listen to music or a podcast while walking).. I just took it all in - awe what a tonic for the soul.. man we are really at the mercy of the weather here in Ireland eh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

@Graces7 such happiness from a small creature.

The 4 kittens who were here are now reduced to one, which has been moved indoors. Very quickly taken to warmth and comfort. Those two innocent little eyes would melt your heart.

Post edited by madmaggie on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just got a notification from An Post looking for €21 VAT & handling fee for a package from the US.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Going for a walk in the countryside on a cold, cloudless night with a high moon lighting up the road.

Ah no. There are things that are incurably dark... that have to be accommodated as they are. The art then is in accepting, coming to terms, walking on. After all we would not know what LIGHT is but for the darkness we see it against... Happy is in accepting what is and still finding joy.

Looking at a day free of any plans or obligations or even contacts.. A space to breathe and renew. .... A lot of small happies ahead..

• Advertisement

thats what I was saying - focus on the light (the joy).. 😊

Yep. Had that happen twice the same week. One was the US the other Canada and a stonking E300 as it was the " gift" of this laptop... Some reeducation has gone on since then... Hey should this be in the happy thread!!!

Ah we have a different approach is all.. lol..hard, dark things have to be attended to d. THAT in itself makes me happy... equally as the lighter things

My happy is that the long planned giving a home to a couple more needy cats looks close. You can never have too many furries...

All things Christmas 🎊🎉☃️🎅

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

Said above, but that moon again tonight. Watch out for werewolves everyone. Cold shivering werewolves.

rem this is a Happy Thread 😊 love n light x

wrong thread - but anyway - could that be spam? I just got a spam mail from an post - coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

@Graces7 @sporina

No - it's in the correct thread.

Over the last 18 months, An Post have been rejecting numerous packages from outside the EU & returning them to sender. The reason given is "failed electronic customs clearance" and it is causing untoward frustration for buyers and sellers.

I ordered this package from the US in November. There were two possible outcomes:

1/ An Post reject the package and return it to the sender - I'M ANNOYED

2/ An Post accept the package, send a demand for VAT and once it's paid, deliver the package to me - I'M HAPPY

Once I got the VAT demand, I knew everything would be ok.

If they rejected it, I'd hear nothing until the seller contacted me to say "hey! The package I sent you has been returned for no good reason."

Happiness is in conquering sadness and darkness! not in pretending they don't exist. Blind is blind. Last word from me on this so quitting for a few hours! Need to turn the light off and rest in the blessed darkness. We very old folk see life very differently ..

• Advertisement

no one is pretending that darkness and sadness don't exist.. but this is a HAPPY thread.. maybe lets keep it that way????!!!

let the light in.. ☀️

Advertisement